Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

I'm seriously hoping we appoint a manager :(

One chinese overlord will suffice, Owner, CEO, Chairman, manager, coach and player all rolled into one.

9 hours ago, jon_c said:

This is the Pearson argument summed up perfectly right here. 

You either think he did a good job, because he kept that Leicester side up.

Or you think you think he did a bad job because he had that Leicester side battling at the bottom of the league all season.

Guessing Chelsea have a shit squad....

And Mourinho is a shite coach

All this debate over a managerial appointment that may not even happen.

Well at least if any club is thinking of hiring Pearson, they can come here for an in-depth analysis of his strengths and weaknesses.

• Like 4

On 8 May 2016 at 12:45, LondonLax said:

Pearson had a squad capable of winning the league and almost managed to relegate them :P 

Have you got 5 reverse gears on your car and 1 forward gear?

have you ever heard of building and developing its called progress, thats exactly what he did......and towards the end of that season it was championship form.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

have you ever heard of building and developing its called progress, thats exactly what he did......and towards the end of that seadon itbwas championship form.

22 points from a sample size of 9 games for 'championship form' between 4th April and 24th may.

so what 'form' does that make the 1 point from 11 games between 18th October and 26th December?

or how would you describe the 2 points from 8 games between 17th January and 18th of March?

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No, it isn't an idea. Which was my point.

He'd be a crap appointment.

But the point is he's got promoted from the Championship before, yet would still be a crap appointment. So just having a promotion on your CV isn't the be all and end all.

Jose Mourinho has never been promoted from the Championship, but I wouldn't be turning him away if he came knocking down at VP

So, as a matter of interest.....who would be your no 1 choice as manager

Putting another slant on this.  In the unlikely event that we actually do get a hugely ambitious new owner who wants to invest eyewatering amounts of money. Who is the best we could attract in the Aston Villa founded football league with a promise of huge wages and an obscene budget. Who would drop down to take the project on? 

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

22 points from a sample size of 9 games for 'championship form' between 4th April and 24th may.

so what 'form' does that make the 1 point from 11 games between 18th October and 26th December?

or how would you describe the 2 points from 8 games between 17th January and 18th of March?

Personally i feel Leicester were very,very unlucky during the period you quote Oct-March and have said on here several times that i believe they were " in " most games. Maybe you can argue they finally found their feet and the rub of the green just at the right time?. I also believe that the form shown from March is very much title winning form and if the season had carried on for longer who know what their final finish might have looked like?. I  do believe he is instrumental in Leicester amazing achievement this year, with the feel good factor from last season's finish carrying over into this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

We understand that.

but had those 2 contrasting periods of form been the other way around, i could see your point....... as they were juxtaposition, I cannot see your point at all.

example .....you assemble a team and you do not get instant results, there is still much development work to do.....eventually the messages get understood the work on the training ground manifests itself in to players doing what is being told, that can take quite a while.....perhaps 27 games in this case.

Eventually the penny drops and that could well be the 9 games you appear scornful of.

Leicester was never playing badly during their poor run.....They were just producing poor results, there is a subtle difference.....they were in development.

Leicester have had a Remarkable season and it started last year with those 9 remarkable games.....Ranieri himself has remarked on the incredible team spirit he inherited...is that a sign of a poor manager? Its just a measure of the humility that Ranieri has and thats to his credit.

Perhaps some of us could learn from that.

We are different we are a badly assembled patchwork quilt of a team that consist of mercenaries that are not qualified to draw the wages their agents have negotiated...they have a much higher opinion of their capabilities than the performances have displayed.....They resemble the very opposite of Leicester.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Who would your choice of manager be?

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

So, as a matter of interest.....who would be your no 1 choice as manager

On 05/05/2016 at 08:44, Stevo985 said:

Something like:

Moyes
Hughton
Karanka 
Bruce
Allardyce
Rowett

Off the top of my head. I'd throw McCarthy in there as well before Pearson.

Obviously not all of them will be available given at least one of them will be promoted into the premier league, or Allardyce might still be in it (although I don't think he will).

Rowett would be a risk, but if you're talking about managers who "fit", then I think he would certainly "fit".

For me, the logical option is to go for the manager who, historically, has the best record.

The available and feasible manager with the best record is David Moyes. Managing a team like Everton for as long as he did, with as high league positions as he achieved, with the modest (but not as threadbare as often made out) funds he did it with, makes him the best option.

I think some people read too much into his 'failure' at Man Utd (even though he did as good as LVG's first season and spent a lot less money) and his failure in his first job in Spain. Another big factor that people use against him, is that he hasn't achieved a promotion for a while, but there is clear evidence to say that a good manager can achieve promotion even if he hasn't done it for a while.

(For those asking, I'm also fairly certain that Moyes is Stevo's first choice. He's said it a few times in this mammoth thread).

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think there was many Leicester fans at the beginning of the season who didn't think Ranieri was a "good fit" for them.

so much for "fit"

i would prefer to call it "opinions"......because thats all they are.

53 minutes ago, TRO said:

have you ever heard of building and developing its called progress, thats exactly what he did......and towards the end of that season it was championship form.

Who built it though him or the coaches and the scouts that are still at the club?

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

For me, the logical option is to go for the manager who, historically, has the best record.

The available and feasible manager with the best record is David Moyes. Managing a team like Everton for as long as he did, with as high league positions as he achieved, with the modest (but not as threadbare as often made out) funds he did it with, makes him the best option.

I think some people read too much into his 'failure' at Man Utd (even though he did as good as LVG's first season and spent a lot less money) and his failure in his first job in Spain. Another big factor that people use against him, is that he hasn't achieved a promotion for a while, but there is clear evidence to say that a good manager can achieve promotion even if he hasn't done it for a while.

(For those asking, I'm also fairly certain that Moyes is Stevo's first choice. He's said it a few times in this mammoth thread).

If i went to the "dogs" and looked at the form and seen one dog last time out very impressive and the other dog did well 3 races ago, but last 2 times out was less than impressive.....I'll let you choose.

Its always a gamble, but are you going to go "with"form or expect a change.

26 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Who built it though him or the coaches and the scouts that are still at the club?

Who recruited them?