Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

21 minutes ago, KHV said:

He had Brentford playing with a swagger when they went up from league 1, and they were very good to watch in the championship too. I know Rangers isn't as challenging but even still I think Warburton has something about him and he could actually be pretty exciting.

I thought my post clearly wasn't disagreeing with you.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KHV said:

248 goals scored in 121 games managed a 61% win ratio and the fact that Brentford came from nowhere to reach the playoffs. Promotion from League 1 and then staright in to the playoffs with Brentfords budget was a great achievement. It didn't help Brentford when they announced his departure halfway through the season either as they may have got autommatic promotion.

His teams are exciting and very attack minded which would be great as Villa are probably the most boring team on the planet to watch and have been for the majority of the last 4-5 years

I was reading about him via his wiki page ... seems he made his money working in the city and wanted to give his dream of coaching a go and go so paid for himself to travel around Europe and watch some of the major clubs training methods  , then got  a job with Watford under 9's or something

it's almost incredible how he became a manger when you read it

Warburton began his coaching career in a part-time role at St. Clement Danes School in Chorleywood while working as a trader.[6] He later said to his wife, "we have the money in the bank, the house is paid for, our lifestyle won't change. I want to do this: 10 years to achieve something in the game. It’s now or never".[8] After leaving his trading job in the early 2000s, he spent his own money travelling around Europe, watching coaching sessions at Sporting Lisbon, Ajax, Valencia, Barcelona and Willem II.[

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I thought my post clearly wasn't disagreeing with you.

Sorry, I know you weren't. My post then wasn't clear, I'm trying to post and pretend to do my job! You said Rangers had a swagger and I was just saying Brentford had that swagger too.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I was reading about him via his wiki page ... seems he made his money working in the city and wanted to give his dream of coaching a go and go so paid for himself to travel around Europe and watch some of the major clubs training methods  , then got  a job with Watford under 9's or something

It shows the hunger he has though, and the desire he has to succeed. I would hire him in a heartbeat.

I don't know why more characters like this aren't given a way into the game, much better than some thicko ex-footballer, who has neither the drive, or need to succeed at management.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

That is actually quite impressive. He deserves to do well.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't know enough about Warburton.

Sounds potentially good, but still a big risk.

If all else fails, he makes a great loaf of bread which would be morre value than we've seen to now

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Neil said:

If all else fails, he makes a great loaf of bread which would be morre value than we've seen to now

Don't forget the crumpet

I'd be on board for Warburton, I'm still bemused as to why the next manager has to be British though, is that a board consensus thing or just something one of them said?

3 hours ago, KHV said:

248 goals scored in 121 games managed a 61% win ratio and the fact that Brentford came from nowhere to reach the playoffs. Promotion from League 1 and then staright in to the playoffs with Brentfords budget was a great achievement. It didn't help Brentford when they announced his departure halfway through the season either as they may have got autommatic promotion.

His teams are exciting and very attack minded which would be great as Villa are probably the most boring team on the planet to watch and have been for the majority of the last 4-5 years

Think them stats are abit skewed considering he is now managing a professional football team up against pub teams.  Also Brentford had to sell there three best players after he left to avoid being fined for missing FFP.  i.e. he spent well above their limit when he was there and they gambled to get promotion to the Prem which he didnt manage. 

19 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Think them stats are abit skewed considering he is now managing a professional football team up against pub teams.  Also Brentford had to sell there three best players after he left to avoid being fined for missing FFP.  i.e. he spent well above their limit when he was there and they gambled to get promotion to the Prem which he didnt manage. 

Hmm, this could be full circle...familiar story.

6 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Yeah but dont let them facts go against the argument that he is a Neil Warnock type who will take us straight down.  People really do make stuff up to suit their agenda.

Oh so can you predict the future then? Is that to suit your agenda?

Warburton may have worked if we'd kept the moneyball lot, but I think the new powers-that-be will want a steady Championship manager.  The more I think, the more Pearson is looking most likely.  I think we'd have heard more by now if Moyes was seriously interested, I reckon he is hanging on for a stable Prem club.  

12 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

It would be literally the worst decision the club has ever made to have Harry Redknapp as the new manager

Fixed your post

• Like 4