The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

How much influence would Brexit have on council elections?  Normally the governing party gets a kicking in mid-term elections anyway.  I suppose you'd expect Labour to have gained rather than lost too under normal circumstances.

Normally, you'd be right, these aren't normal times, however.

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

How much influence would Brexit have on council elections?  

James Cleverly MP is your man for that question.

He knew what every voter meant by their vote last night.

The ones voting tory were saying get on with Brexit.

The ones voting labour were saying stop being obstructive and help get brexit done.

The ones voting for remain parties were protesting at the lack of progress by labour in landing brexit.

The ones staying home were disappointed we haven't left yet.

The unborn were waiting for Brexit so they could touch down on free england's triumphant soil.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

James Cleverly MP is your man for that question.

He knew what every voter meant by their vote last night.

Perhaps we should ask him to explain Mr Johnson's vote, as Mr J seems to be struggling with that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, peterms said:

Perhaps we should ask him to explain Mr Johnson's vote, as Mr J seems to be struggling with that.

vote early

vote often

vote in your lying little head

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

As of a few minutes ago, all three brexit parties are a combined total of 960 councillors down.

There's your second referendum right there.

No No No No, thats a clear signal to leave and leave quick, clearly it is, it's very clear, it's so clear, clearness is there in abundance

Update: I think it's 1018 now

• Like 1

What is utterly frustrating is that both major parties are focusing on the fact that its the fault of the other one and that this is the reason why they have lost so many seats and a vindication that their position on Brexit is the right one. They don't ever acknowledge that they themselves are equally to blame, and actually this is an indication that both parties Brexit positions are utterly wrong.  

I am pleased that the Greens are doing very well out of it, and whilst I probably wouldn't vote Lib Dems, I am pleased to see them doing much better. Their simple message of 2nd referendum and sticking to local policies appears to have paid off, despite the issues they had whilst in government... Everyone though has a short memory in politics :)

What does interest me/concern me is what happens in the Euro elections, with both "ChangeUK" and "the Nigel Farage Ego Fascist Party" joining the fray. Whilst it would appear that the remain disdain is having its say, the "pro-brexit" voters do not seem to have an alternative to vote for yet. I think both Tories and Labour are heading for a right royal kicking in the Euro Elections and if they both realise it, I reckon a deal could be done very quickly. They are self-serving parties that do not act in the best interest of the country. I just hope that enough people see that now before its too late, though I have my doubts. 

• Like 3

I'd agree with that, the two main Brexit parties have their own survival as absolute priority number 1.

These results could see a fudge n bollocks agreement on meaningless wording tweeks and brexit delivered at the earliest date they can get 326 brexit MP's in parliament.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

What is utterly frustrating is that both major parties are focusing on the fact that its the fault of the other one and that this is the reason why they have lost so many seats and a vindication that their position on Brexit is the right one. They don't ever acknowledge that they themselves are equally to blame, and actually this is an indication that both parties Brexit positions are utterly wrong.  

I am pleased that the Greens are doing very well out of it, and whilst I probably wouldn't vote Lib Dems, I am pleased to see them doing much better. Their simple message of 2nd referendum and sticking to local policies appears to have paid off, despite the issues they had whilst in government... Everyone though has a short memory in politics :)

What does interest me/concern me is what happens in the Euro elections, with both "ChangeUK" and "the Nigel Farage Ego Fascist Party" joining the fray. Whilst it would appear that the remain disdain is having its say, the "pro-brexit" voters do not seem to have an alternative to vote for yet. I think both Tories and Labour are heading for a right royal kicking in the Euro Elections and if they both realise it, I reckon a deal could be done very quickly. They are self-serving parties that do not act in the best interest of the country. I just hope that enough people see that now before its too late, though I have my doubts. 

The rest of the post is kind of fair enough, but they aren't actually equally to blame are they?

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The rest of the post is kind of fair enough, but they aren't actually equally to blame are they?

Perhaps not necessarily equal blame, but Labour should take a shoulder a significant amount of the blame at the very least. Their own infighting has lead to an incompetent opposition and I am still not entirely sure what the Labour policy is on Brexit. To be fair neither do the Labour MPs but they have not done anything to actually break the deadlock themselves. Why have they allowed the Tories to keep going back? Why didn't they back parliament taking over the Brexit negotiations? Why were the orders for the whip to go against that?

Labour's opposition must be accountable as well and, for me at least, it has been underwhelming to say the least.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bickster said:

Well those council elections seem to have gone spectacularly well for the main Brexit-supporting parties

Both of them are seeming to spin this as voters showing a desire for Brexit to get done. They are clearly off their bloody chumps

The county wants out. It's sent a message that we want Brexit, and we want it now. I mean, what other possible interpretation can there be of these results?

D5p44goWwAAGG8n?format=jpg

41 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

The county wants out. It's sent a message that we want Brexit, and we want it now. I mean, what other possible interpretation can there be of these results?

D5p44goWwAAGG8n?format=jpg

Slightly more updated results:

image.png.f282c02f394d07491d17edf7038237e3.png

• Thanks 2

Her reaction is just bonkers isn't it?

She's frustrated that MP's won't vote for her (terrible) deal, and she's somehow projecting that frustration onto the voters - who in her mind have all voted against her party as a way of showing their frustration at the way that party has treated her. 

I think she might be genuinely ill.

• Like 2

Â