Are you renewing for 16/17 Season

Demitri_C

Are you Renewing Next season?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Are you Renewing Next Season Yes or No?

• Yes: I will always be Villa till I die
    • No way: after the shameful running of the club

I travel up with a few other guys from Cardiff/Valleys area and we've all said we're renewing. I think only a price rise would make me think twice about it, simply because it'll eat into my annual leave with the extra midweek games so I don't want to get stung on two fronts.

Edited by rjenkins

7 hours ago, KHV said:

extra games though?

Exactly, so it should go down even more. Having to watch us is painful.

I was done under Lambert's last season, renewed when Sherwood took over and I like Remi Garde but it's just too much of a chore to go down now.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Exactly, so it should go down even more. Having to watch us is painful.

I was done under Lambert's last season, renewed when Sherwood took over and I like Remi Garde but it's just too much of a chore to go down now.

I finished after Houllier, I waited to see who the new manager would be and when it was McLeish I quit. Went to the odd game but after Lamberts second season I gave up entirely.

• Like 1

I finished after Houllier, I waited to see who the new manager would be and when it was McLeish I quit. Went to the odd game but after Lamberts second season I gave up entirely.

I kept my 2 season tickets until the end of Lambert's second season but I could see no improvement and foresaw years of rubbish to come so I chucked them. I am saving myself over £1000 per year and after a while the urge to go faded. I now have better things to do with my life and I don't have to sit in the cold for nearly 2 hours every other week and trudge home thoroughly depressed.

I would recommend it to anyone that wants to keep their sanity. There is a life beyond football.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

I kept my 2 season tickets until the end of Lambert's second season but I could see no improvement and foresaw years of rubbish to come so I chucked them. I am saving myself over £1000 per year and after a while the urge to go faded. I now have better things to do with my life and I don't have to sit in the cold for nearly 2 hours every other week and trudge home thoroughly depressed.

I would recommend it to anyone that wants to keep their sanity. There is a life beyond football.

I don't know how you managed to sit through McLeish and Lambert, I went to a few games under McLeish and Lambert but couldn't handle it.

I just dont see why many people would want to continue spending money when lerner and hollis refuse to back managers with new players. Your just going to go home every week depressed thats why I stopped going. This season I have not been to one game because of fed up of Lerner taking us for a ride

• Like 1

After this season, which is already paid for, Randy Lerner won't get getting a single penny more from me, no. At least not for entertainment purposes. The ONLY time I will turn up to VP will be for protest, and I will do that every time the opportunity arises.

• Like 1

Having had a season ticket for the last 9 years I am now done I think for the time being and will pick and choose my home/away games next season.   It will be absolutely gut wrenching to give up my seat though! My decision is partly down to finances but not giving anymore of my hard earned money to people who I believe are not providing value is a reasonable way to act as well.  Supporting the club is a lifelong even generational thing for people and I can still support the team from home like my dad does.   I can't wait though to take my four year old son eventually but I would at least like him to be entertained a bit. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

Not a **** chance.

After hardly missing a game since 1975 and having a season ticket since 1990, Lambert bored me out of Villa Park with his shit football, shit players and ridiculous tactics.

In hindsight he did me a favour as I now enjoy weekends and although I've watched Villa on the Firestick and they've been beyond shit, at least I haven't paid for the privilege.

When we go down I might attend a few games that are on Saturdays at 3.00pm. So not **** many.

• Like 1

I stopped going in 2010, the year after we got to a Wembley Final.  Partly because I needed a bit of extra cash for the deposit on a house, but more so because I could see what was happening.  I don't claim to be mystic Meg or anything, but I knew after that year, things would change.  Not to the extent it has changed, but something made me say "not this year".

I see football as entertainment and if I'm not entertained, I won't go.

I'd be back the second we got bought out and someone said "things are going to change", which some people won't like, but oh well.  I don't see value for money in watching my team win 2 or 3 times a season at home, it's just a good way of getting annoyed. Saying that, I can say I've seen Ronaldo, Ibra, Scholes, Giggs and loads of other "legends" - so that's good.

• Like 1