Are you renewing for 16/17 Season

Demitri_C

Are you Renewing Next season?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Are you Renewing Next Season Yes or No?

• Yes: I will always be Villa till I die
    • No way: after the shameful running of the club

I think the schedule of games will no doubt effect a lot of fans decisions, especially those fans not from brum whom have to travel long distances to games. 

Definitely renewing.  Think of all the extra games in the Championship that I will be able to boycott in protest.  Bet they don't see that tactic coming. And they think I'm the sucker for renewing.  hehehehehehe.

In all seriousness yes I will be renewing.  I didn't stop going to the movies because of Adam Sandler I'm not stopping going to the Villa because of RL.

Yes I am aware that the comparison of Sandler and RL doesn't work in context at all let alone comparing the Villa with going to the movies.

I just have a very empty and shallow life so I really don't have anything better to do with my time and money.  Its the Villa or back to smearing the names of the people who have crossed me in feces on my living room wall again. 

It is a choice I have seriously considered.

But yes I will definitely be renewing.  I will also be looking for something more productive that posting drivel to take up my lunch break.

Just to be clear the drivel is the bit about the feces, not the bit about renewing.  I understand under current circumstances it can be hard to tell.

• Like 1

I was 1 of 8 season ticket holders who stopped going 2 years ago.  Some of us are tempted to get one again if we go down.  Depends how they price it really. Will defo be going to more away games though!!

18 minutes ago, Straggler said:

In all seriousness yes I will be renewing.  I didn't stop going to the movies because of Adam Sandler I'm not stopping going to the Villa because of RL.

What if Adam Sandler starred in every single movie released?

Yes - don't want to lose my seat for when we are taken over by multi Billionaire and compete with Man C, Man U, Arsenal, etc - need to be in my seat before some glory hunting supporter nicks it    (Oh well I can dream ) :wacko:

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Why are you considering getting one next season just out of curosity pilchard? 

Your other point is completely understandable

Honestly - I don't know. I think its perhaps I hope we bounce back and a winning Villa is good to watch.

That is a very big hope though. I guess I'll be interested to see how the start of the summer goes. 

Honestly - I don't know. I think its perhaps I hope we bounce back and a winning Villa is good to watch.

That is a very big hope though. I guess I'll be interested to see how the start of the summer goes. 

I'm a bit like this as well, haven't had a season ticket for a few years as I now live 150 miles away and it costs too much to get there and back (and I'm on my own, so I miss out on a lot of the "fun" and rely on the football to entertain me) but I'm really considering getting a ticket next season.

I mean, I know the chances are still pretty low, but assuming we're down its probably the best chance we'll ever have to actually win something with any position from 1-6 potentially going up as well as the usual cups to play for. It'd be fun to be going into the final games of a season thinking "what do we need to get promoted", or "how many wins gets us in the playoffs" as opposed to, "who is going to be shitter than us and go down instead". It could all go pear shaped and we're equally crap down there but we've got a far better chance of having a good season and winning some games in the Championship than the Premiership, just hope we're not down for too long!

• Like 1

Can't make mid week games so I don't think it will be worth my while.  I'd imagine I'll struggle with a lot of away games without one though.

I'm in exactly the same boat, a mixture of can't and not prepared to suffer the ball ache of mid week games but I can see our ticket office being utter rocket polishers with allocations almost punishing those who don't get STs, I've got a lot of away grounds to tick off next year

2 hours ago, Hev said:

Yes - don't want to lose my seat for when we are taken over by multi Billionaire and compete with Man C, Man U, Arsenal, etc - need to be in my seat before some glory hunting supporter nicks it    (Oh well I can dream ) :wacko:

You do realise that UEFA have now made that illegal. FFP regulations mean that it is now impossible for anyone not already in that elite club to join. Id bet that is part of the reason why the club hasnt been bought out. Whats the point buying a club that needs major investment knowing that its not allowed to spend big.

Quite how that is "fair play" is a complete farce but never mind.

Anyway back OT, I will consider a season ticket, mainly for away games, but only of Randy is gone. 

Edited by One For The Road

6 hours ago, pooligan said:

I will still go to watch some games but will pick and choose and probably only go to the Saturday games.No way will i be having a season ticket if the present owner is still in place

That will probably be about 5 games next year. We will be a Tuesday,Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Monday TV team.

Will not buy a ST, worked too may weekends/odd hours to make it worthwhile for years now but will probably go to a few more games than i have done for the past few seasons

Edited by LakotaDakota

i might actually buy my first season ticket next season seeing as the price will be cheaper and the first team will most likely be full of youths and players wanting to get back into the premiership.

this window will be a clear out of all the over paid pre madonnas that dont care about this club (hopefully)

I don't know at this stage. I don't want to give up my seats. How many will be midweek and Friday games? It is tough now making the journey on Saturdays and Sundays never mind Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

But ultimately I fear that the club have no intention of investing to get us back up.