Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

but seriously... £10 or £20 mill for this summer would be ok?

However much it takes to pay off the contracts of those we want rid of and no one wants and to get in decent players to compete at this levlel hopefully to get us promoted and maybe develop into good premier league players.  I do not think we can afford to (not money but in terms of club development ) buy a new team this year and then do the same again next year if we are in the premier league,  we need some stability of team and tactics so its a tough call to get players who are basically premier league quality players now.

19 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Well, if we are to be bought by the Chinese government, then they could make it law to own a villa shirt, 1bn shirt sales at £40 a pop should ease any worries over FFP.

Were not going to be bought by the Chinese government!

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

Were not going to be bought by the Chinese government!

Well that pissed on my chips.

Still though, massive market in China, surely shirt sales and merchandise is going to go through the roof?

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Still though, massive market in China, surely shirt sales and merchandise is going to go through the roof?

Lets hope so, I am sure that is part of our investors' plans.  To do that they will need to build the Villa brand i.e. better players, better league, better results.  That has to be good news for us.  So tired of watching shit players lose week in week out, personally ready to welcome new owners and anyone they appoint will have my backing 

12 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Unless they look at the fixture list to see when we play Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal...

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

scandalous? he got his medal but I would give him very little credit for it. Drogba was playing his last few months for the club and he wanted go out with a bang. Cant think of one thing Di Matteo did that Mourinho, Hiddink or Ancelotti wouldnt have done

are you saying RDM is just as good at managing as those three then?

we need a new goalie,  at least two new defenders possibly three, 3 midfielders and at least one striker.  Thats before we get rid of the ones on contracts we dont want (gabby,  lescott,  richards etc) and before we start to think about replacing those we want to keep but who may bugger off (amavi,  ayew,  veretout,  gana etc) when you then add into the mix this last lot that need replacing then the numbers needed column goes up

Its ok talking burnley and hull and boro but they had better more stable and together squads than us and basically just needed tinkering.  we need total over haul

Di Matteo? Jesus, when I said Pearson would be a disaster, I never factored in the possibility we might end up with this plonker instead.

So Mr Pearson, do you remember all those nasty things I said about you on Villa Talk? Turns out, I didn't mean any of them and I'd love you to become our new manager (or just have RDM killed/kidnapped for us). 

I know it's all pure speculation, but this for me is why I'm sceptical about owners coming in from developing football nations. They might have loads of money to chuck around, but the lack of knowledge means appointing 'advisors' to make decisions. Appoint bad advisors, end up with RDM as your manager. 

Edited by wazzap24

The amount of money we're gonna need to build a squad capable of competing is largely dependent on who we give it to. We need people on board who know the transfer business, understand player contracts and who can identify real talent. We've seen the opposite of this with Villa recently. With the wrong people in place making poor decisions, we could spend £60m and still have an ineffective squad. We can't afford to waste money on players that don't contribute or fit into the team. 

But with the right people in, doing shrewd business, we might not need that much. 

• Like 2