The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

More reactions to the White Paper confirm it's a completely useless piece of trash.

It's almost... almost... like we're playing for No Deal and just trying to look like we're working towards anything else.

Of course the reality is a few irritatingly loud voices desperately wait No Deal because they'll do well or of out personally and **** everyone else, and all the people around them who should be ignoring them are too incompetent to do anything.

2 hours ago, villakram said:

The most important thing about the white paper is that the banks and hence the city are not at all pleased. 

Let's see who really runs Britannia.

How out of step do you think their opinion is?

Is anyone pleased? Is there anybody who is getting what they were voting for two years ago, on either side? I'm not sure that the banks, just like everybody else, not jumping for joy is the smoking gun you seem to think it is.

Not that it matters. There are two paths now, given a large number of the Conservative party won't vote for it.

It gets further watered down (because it's an illiterate piece of nonsense in it's current form) to the point that nothing changes, otherwise Labour won't vote for it, and it fails. 

Or it stays as it is, the EU don't accept it (because it's an illiterate piece of nonsense in it's current form) and there is no agreement.

They might as well save the time and just jump straight to whichever of those takes their fancy.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

On 02/07/2018 at 10:10, Chindie said:

Just commenting on the talk around it. I believe that's allowed, even in Brexit Britain. I'm shocked that you're shocked that I'm sarcastically shocked at suggestion a much delayed paper put out by a clueless government is apparently ridiculous. I'll happily rescind my shock if it turns out to not be pants on head moronic.

Phew, turns out you don't need to.

You must be very relieved.

Claire Perry pretty just says on QT that David Davis had no idea how hard to would be to actually leave.

Not surprising but stunning to hear it from a fellow Tory.

Well...ho..ho....hold on there Chet..

Things just got interesting.

This will sway some of the leavers - because king stoopid has said it's a Dumbass thing to do, IT MUST MEAN ITS TRUE.

So if king Dumbass thinks it's stoopid, WTAF does make any of the REAL dumbasses who voted for this shit in the first place?

Ho ho ho ho ho ho.

This is brilliant. 

I'm gonna slow clap Trump. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's too big a job

As they are ripping each other apart,  all jobs and tasks within Government are all going to be difficult to achieve for them now.  Grudges & egos everywhere with the thought of themselves front and centre as always.

If only they could see what they look like from the outside.  

21 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

As they are ripping each other apart,  all jobs and tasks within Government are all going to be difficult to achieve for them now.  Grudges & egos everywhere with the thought of themselves front and centre as always.

If only they could see what they look like from the outside.  

This isnt a dig at the Labour party but it would be the same if they were in charge or the 'lib dems.  It's such a big job it was never going to be a 2 year plan and we be good. It's a shambles and its going to get worse before it gets better.

Sad state of affairs and we are the ones that will suffer.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hate to say it..

But i told you so. It's too big a job for any government to sort out. I don't know why people are upset we all knew it was going to be carnage and chaos.

No it isn't too big, it's pure admin work.

But that involves some good admin and some honest work. That's where the problem is, we've voted for political celebrities and non entities. We built the NHS, we joined the EEC, we have fought wars and organised state education. We are capable of the big stuff. But it needs honest hardworking politicians who are in it for the people.

Not just lying to people to get a go at being PM. That goes for both main parties.

Perfectly possible to take a neutral position and set out the pros and cons in advance, then set a decent question, then act on the decision of the voters and keep them informed that its all turning out as expected, or not. Whilst not setting pointless cut off dates to gain short term personal survival or endorsement by newspapers.

Cameron was lazy and aloof, he then put his party's need to stay in power at any cost ahead of what was good for the country. History should judge than man very harshly.

This is the result, his legacy, this shit show circus where we get to see rats eat each other as we edge towards economic chaos.

It really didn't have to be like this. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

No it isn't too big, it's pure admin work.

But that involves some good admin and some honest work. That's where the problem is, we've voted for political celebrities and non entities. We built the NHS, we joined the EEC, we have fought wars and organised state education. We are capable of the big stuff. But it needs honest hardworking politicians who are in it for the people.

Not just lying to people to get a go at being PM. That goes for both main parties.

Perfectly possible to take a neutral position and set out the pros and cons in advance, then set a decent question, then act on the decision of the voters and keep them informed that its all turning out as expected, or not. Whilst not setting pointless cut off dates to gain short term personal survival or endorsement by newspapers.

Cameron was lazy and aloof, he then put his party's need to stay in power at any cost ahead of what was good for the country. History should judge than man very harshly.

This is the result, his legacy, this shit show circus where we get to see rats eat each other as we edge towards economic chaos.

It really didn't have to be like this. 

It's more than just admin work mate

Â