The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Are you sure of the validity of that account making the faked claim ?

I'm responding in turn to the original post that claimed it happened without any proof either.

26 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

So not only was he campaigning outside of a polling station (illegal)

This bit isn't true, he's a party teller, he's outside the polling station, this is perfectly legal. I'd make it not so but that's a different matter

1 minute ago, bickster said:

This bit isn't true, he's a party teller, he's outside the polling station, this is perfectly legal. I'd make it not so but that's a different matter

I thought the rosette bit was the illegal bit?

39 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the EU and NATO are not the same thing , Indeed the UK has always blocked EU actions towards defence and security integration preferring  cooperation through NATO .. if anything Brexit means the UK will play a bigger part in NATO as it uses it to boost our standing

Potentially the Permanent Structured Cooperation  defence framework ( EU army if you like :)) could also  be seen as promoting  closer ties between the EU and NATO , though we  presumably won't be a part of this  it's in addition  to NATO not instead of  ... there is also the European Defense Fund, the Coordinated Annual Review on Defence, and the European Intervention Initiative  , so if anything the EU and NATO is getting stronger  ... even if it doesn't have any wish to actually do anything , see Crimea , South Ossetia 

As it plays a huge part in UK defence  , Scotland breaking away from the UK and joining the EU as part of its Independence  :rolleyes: could be the biggest plus for Russia , I'm not hearing much about Sturgeon being a Russian puppet and the jocks brainwashed by bots

My point was and still is that the UK and the USA being at odds with the EU and other NATO members is in Putin's interest as it weakens both organisations, which it does. I didn't say they were the same thing. And because NATO / EU strengthens in one direction doesn't mean it hasn't weakened in another, it's a typical war of attrition.

35 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm responding in turn to the original post that claimed it happened without any proof either.

Well I think claiming “they are making shit up “ based on one unsubstantiated twitter article , is slightly different ... but I doubt we will agree on that 

42 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Why would you believe something you read on Twitter? 

Did you ask LakotaDakota the same question?

FWIW, there's this too :D

Edited by StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, bickster said:

If Bath and NE Somerset is up by 5.6% Rees-Mogg needs a new seat come a GE, he's looking like toast in that seat

He won't care that much if he gets his Brexit?

He's not in it for the greater good, he's out to feather his nest.

2 minutes ago, Xann said:

He won't care that much if he gets his Brexit?

He's not in it for the greater good, he's out to feather his nest.

Completely agree and he'll have wrecked the Tory Party into the bargain, so we'll at least have something to thank him for

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bickster said:

Watch it happen all over again in another country if we eventually leave. As well as what has already been posted Putin wants the break up of the EU, it was edging closer and closer to Russia and with it NATO, hence the Ukraine situation. Destabilising the EU, destabilises NATO. With the USA and the UK at odds with the rest of the EU he's like a pig in shit.

See for me, while that's a nice narrative, I don't think it's the truth of the matter. I think the power and the influence lies with the US corporate structure - with private insurers, American banks and a host of US companies that would love to break up the EU and its interferences in trade. It's US corporate power that Farage has been cosying up to, not the Russians. Putin is a stooge, a convenient bad guy to look at. We're currently in the midst of a trade war between US companies and the rest of the world, a re-establishment of a hegemony that's been threatened by the growth of China - Brexit helps facilitate that, as does a weakening of trust in democratic process - Farage is a well paid infantryman in that war - he's helping to break up a rival trade group whilst persuading people that political action is their enemy. I think Putin would welcome a strong EU - it acts as a barrier between Russia and the ambitions of US money.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's US corporate power that Farage has been cosying up to, not the Russians.

It's both, it's in both their interests They aren't mutually exclusive things. Putin is no stooge in this

Â