Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

11 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Agreed. Pearson clearly did a very shit job with Leicester.

Youre joking right?

Finished first in championship.

finished 14th in first season in the prem whilst getting unlucky in a bunch of fixures in first half of season.

hardly a very shit job is it. Infact, its excellent. 

(in before LCFC being 1st in prem this year as if they should have done so well the year before...)

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 2

Youre joking right?

Finished first in championship.

finished 14th in first season in the prem whilst getting unlucky in a bunch of fixures in first half of season.

hardly a very shit job is it. Infact, its excellent. 

(in before LCFC being 1st in prem this year as if they should have done so well the year before...)

Unlucky fixtures? Everyone plays the same games. He'd have had a good reputation if not for this season. You can't tell me it's All Ranieri and not the players? No thanks.

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

Unlucky fixtures? Everyone plays the same games. He'd have had a good reputation if not for this season. You can't tell me it's All Ranieri and not the players? No thanks.

Not one single thing in this post is related to what i said.

4 hours ago, jon_c said:

China bought up a third stake in British nuclear power stations, I can't imagine them owning a football club would be a no-go after that.

I'm not saying he won't pass, just unlikely to see an announcement until it's confirmed that he has passed.

50 mill to spend next season and some people still want Pearson

Umm i think we can attract a higher calibre of manager than Pearson with that kind of transfer budget....

Edited by AshVilla

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

50 mill to spend next season and some people still want Pearson

Umm i think we can attract a higher calibre of manager than Pearson with that kind of transfer budget....

like a 32.5 million pound striker......great business for us but a dangerous market to be in unless you really know what you're doing.

I would like to go back to reasonable prudent signings and slowly build up to the big stuff.

RDM yes, Moyes yes, but Pearson no thanks! A manager is only as good as his backroom staff! They ain't going anywhere! Lets be serious here Pearson got sacked and Leicester did fine without him, he may have planted the seed but the seed carried on growing without him!!

Insulting a member of the media for asking a simple question, offering to fight fans etc he is a PR nightmare.

Garde couldn't bring the staff he wanted he ended up with captain charisma Mr Black look how that ended!

Pearson will be a disaster.

• Like 2

We have seen first hand what blowing the best part of 100 million on dubious buys does.

not to mention the Bents @ c 20 mill

Lets get sensible.

The very best would not come even if we had the money

We need to look carefully at the best of the second/third  tier of player, like Leicester have done.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I do have to agree that maybe Pearson would seem an odd choice now. We seem to have a determined and progressive owner in place and don't think Pearson, or Moyes to that matter, fits that mould.

Rodgers does, so does RDM. 

I know a lot of people want Moyes, but I don't think he is adaptable enough. Struggled away from Everton. Not convinced he would be our best choice. 

Pearson would be a disaster. Par-average manager at all clubs he's managed, even at Leicester.

We need a manager who has experience with club overhauls and a large transfer kitty at his helm; an all-rounder who has put teams to success before.

In other words, someone like Di Matteo. 

Edited by meme

Hope we go for Gareth Southgate on a 1 week contract (as that would bring me a fair chunk of money).

And then go for a manager with a very clear idea of how he want's to play, then sign players to fit this style of play.

None of the names mentioned excites me in the slightest, but being a Championship club we have to be realistic.

Being British or having Championship experience thou comes way, way down on the list of priorities for me, especially since we'll hopefully see a completely new side next season.

The Championship isn't some mythical place where everything is harder or more difficult than in the rest of the world of football. Having a manager for just the Championship, and then getting a new one after promotion and totally rebuilding the squad again with a new manager once hopefully promoted is a terrible, very naive idea.

• Like 1

I wonder if Bielsa is on the radar at all? He was close to going to Swansea last season and although Swansea were in a better situation at the time there is more potential to develop a serious project at Villa. He has his eccentricities but could lay down some serious foundations as to how the football team should be run. The football would be great to watch too and it would be a tremendous signal of intent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Agreed. Pearson comes across poorly and clearly did a very shit job with Leicester.

Championship winner with 102 points and a very credible 14th place upon returning to the premier league- come on be fair that's not sh-t.

• Like 3