The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Seen it suggested he's being tapped up for Foreign Sec, which if true would be even more appalling than the previous incumbent. 

This government can't fall fast enough. 

Really? That would be a criminally disgraceful appointment. Not even May could do that, could she?

Just now, snowychap said:

Really? That would be a criminally disgraceful appointment. Not even May could do that, could she?

Would you like your tongue removing from your cheek?

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

Tory unCivil War approacheth

How does May survive this?

She wont. And as much as we are enjoying this moment. I think we all know who their next leader is going to be.

Some will say they don't have a plan

A more cynical observer might suggest this was the plan all along.

She's a patsy. And getting a few government contracts for her husband's businesses was/is the price. I will add the word allegedly too just in case it matters at all to VT.

Just now, snowychap said:

:)

I was being somewhat genuine. I mean everyone's got to have a floor to their incompetence, surely?

You disappoint me with your faith in May's competence 

• Haha 1

Just now, bickster said:

Not as popular as he seems to think he is

No. But he could've easily had May's job. And probably Cameron's too. Why didn't he take it? Ultimately (and lets hope) the moment has passed him by. But they need a quick-wit and an orator to stand against Corbyn. May's never going to cut the mustard and Ress-Mogg? Don't make me laugh. He wanted someone to take the fall for Brexit imo. Found them in Cameron + May and now we need a saviour - you know, like Trump n that :(

Boris is the walking talking personification of the Tory party to me.

I'm no political analyst and I'm more likely to be wrong than right about most things but that's always been my take on it.

7 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:
  Hide contents

200w.gif

If it's anyone else I'll be absolutely stunned.

If he gets to the final two, then no doubt. But that will need a sizeable minority of Conservative MPs to back him. And a lot of Conservative MPs absolutely hate Boris.

The decision that will be put to the members will probably be something like Hunt vs Javid. Or Williamson vs Hammond.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

If he gets to the final two, then no doubt. But that will need a sizeable minority of Conservative MPs to back him. And a lot of Conservative MPs absolutely hate Boris.

The decision that will be put to the members will probably be something like Hunt vs Javid. Or Williamson vs Hammond.

The thing is really the whipping if May does indeed go. In a world of reasonable politicians making sensible choices we don't end up with May really do we?

Boris has been around the block. How well do the others play Realpolitik?

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I **** love pasties.

Me too, Oggy's no less (I once lived near where you went on holidays!)

Weirdly, MrsVM has an absolute brain fart with the word pasties. Always has and seemingly always will. She likes them too, but always asks for a paste - y. Weird.

Anyway :offtopic:n that so I should probably add something about Eurocratic nonsense/Great British Pasties for Great British Workers et al or in fairness something about protecting our European rights as European pasty eaters to eat any sort of pastry related produce as long as it's not culturally appropriatory yadda yadda yadda

All I really want to say is that I eat a Ginsters pasty once. It was like goat vomit wrapped in heartburn.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

...All I really want to say is that I eat a Ginsters pasty once. It was like goat vomit wrapped in heartburn.

I used to live in Cornwall, and we'd get Ginsters seconds pasties delivered to our tea bar every day. They were fresh from the bakery, but all the rejects that couldn't go to shops and they were OK and good value.

The best pasties were from Barnecutts. The cheese and onion ones, only available on Tuesdays and Friday were just awesome.

These days you can get them on the internets from http://www.barnecutt.co.uk/pasties-by-post/

Happy days.

Er, Yurp protected designation, Tories mess everything up, 'kin shambles.

Â