Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

Those suggesting Pearson because of how he got Leicester to the Premier League; would you also take Nigel Adkins as he did a similar, if not better, job at Southampton? 

Adkins never got a full season in Prem did he? I think they got rid even though not in relegation zone. Pearson did more to stabilise the club IMO Saints had a very sound behind the scenes team something we haven't! 

8 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

It's all well and good saying Lambert didn't get us relegated, but I guarantee he would have this season without Benteke or Delph.

he would have got us relegated last season with Benteke and Delph

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Those suggesting Pearson because of how he got Leicester to the Premier League; would you also take Nigel Adkins as he did a similar, if not better, job at Southampton? 

Pearson also pulled off a miracle and kept them up

• Like 1

On 30. April 2016 at 00:41, terrytini said:

As someone said earlier why on earth assume it will be shit ? IF it's Pearson, who I take it you don't want, it doesn't follow that it will then be shit does it ? You may not like him but it isn't like wed be appointing my missus. And IF it's Pearson why assume it will also be Black ? And if it is why assume that will be shit too ?

Things are bad enough as they are without writing us off over imagined appointments for failings they may not have !!

Unfortunately we are shit.

shit remains shit unless you get rid of it and replace it with something other than shit.

RL replaces shit with shit.

now that we have so much shit on board, one can no longer tell the non-shit from the actual shit.

Maybe we need someone who is really shit, who recognises the shit, points out who the shit is, then as some who is so shit, gets rid of all the shit.

Then we can start again

• Like 1

On 1. Mai 2016 at 14:47, ferguson1 said:

I like Moyes but don't like the fact that we may be waiting for a take over to happen first.  Moreover, does Moyes need convincing? Don't know if anyone else heard it, but Ray Wilkins was on Talksport last week and when discussing Moyes he said that the Villa and Celtic jobs wouldn't interest him one iota! Only a Premiership job was going to interest him!!  Make of that what you will. 

Ray Wilkins was a shit footballer.

He is/was a shit coach.

He's an even more shit pundit.

His ONLY success was his voice over for the Tango'ed ads.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Pearson also pulled off a miracle and kept them up

But, we need someone to get us up - not keep us up! 

As far as Adkins is concerned, you could argue that he was sacked too early and because of that we don't know what he was really capable of achieving with that team. 

Just saying. 

• Like 1

On 1. Mai 2016 at 22:08, Pilchard said:

How about Eric Black joining us on 26th January? At that point we had gone five games unbeaten, including two wins. He joined the club and the decline in performances and results accelerated. The team he left, Rotherham, were dead and buried and since he left a new coaching team has been brought in and they've saved themselves. 

I'd give that as pretty good evidence that he's no good as a coach. As are the many relegations Black has been part of.

100% this ^

• Like 1

For Pearson:

Do we have a good scouting network, such as the one he had at Leicester?

Will he have the financial backing here, that he had to get Leicester promoted?

Will he have the backroom staff that he had at Leicester?

Thise are the important questions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

Unfortunately we are shit.

shit remains shit unless you get rid of it and replace it with something other than shit.

RL replaces shit with shit.

now that we have so much shit on board, one can no longer tell the non-shit from the actual shit.

Maybe we need someone who is really shit, who recognises the shit, points out who the shit is, then as some who is so shit, gets rid of all the shit.

Then we can start again

This post is full of shit.........;)

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DK82 said:

For Pearson:

Do we have a good scouting network, such as the one he had at Leicester?

Will he have the financial backing here, that he had to get Leicester promoted?

Will he have the backroom staff that he had at Leicester?

Thise are the important questions.

But surely all of these factors are applicable to every manager? It's not likely that anyone coming to villa will say to Hollis- don't worry about my scouting network and you can keep your money.

moyes- would most  probably want a kings ransom to come here.

Just now, Dave J said:

But surely all of these factors are applicable to every manager? It's not likely that anyone coming to villa will say to Hollis- don't worry about my scouting network and you can keep your money.

moyes- would most  probably want a kings ransom to come here.

Those are the reasons Pearson was a success at Leicester though.

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

Those are the reasons Pearson was a success at Leicester though.

But I don't believe they are specific to Pearson & Leicester, surely all successful teams require these very important ingredients?

2 minutes ago, Dave J said:

But I don't believe they are specific to Pearson & Leicester, surely all successful teams require these very important ingredients?

Not when Leicester had a bigger budget in the championship than most, far bigger than we would have. So no.

Sane goes for scouting. We don't have a scouting network. Leicester did.

Thirdly. I'm talking about Prarson which is, strangely, why I used his last club.

Edited by DK82