Play the kids

Richard

18 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

What exactly were the starting eleven of each side? I'm all for showing up the underachieving, overpaid shitbags of a first team squad we have, but is this just another massive over reaction to a training game, with mixed sides, and being used as yet another stick to beat us with? 

A team made of our senior players gets beat 3 - 0 by our kids, and anything said about that can possibly described as a massive be an over reaction?  This is exactly where it's all going wrong...

39 minutes ago, Neil said:

A team made of our senior players gets beat 3 - 0 by our kids, and anything said about that can possibly described as a massive be an over reaction?  This is exactly where it's all going wrong...

Yeah, it's my fault. Soz.

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

OK mate, you win. Back to Off Topic I go. 

lol, jesus chill out.

Getting beat by our own kids is nothing short of embarrassing, and the whole world is rightly laughing at us.  There's no over reaction in accepting it for what it is, our senior players getting stuffed 3 goals to nothing by our youth team.

lol, jesus chill out.

Getting beat by our own kids is nothing short of embarrassing, and the whole world is rightly laughing at us.  There's no over reaction in accepting it for what it is, our senior players getting stuffed 3 goals to nothing by our youth team.

Surely with Gabby, Kozak, Gestede, Bunn, Richards, Okore, Lescott and Cissokho not playing any part, a "1st team" that includes about 7 players not in the first team and the "youth team" having at least 2 first teamers in it it's about as far from a "first team beaten by youth team" situation, it's more of a "team with Ayew in it beats team with Richardson in it", which is hardly a big surprise

• Like 1

Everyone was gonna rip into Van Butthead tonight after an apparent loss will happen!!! but Marcus Rashford is his version of Fergies - Mark Robins (remember him? both Robins and Rashford youth team strikers that could save their jobs with Fergie in 1991 safe when Robins scored again Forest) rest is history for Fergie!!

We should do the same!!! one of our kids could be our hope (fingers crossed) :D

Edited by Villan4Life

Never the whole team, although it is tempting for all the wrong reasons. However I do want to see some of our academy players be given a chance to play for the remainder of the season. Mainly because it could potentially help us have a slim fighting chance of survival if someone like Lyden (he's a Jordan after all) proves to be a great boost in the midfield for example. Also because I think we'll be banking on some of these players next season if we go down, so it would do them a world of good getting more senior games.

14 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

No not at the moment. It could ruin them. Once we are down we should play a few in the last 4/5 games and have a side that might be a starting point for next season. But chucking in the youth team at present would only shatter confidence.

This weird cotton wool theory... why? Sink of swim if they are good enough they are good enough, otherwise we end up with players like Gardner and Robinson who we should really know by know if they are good enough, but we don't because we've titted around so long with them.

Bare in mind some of the players being spoken about getting a chance are 20 or older. I agree that 16/17/18 is maybe too young, but above 18 then a place on the bench or a cameo won't ruin them for life.

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

This weird cotton wool theory... why? Sink of swim if they are good enough they are good enough, otherwise we end up with players like Gardner and Robinson who we should really know by know if they are good enough, but we don't because we've titted around so long with them.

Bare in mind some of the players being spoken about getting a chance are 20 or older. I agree that 16/17/18 is maybe too young, but above 18 then a place on the bench or a cameo won't ruin them for life.

This is not about throwing the dice to possibly bring through youth players. It is all about having a go with the team that stands the best chance of getting something in the games while we still have a glimmer of hope.

When all hope is gone it may be different, but if you check out the press conference, he was indicating that he was not impressed by any of the youth players in the recent practice match.

Â