Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

19 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

That really boils the blood.  At flashpoints like that it would be so satisfying to see him launched down the stairs face first, but you know it'd do more harm than good if it actually happened.

Not a fan of the original OTD74 protest because I couldn't truly identify with nor understand the goals but what I saw yesterday with the banners was absolutely 100% out of order and painful to watch. The response to have a banners out on 74 is totally spot on and I'm trying all I can to get over just to join in with that one!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Not a fan of the original OTD74 protest because I couldn't truly identify with nor understand the goals but what I saw yesterday with the banners was absolutely 100% out of order and painful to watch. The response to have a banners out on 74 is totally spot on and I'm trying all I can to get over just to join in with that one!!!

Would love to have you mate. We are probably going to need hands again so if you want to really make it worth your while we would love that too. 

VTID

Good decisions guys, good to know you learned from your mistakes (who hasn't made a mistake?) and you're going in firmer against these complete and utter cretins.

You have my support.

• Like 2

Cue Randy Lerner props sitting in the crowd setting of flares and fighting stewards, with racist abuse and coin throwing, resulting in us playing the rest of our home games behind closed doors 

Just a random idea, what about a T-shirt protest?  Encourage everybody to wear an old white t shirt, with an anti-Lerner slogan drawn on the front, in big, black letters.  These can then be taken off and held aloft during the game, and put back on if and when the clearing in the woods stewards come a calling.  Stewards surely have no right to confiscate people's clothing?

What about a theme like FRANKIE SAYS "LERNER OUT"

FRANKIE SAYS "CONFISCATE THIS"

FRANKIE SAYS "RIP AVFC 1874-2016"

Or forget the Frankie says bit if you think that's a bit shit.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Risso said:

Stewards surely have no right to confiscate people's clothing?

Sure they can. Well they just kick you out 

Edited by YLN

3 minutes ago, Risso said:

Just a random idea, what about a T-shirt protest?  Encourage everybody to wear an old white t shirt, with an anti-Lerner slogan drawn on the front, in big, black letters.  These can then be taken off and held aloft during the game, and put back on if and when the clearing in the woods stewards come a calling.  Stewards surely have no right to confiscate people's clothing?

What about a theme like FRANKIE SAYS "LERNER OUT"

FRANKIE SAYS "CONFISCATE THIS"

FRANKIE SAYS "RIP AVFC 1874-2016"

Or forget the Frankie says bit if you think that's a bit shit.

We have already muted something like this mate as it is something that can't be confiscated like you say. Thanks for the input.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We learned our lesson Ingram, the hard way. Respect at this club has clearly been a one way thing for far too long. I know one of the lads who was involved in the banner struggle through the protest movement. Everyone suffered yesterday no one less than those guys, our fellow supporters, this CANNOT go on. It's that simple. 

Thanks for your support bud. 

Don't stop, don't pause, don't hesitate.

You can't show compassion or remorse. This does not stop until it has reach it's conclusion.

We are going to ride this one out until the end.

...but seriously, people need to make a serious stand now. This is totally and utterly unacceptable.

First they came for those who confronted them , and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a confrontationalist

Then they came for the Banner Brigade, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Banner Holder

Then they came for the chanters, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a chanter,

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Seriously, **** these mother****ers. This is OUR **** CLUB.

*Not legally but in principle.

Edited by rodders0223

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Don't stop, don't pause, don't hesitate.

You can't show compassion or remorse. This does not stop until it has reach it's conclusion.

We are going to ride this one out until the end.

...but seriously, people need to make a serious stand now. This is totally and utterly unacceptable.

I took you seriously all the way through! No more. We are done with playing fair. 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-fans-group-launch-11039204

The Aston Villa fans group behind the 'Out the Door on '74' walkout have issued a statement calling for 'firmer action' after regretting their decision to cancel their protest yesterday.

Fans, who staged a 74th minute walkout in the Villa Park defeat to Everton, chose not to demonstrate during the loss to Tottenham, in response to club legend Brian Little's return to the club as an advisor to the board.

The group always intended to stage a walkout in the next home match against Chelsea a week on Saturday, but now they are urging fans to bring banners to the game.

It follows angry scenes in the North Stand yesterday when a steward wrestled with fans who were displaying an anti-board banner.

:snip:

Also, Marky Mark is on Radio WM at 5.30pm if you guys fancy a listen. We will of course post it up again when available too, but he's much sexier live. 

• Like 2

Â