Keinan Davis

a-k

27 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Given our lack of wide options. (El Ghazi was decent today) we should give Davis a chance now and move Oli to the right. 

I think that would be absolutely the wrong thing to do.

We need to get Ollie and KD central, playing off each other and get a 10 in behind them in a diamond. KD is still not a 20 goal a season player, although he is off the mark!  He is the new Heskey and Ollie is Owen.  We just need to reconfigure the team - 3-5-2/4-1-2-1-2/3-4-1-2 - to allow the two to work together.  Rely on Cash and Targett for the deliveries!

He really should start next week.

No way should Traore or Barkley start so even if we bring in another CM like Ramsey we still have 3 attacking positions to fill which will be Ollie, AEG (who was decent first half) and 3rd has to be Davis surely?

Up to Dean with a week's training to get that combination working on the training pitch.

• Like 1

Happy he's got his goal and I like his physicality and hold up play but I fear he's not suited to our team and will never really get the chance to start.

Is he a player that can do the high press for 90 minutes like Ollie does? We have two 25m strikers available now, I'd like to see him get a run but he doesn't suit modern systems and certainly can't fit into the Smith system unless we shift Watkins out wide. I feel like he's most suited to Italian football.

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Happy he's got his goal and I like his physicality and hold up play but I fear he's not suited to our team and will never really get the chance to start.

Is he a player that can do the high press for 90 minutes like Ollie does? We have two 25m strikers available now, I'd like to see him get a run but he doesn't suit modern systems and certainly can't fit into the Smith system unless we shift Watkins out wide. I feel like he's most suited to Italian football.

Are you saying Wesley is suited to high press for 90 minutes?

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just as well, because sadly that's almost certainly all he'll be getting.

We surely can't start Traore after his showing tonight. He's been terrible last few weeks and I am a fan but some of the decisions he made in final third were bizarre.

I think Davis will start unless we just pack the team with central midfielders.

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Are you saying Wesley is suited to high press for 90 minutes?

No not really, but if we looking for a different style of play or to change the game up then I assume we are going to go to the guy we paid 25 million for.

Just now, VillaChris said:

We surely can't start Traore after his showing tonight. He's been terrible last few weeks and I am a fan but some of the decisions he made in final third were bizarre.

I think Davis will start unless we just pack the team with central midfielders.

I hope you're right.

It just seems sensible to me, that with 5 or 6 games left and nothing much to play for, that we should be trying to see who can make a case for themselves. Davis, to me, is a player who has played pretty well in the limited minutes he's had since January. If I were the manager, I would want to know whether he's got anything more to him than just being an annoyance against tired legs.

But I doubt he'll start, and I expect Traore will.

On 19/08/2017 at 21:18, Paddywhack said:

I don't want to exaggerate, but I think he may be the best player on the planet. 

14 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I don’t want to exaggerate, but he’s the best striker on the planet.

Emotion Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

Â