The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

So post Brexit we'll have zero tariffs, no fees, charges or quantitative restrictions across all goods.
Visa-free travel for short-term visits.
'Level playing field' on state aid, social and employment standards, environmental standards, climate change and tax

So no change then 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, peterms said:

Perhaps there will be a summary, because this really isn't helping.

...and it sems there is, a seven page document in normal language.

More helpfully, where May's remarks have been a defensive justification of her part in this charade, Barnier is saying things like "citizens will be able to live their lives as before in their country of residence", which is actual information of use to people in language they can understand.

5 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

So post Brexit we'll have zero tariffs, no fees, charges or quantitative restrictions across all goods.
'Level playing field' on state aid, social and employment standards, environmental standards, climate change and tax

So no change then 

Broadly. And all it's cost us is £40bn and any representation in making the rules we're agreeing to follow.

17 minutes ago, Xann said:

She said we were leaving. Then some Tory melt stood up and said she wasn't delivering the Brexit they wanted.

I mean, no shit Sherlock.

It was like a spoiled child taking issue with a department store Santa.

I think that was the Representative for Wellingborough Peter Bone wasn't it?  If he's upset then it can't be all that bad.

10 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

So no change then 

You're forgetting that our economy is 85% a service economy

1 minute ago, bickster said:

You're forgetting that our economy is 85% a service economy

With a new age of automation landing now and a critical environmental shitstorm in the wings.

We've done very poorly for future generations :(

• Like 1

So the solution to Ireland turns out to be...

Spoiler

*Just keep extending the transition period

*When we're all bored of that, we have a UK-wide Customs Union, but Northern Ireland remains aligned with Single Market rules, so agricultural checks at Larne and elsewhere.

Who could possibly seen that the solution was the thing that they've been saying was unconscionable for the last six months

Information recueillis à la source.

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

So the solution to Ireland turns out to be...

Reveal hidden contents

*Just keep extending the transition period

*When we're all bored of that, we have a UK-wide Customs Union, but Northern Ireland remains aligned with Single Market rules, so agricultural checks at Larne and elsewhere.

Who could possibly seen that the solution was the thing that they've been saying was unconscionable for the last six months

Information recueillis à la source.

So if I've understood that correctly, the rules for driving oxen between counties remain ths same until at least our colonisation of Mars?  But we won't use these rules?

42 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Do the UK still pay Money in to the EU & can the UK do it's trade deals are 2 things I cannot find out at the moment.

I have been up for ages as I expected resignations but none so far.

From the BBC's summary we can do trade deals with the rest of the world

Couldn't see anything on what fees we'll pay

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

If he's upset then it can't be all that bad.

I am the same with Nicola Sturgeon,  if anything has upset her then on balance it's most likely good for most normal people in Britain.

If she could re-build the wall up there she would.  

Â