Play the kids

Richard

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Man City playing the kids today at Stamford Bridge and they are thriving in the situation so far, can see no reason why we shouldnt play them instead of our current clowns

They've probably spent the same amount of money on those players as we have on our senior team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Man City playing the kids today at Stamford Bridge and they are thriving in the situation so far, can see no reason why we shouldnt play them instead of our current clowns

Because their kids train with Aguero, Kompany (sometimes), Hart etc. with many bought because they're potential world stars.
A few true academy graduates but their youth team is very different than ours....similarly though they're getting ripped apart like our would.....

We just need one or two getting minutes every game, it'll help instil a hunger to improve.

6 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

They've probably spent the same amount of money on those players as we have on our senior team.

true but they are doing what I would expect from young players, enthusiasm, fight and heart. Like black and white compared to what our 1st team did a week ago

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

How did that work out for them in the end?

Our forward line is useless and not one single midfield player we have can score goals, I do think we should hand a few starts to our young attackers who have a decent rep.

Rather we find out what they can do now, instead of having players like Robinson, Kinsella, Enda Stevens, Donacien and Gardener still on the wage roll for years out on loan proving little, half or more of which clearly won't make it. Plus Baker who we already know is crap or players like Johnson who we let go before we ever found out if they had a role to play.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

well it was the most experienced player in the squad that cost them the game

ha ha ha! Yes there were some poor individual errors but their youth filled midfield was swept aside so the experienced defence were swamped all the time.

the city youth train alongside some of the best players in the league and are cherry picked from across Europe and the rest of the world but were still way short of premier league ability as a group.

imagine how our youth would do if all thrown in together with a handful of first teamers.... Annihilation.

13 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

ha ha ha! Yes there were some poor individual errors but their youth filled midfield was swept aside so the experienced defence were swamped all the time.

the city youth train alongside some of the best players in the league and are cherry picked from across Europe and the rest of the world but were still way short of premier league ability as a group.

imagine how our youth would do if all thrown in together with a handful of first teamers.... Annihilation.

so it wouldnt be any different than the 1st team we currently have

• Like 1

Getting trollied every week wouldn't improve anything would it. Christ I can't emphasise enough how stupid an idea this is.

Villa Park would turn into a large cyanide capsule it would be so poisonous. Do you think people are going to want to sit there and watch us get beat 0-5 every week after buying their ticket and still support all the kids? No they are not. They're going to kick-off even more and young careers are going to get derailed when they weren't even meant to have begun yet.

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I'm afraid they were in the starting lineup.

Yeah - I meant they haven't been in Remi's recent starting line-ups for proper matches.  I guess/hope he was giving them a final look before showing them the door.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nobler said:

It's fairly positive news if anything, for the future. Clutching at straws a bit here. 

I'd say before the game the u-21's were hoping they could get more than the 6 liverpool got against that rabble. 3-0 was only par for the course.

• Like 1

Â