Keinan Davis

a-k

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

It was poor defending, but someone had to have the initiative to exploit it.....Keinan did.

and its this initiative that impresses me.....one goal or not.

we should do more of it.

Yes you are right.

West Brom were crazy poor defending and I do not think Keinan would of been afforded that space against most of the other teams in the league.

On 26/04/2021 at 22:31, vreitti said:

Could it be that Smith is unwilling to start Davis, because he doesn't want to put too much pressure on him? He had an extended run before in the championship, that might have had a detrimental effect on his confidence. 

It could also be that Davis just isn't exactly ideal for the way Smith wants us to play. Which in fairness seems like the more likely alternative. Anyways, I hope Davis gets a little more minutes now. 

He is 23 years old.

This season he has been given 157 minutes of PL football. That isn't right.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Really hope he starts every game now until the end of the season.

One thing I dislike in managers is stubbornness and inflexibility.

If a player, shows me fortitude, aggression, determination and a willingness to chase down balls, like he did.....I find that very difficult to ignore.

I like the fancy footwork, like the next man and Traore has that, but when they dine out on a slick move for most of the game, it fills me with nothing but frustration.

I am not easily won over by the odd, work of art.....I like to see a sustained effort for the duration of the game, or as close to it as possible...despite Man city's awesome talent, their workrate is phenomenal, that is sometimes overlooked....I mention them as a best case example of Talent allied to workrate.

I think too much is made of the odd flirtation of guile and then anonymity to follow.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He is 23 years old.

This season he has been given 157 minutes of PL football. That isn't right.

Its tricky, managers have a job to keep and they have to trust their players.....My way of thinking tells me we could do with his physical presence right now, with Jacks ball retention absent....He too can hold the ball up, no one is disputing Ollies goal prowess is superior, but I think they need each other.....I say play one winger and an extra striker.

I see his flaws....but I also see his redeeming features....His injury record, may make him a late starter.

He definately needs more game time, not sure of starts, he has to prove his worth on a more sustained basis.....but the words I hear, is his peers at BMH love him and say he is much better than we all think.....that has to be proved of course, but the only way to prove that is game time.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Yes you are right.

West Brom were crazy poor defending and I do not think Keinan would of been afforded that space against most of the other teams in the league.

You cannot deny Keinan has a great knack of getting into goal scoring positions though. And like it or not that is a poacher trait.

That being said if Keinan could actually finish he would not play at Aston Villa.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

You cannot deny Keinan has a great knack of getting into goal scoring positions though. And like it or not that is a poacher trait.

That being said if Keinan could actually finish he would not play at Aston Villa.

If Keinan could finish, he would be in our first team.

I see a crocus poking its head through the grass, but that goal, says to me, we may see a flower emerge......One goal doesn't mean much but the application that lead up to it, gives me hope.

• Like 1

In Ashley Preece latest interview, he said the Manager and players like Keinan alot and rate him VERY highly.

He's a "baller" and almost impossible to play against they say.

Also said he has alot more to offer than most people think, via skill, speed etc. ( I've personally seen flashes of this in some of his cameos, sadly, people are usually more intent on scrutinising a mistouch, or chance missed, 30 seconds after he has come on cold )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

but that goal, says to me, we may see a flower emerge......One goal doesn't mean much but the application that lead up to it, gives me hope.

I was listening to Darren Bent speaking earlier on strikers. Said it is incredible difficult to get into any sort of rhytm  and sharpness when you aren't playing regular football.

And to be fair on Keinan he has never been afforded that trust under Smith.

If we get rid of him in the summer i have a bad feeling it may come back to haunt us.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In Ashley Preece latest interview, he said the Manager and players like Keinan alot and rate him VERY highly.

He's a "baller" and almost impossible to play against they say.

Also said he has alot more to offer than most people think, via skill, speed etc.

I think, thats where I picked it up from JV.

Look, everyone is entitled to their opinion......I just happen to agree with them,( at the training ground) I see something too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'm not sure what madness you've spoken there but he would without a doubt play for Villa. It's abit crazy to even make a statement like that when he's a Villa player and we are not a selling club of our finest players any longer. If Davis could finish he would without a doubt be troubling the back of Watkins. Davis would also now be fighting with Wesley and Watkins and given his recent first goal it will give Smith some options and ideas no doubt. If Wes can get a goal or couple before season out and Davis pops in some more, that will have solved our striker issues.

maybe that's that solved for the summer and we do not need to spend there. If any of them drop the ball or get injured at anytime we also have Barry who can come on in. Simply put we have options again in our striker department and we shouldn't sell or buy there in the summer. It makes it a little bit more clearer where to spend the Summers money for me. Buying more Wingers and Wingers who can delivery, cross and be precise is a priority for me. Then we also need midfielders. One thing I would really do is go in a selling spree unless its players whos time is naturally coming to an end because it's time they moved on.

I do not know why people seem to think if a player improves under us he's automatically going to be bought by another club.

We sell our worst players and keep our best that's what the whole chain of command want to do at this club and I've not seen any reason yet that it wouldn't be that way.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Love to see him start today on the right instead of Traore. Need to build on the confidence of his goal and get him bullying that Everton defence - if nothing else he’ll create space for Ollie. 

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Love to see him start today on the right instead of Traore. Need to build on the confidence of his goal and get him bullying that Everton defence - if nothing else he’ll create space for Ollie. 

Not going to start on the right. 

I'd be handing in a transfer request. Is getting treated like crap. He won't play unless we're losing, no matter what he does meanwhile others that are playing poorly walk into the side

• Like 3

Just now, tomav84 said:

I'd be handing in a transfer request. Is getting treated like crap. He won't play unless we're losing, no matter what he does meanwhile others that are playing poorly walk into the side

Fair comment, quite disappointing really.

17 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

He's really not being treated like crap. And if he did hand in a transfer request he won't be playing Premier league football. 

• Thanks 1

Â