The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 hour ago, bickster said:

One of the few not the many (Labour MP's I'd vote for) and no I don't mean Abbott

That is a poor analogy - a little self control and you don't have to eat cake 😂

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Isn't that her point?

That is not what I got from that statement.

Maybe I should have read the whole statement before commenting in case I misunderstood :)

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

That is not what I got from that statement.

Maybe I should have read the whole statement before commenting in case I misunderstood :)

I assumed she meant you can't just say you want something, you have to actually do something about it. Work towards it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I assumed she meant you can't just say you want something, you have to actually do something about it. Work towards it.

See I thought she meant she has to face the fact that she will be eating cake in the same way that we have to face the fact of brexit and we just have to do what we can with the cards that have been dealt. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

See I thought she meant she has to face the fact that she will be eating cake in the same way that we have to face the fact of brexit and we just have to do what we can with the cards that have been dealt. 

To be honest we shouldn't try and second guess the cake thing,  it might be super tasty cake so we need to step back and at least find out the flavour and shape.  As for the cards,  are they all on the table,  is that confirmed and are they normal sized cards or are they like the ones on Bruce Forsyth's "Play your cards right ? " 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

What she’s saying is that Labour can’t continue their ludicrous attempt to keep supporters of both sides of the debate on their side. It’s time to pick the right side and show some leadership, start telling the truth about the reality of Brexit instead of chasing their silly fantasy.

• Like 2

"I want to be a size 10 but I keep eating cake" sounds rather like "I cannot comprehend simple, logical concepts, and I have an unfortunate self-destructive streak".

I don't think we need go deeper than that, do we?

38 minutes ago, peterms said:

"I want to be a size 10 but I keep eating cake" sounds rather like "I cannot comprehend simple, logical concepts, and I have an unfortunate self-destructive streak".

I don't think we need go deeper than that, do we?

I think the "I" should be a "we all" .

Labour should decide if it wants to back remain or leave and nail it's flag to the mast and let the Tories pick the other side of the coin. At the moment no party offers either option as someone to vote for. 

The EU elections may well give the public a chance to pick between the brexit party and as it looks now the Lib Dems , the change party may well muddy the wsters as UKip will for the leave campaign. 

The EU elections are referendum MK2 . For me , as much as it hurts, Lib Dems will get my vote . 

8 hours ago, tinker said:

Lib Dems will get my vote

Don't forget they will lie to you as well.  They are no long term solution to any problem and the Libs will say anything just to get on the TV for a bit.  "2nd EU ref and jet packs for everyone, free university tuition and cake.  Cake is in the news so cake".  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Don't forget they will lie to you as well.  They are no long term solution to any problem and the Libs will say anything just to get on the TV for a bit.  "2nd EU ref and jet packs for everyone, free university tuition and cake.  Cake is in the news so cake".  

I know that , I voted for them the election they sold out to the Tories and swore I would never vote for them again, they used us all that time. But this time I'm going to use them, EU elections they get my vote.

Everyone that supports remain should do the same. Why? They have a candidate for nearly every seat and their policy on the EU is clear .

We all need to box clever here and keep our votes together, let UKIp and the brexit party split their votes . I would consider the change party but it's not clear they will have candidates everywhere and there policies aren't as clear .

It's quite clear that Brexiters have the media's support the only way remainers cam win is from grass root level tactical voting , it's down to us all to push fo one clear remain party .

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, tinker said:

I know that , I voted for them the election they sold out to the Tories and swore I would never vote for them again, they used us all that time. But this time I'm going to use them, EU elections they get my vote.

Everyone that supports remain should do the same. Why? They have a candidate for nearly every seat and their policy on the EU is clear .

We all need to box clever here and keep our votes together, let UKIp and the brexit party split their votes . I would consider the change party but it's not clear they will have candidates everywhere and there policies aren't as clear .

It's quite clear that Brexiters have the media's support the only way remainers cam win is from grass root level tactical voting , it's down to us all to push fo one clear remain party .

This is exactly where I am.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Exactly the same. Can't split the vote, have to go for Lib Dems for the European Elections. 

The EU elections are via PR, so you can split the vote. In some areas it makes more sense to vote Green if you wish to support remain. I think Chris posted a map a few pages back, showing that.

On 02/05/2019 at 17:19, chrisp65 said:

your best bet geographically if you want to register a remain vote

D5eSunsWwAANZyB.jpg

according to the remain alliance

This was it

45 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't understand the thinking behind that map. In particular, I don't get how or why voting for CHUKTIG will be better in any particular region. Is this based purely on opinion polling?

I don't know, but my guess would be, for instance in Wales there is already a Plaid MEP, but it's not a super strong vote. There are 4 Welsh MEP's, 1 lab, 1 con, 1 kipper, 1 Plaid. So perhaps voting Green or Lib or whatever in Wales might just split a weak vote. So better to all back the same horse.

If people are paying attention, I'd like to think the tory and labour MEP's will disappear and it would go 2:2 Plaid vs Brexit. But most people don't pay attention and will vote for the appropriately rosetted donkey... usually, historically.

Perhaps elsewhere with a stronger remain vote (i.e. already a green and a lib), it matters less which of them you go for.

That's pure guess.

54 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I don't know, but my guess would be, for instance in Wales there is already a Plaid MEP, but it's not a super strong vote. There are 4 Welsh MEP's, 1 lab, 1 con, 1 kipper, 1 Plaid. So perhaps voting Green or Lib or whatever in Wales might just split a weak vote. So better to all back the same horse.

Sure, I'm following that part. But if the concern is 'not splitting the remain vote' then I don't see how it can make sense to vote for CHUKTIG, anywhere in the country. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

22 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't understand the thinking behind that map. In particular, I don't get how or why voting for CHUKTIG will be better in any particular region. Is this based purely on opinion polling?

I think/guess last time’s EU election results are factored in. So for example last time, in the north west there was almost a green MEP elected, they just fell short and it ended up being Tory and labour. This time therefore a few more green votes ought to do it. Or the North east, last time, LDs etc got nowhere, so this time the suggestion is the tigscukgroup.

Â