Keinan Davis

a-k

Just now, mykeyb said:

On another day he could have had a hayrick.

A better player would have had a hat trick. He’s missed the target from 5 yards out as part of that cameo and that sums up why he’s ultimately never going to be the answer.

By all means give him a few starts for the rest of the season. He’s no worse than others who are getting more minutes. If he’s still part of the squad next season then I’d worry we’ve done something wrong in the transfer window.

Not many players would have got themselves into the shooting positions that he made for himself in the first place, never mind scored an hat-trick. He was sensational when he came on and deserves a run in the team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

What it does show is another striker can co-exist with Ollie.

We just need to find one DS actually trusts to put on after 60 minutes and start the odd game next season.

Dean must have an alarm clock in the dug out for Keinan.....The 10 minute footballer.

Needs to start coming on earlier.

He's a poor finisher, but every single time he comes on he's a handful and makes things happen. He created a big chance and had 3 big chances himself, one of which he scored.

In about 10 minutes.

• Like 3

Brilliant, come on Smith, time to give Davis a run to see what he can do, push Watkins out to the wing for a game or two or play two up top.

He looked dangerous from the moment he came on and was unlucky with the swivel and hit that came off the post.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

Not many players would have got themselves into the shooting positions that he made for himself in the first place, never mind scored an hat-trick. He was sensational when he came on and deserves a run in the team.

Thats what a bit of aggression does for you.

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Brilliant, come on Smith, time to give Davis a run to see what he can do, push Watkins out to the wing for a game or two or play two up top.

He looked dangerous from the moment he came on and was unlucky with the swivel and hit that came off the post.

I think when we say " Wing " it scares people. ( Even though Ollie has experience as a winger and often goes wide anyway )

I mean, even if we could do a relatively narrow 4 - 3 - 3 and call him a wide forward I think it could work.

Cash and Targett providing a bulk of the width and running.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Too many live in la la land, and think all we need to do to fix our problems is sign a bunch of flair players. We need players that will get stuck in and up the tempo.

I personally think we need this more than a striker, by far 

I echo TRO. 

Today was a prime example of what some aggression can give you. 

We don't have the right balance. The likes of Luiz, El Ghazi and Traore are all too samey. They have a soft underbelly. Both physically and mentally. 

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think when we say " Wing " it scares people. ( Even though Ollie has experience as a winger and often goes wide anyway )

I mean, even if we could do a relatively narrow 4 - 3 - 3 and call him a wide forward I think it could work.

Cash and Targett providing a bulk of the width and running.

Whoscored lists Davis as having played the attacking midfield role in both the Fulham game and West Brom game when he went on. He was playing behind Ollie and was essentially playing Barkley's role. I think the role suits him, he's good at making things happen which is what we want in a player like that in that role. I think we should continue trying Davis out in this role considering the success he's had in it so far before trying to push Watkins out wide.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

Â