Keinan Davis

a-k

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Which is really frustrating. We have been terrible at coming from behind this season yet Smith refuses to make a change 90% of the time.

Today it worked out (although the change I would have made is Davis for Barkley so it wouldn't have impacted the goal much) but you can look at many other games where we start resorting to pinging long balls instead of actually playing football (when we actually play passes we a re really dangerous which pisses me off because we rarely do it). I think keinan would be a solid option in those games especially when our wingers aren't getting a sniff or our midfield can't beat the press. 

I saw ash priest on a podcast saying how much the other players rate Davis….

He needs minutes so we can make a good judgement.

• Like 1

On 02/05/2021 at 03:49, paul514 said:

I saw ash priest on a podcast saying how much the other players rate Davis….

He needs minutes so we can make a good judgement.

Paul its Preece...Ash Preece.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I need an interpreter.

Its goals per 90 minutes, essentially the goal scoring rate of a player. Which is obviously high considering he's scored 1 goal in less than 2 games worth of minutes. Can't really take per 90 minutes stats that seriously for players who haven't played very much though, that average will likely go down over time as he gets more minutes. 

Since we're in the mood for statistical tables though, here's one for last season that I recently found.

image.thumb.png.85b2670db510dad7aaf4423547a77ba3.png

The highlighted column is for GCA90, or goal creation actions per 90 minutes. Basically, the stat looks at a goal scored and sees who is involved in the creation of that goal(ignoring the final shot). Stuff like  assists, dribbles, winning fouls and even winning the ball from the opposing player would count as a goal creation action provided the move ended up as a goal and happened late enough in the move. In layman's terms, it measures how involved the players are in creating goals. Think of it as a more fleshed out assist statistic.

As the column shows, Davis was involved in more goal creation actions per 90 minutes than pretty much anyone else in our team last season. Even higher than Jack Grealish did last season.

Its not just a weird quirk from last season. He's average for this stat is highest for this season too. Although as mentioned above, since he's barely played this season, we should expect the average to fall as he plays more minutes. Still, so far its way higher than anyone else's bar Grealish's.

image.thumb.png.5fe4d6161a6705494e7d73f903cb4687.png

All this is to say, when he gets on the pitch he creates chances and these chances do end up into goals. 

Should be noted that having such a high GCA90 stat is even more impressive considering he's a striker and the job of a shot creator or goal creator actually falls more to wingers and attacking midfielders.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess he'll be shipped out this summer, I just don't think Deano trusts him. Seems like we are going to keep Wesley over Keinan.

If he does leave I hope he has a wonderful career. Really needs a manager who believes in him and gives him game time.

11 hours ago, TRO said:

Paul its Preece...Ash Preece.

I wouldn't take any notice of that little clown.

He's a copy and paste merchant who was rehashing an interview by Jack Grealish about how much our players rate Keinan Davis.

8 hours ago, supermon said:

I guess he'll be shipped out this summer, I just don't think Deano trusts him. Seems like we are going to keep Wesley over Keinan.

If he does leave I hope he has a wonderful career. Really needs a manager who believes in him and gives him game time.

I second that - at the very least he needs to be loaned out if we do keep him. I think there is talent there, but he has never been given a sustained run in a settled team to prove it. If he goes I will not be upset, but I do wish him the best and want to see him do well (as long as it is not at a rival club or those inbreds down the road).

8 hours ago, supermon said:

Can’t agree. 

Deano gave him a new contract and clearly trusts him. gone are the days where we just hand out contracts for fun, there has to be something there that the management rate to give him a new deal. 

The issue is the system we play which he just doesn’t fit into at the moment and when we’re playing well dean is very reluctant to change things up. Hence why we only tend to see him when we’re chasing games.

He would need Ollie out of the side to get an extended run. That’s football. Look at Jesus at City. 

Not sure what more to say on Davis that I haven't already said 10 times over. 

But lets put it this way. If I were to have a Villa player on my shirt right now that wasn't Jack. It would be Davis. 

12 hours ago, supermon said:

If he does he'll go on loan first, as it stands I can't see us asking for a significant amount of money and the wages he's on can't be very high (by Premier league standards of course). 

If he goes to the championship and has a good season his value can increase significantly. 

That passage really summed Kienan up, clever run and he just bulldozes Lindelof out of the way (reminded me of that time Benteke just smashed Smalling up) but why oh why dosen't he shoot?! By then Wan Bissaka was already closing in on Ollie so it was a bit of a pointless pass.

Very frustrating, not convinced he'll start on Thursday either.

Â