Keinan Davis

a-k

Forest know he likes the club and he won't get game time here. They will have to carefully manage finances, I suspect they won't want to jump into a transfer.

Given he has an existing relationship with the squad, they can afford to let this run on later in the transfer window and see if villa will drop the price a bit more and maybe take another loan at the end of the window.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Forest know he likes the club and he won't get game time here. They will have to carefully manage finances, I suspect they won't want to jump into a transfer.

Given he has an existing relationship with the squad, they can afford to let this run on later in the transfer window and see if villa will drop the price a bit more and maybe take another loan at the end of the window.

They’ve already brought their version of Davis, they will be spending their other funds elsewhere to try and be competitive in the PL and not on two players the same.  At best he’d go back their on loan but I think the Forest route is dead now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Going to Australia with the rest of the squad.

We have no choice now that Forest seemed to have moved on.  

Shame that it also points that nothing close or interest in him.  

Poor kid will be sitting watching the Villa all season with the rest of us, hopefully he gets a loan later in the window.

Just now, nick76 said:

Poor kid will be sitting watching the Villa all season with the rest of us, hopefully he gets a loan later in the window.

I think it highly likely that another championship club will take him on loan. Showed more than enough last season to be useful for someone.  

• Like 4

Just now, ferguson1 said:

I think it highly likely that another championship club will take him on loan. Showed more than enough last season to be useful for someone.  

Yeah I hope so, the kid enjoyed a run in a team and being loved by those fans. I feel sorry that it looks like it won’t work out there because it worked.  Hopefully it will at another Championship club like you say.

• Like 1

I can still see him going to forest. Yes they signed another big strong forward but apart from Sam Surridge, who do they have upfront? Grabban is apparently going and two guys in their 30s that they loaned out last season as they weren't deemed good enough for the championship? They definitely need another striker and Davis is probably still on their list!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

I can still see him going to forest. Yes they signed another big strong forward but apart from Sam Surridge, who do they have upfront? Grabban is apparently going and two guys in their 30s that they loaned out last season as they weren't deemed good enough for the championship? They definitely need another striker and Davis is probably still on their list!

I assume they would like him as well but it’s about money.  They aren’t going to spend big money (for them) on another striker whose very similar to the one they’ve just brought for big money.  They need to spread their budget over several positions to try and stay up.

Edited by nick76

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

I assume they would like him as well but it’s about money.  They aren’t going to spend big money (for them) on another striker whose very similar to the one they’ve just brought for big money.  They need to spread their budget over several positions to try and stay up.

They could take him back on loan.

14 minutes ago, tinker said:

They could take him back on loan.

I think I agree with…

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd rather we kept him as an option than sent him back to them on loan. Pay up, or piss off.

I think it would be slightly taking the pee if instead of buying the lad, they brought a similar player and then wanted to loan him again….works for them but not us.

Loan him out elsewhere to a club that haven’t likely built his hopes up about finding a new home for the last six months and for us, is getting a decent fee for him.

I’m sure another club will want to loan him.

• Like 1

Why would Forest take him back if most of us think he's Championship standard? IMO he served his purpose to Forest but he's still a level below the PL. Therefore, they'd be better of spending money on players either potentially PL standard or veterans. I don't see how getting promoted with Forest from the Championship makes him good enough for them now they've moved up a level. 

• Like 2

On 10/07/2022 at 15:08, nick76 said:

"Poor kid"

Please mate. He's not poor and he ain't a kid, so quite wrong on two fronts.

He's a fully grown 24-year-old man who is only O.K. at football (on a good day) but still earns well over £2m a year for it.

Not good enough to play for Villa, too well paid to be a realistic transfer prospect for lesser clubs. Depressing.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He's a fully grown 24-year-old man who is only O.K. at football (on a good day) but still earns well over £2m a year for it.

Is he on £40k /week or more?

My complete guess would have been around £10-20k /week.

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Is he on £40k /week or more?

My complete guess would have been around £10-20k /week.

He got a new deal last season, probably on around 20/30k a week now

• Thanks 1

Spotrac says "Keinan Davis signed a 4 year / £9,360,000 contract with the Aston Villa F.C."

Whether it's that or less, he's overpaid, and that's part of the reason we'll not sell him easily. Meanwhile he offers us nothing. Bad business all around, and never performed well enough for us at any level for there to be any sentiment attached for me.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Â