Play the kids

Richard

4 minutes ago, nobler said:

It's fairly positive news if anything, for the future. Clutching at straws a bit here. 

Not really. Beating Aston Villa is hardly a noteworthy accomplishment these days, regardless of who you are. Aston Villa Janitor's Club would beat that team 3-0.

I know Ayew and Bacuna played for the U21's, and some of those players in the "1st team" aren't regulars this season but 3-0 is not even a close score, very embarrassing for the senior players and should speed their exit from our club. It would be interesting to see the full line ups and scorers.

What exactly were the starting eleven of each side? I'm all for showing up the underachieving, overpaid shitbags of a first team squad we have, but is this just another massive over reaction to a training game, with mixed sides, and being used as yet another stick to beat us with? 

• Like 2

Currently being made fun of for losing against the kids on the starting page on the biggest paper in Sweden, Aftonbladet.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/internationell/england/article22311512.ab

Pinsamma förlusten bakom lyckta dörrar

Briljant (?) idé – slutade i nytt praktfiasko

Translation:

Embarrassing loss behind closed doors

Brilliant (?) idea - ended in another massive fiasco

40 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

What exactly were the starting eleven of each side? I'm all for showing up the underachieving, overpaid shitbags of a first team squad we have, but is this just another massive over reaction to a training game, with mixed sides, and being used as yet another stick to beat us with? 

4 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

anybody know what the full line ups were for both 11s?

Not yet, according to the Swedish paper  Brad Guzan, Alan Hutton, Ciaran Clark, Kieran Richardson, Ashley Westwood, Jordan Veretout, Idrissa Gueye och Scott Sinclair all played for the "a-team" the usual back 5 Mark Bunn, Micah Richards, Jores Okore, Joleon Lescott and Aly Cissokho were all rested while Bacuna and Ayew player for the kids.

Libor Kozak, Gabby Agbonlahor and Rudy Gestede took no part in the game

More nonsense for us to overreact about, a training match ffs.:rolleyes:

Speak for yourself... none of the firsts vs reserves games I was ever involved in at my old club ever ended 0-3 to the reserves, that's for sure

Â