Keinan Davis

a-k

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

I don't know what the debate is about, we need to sell him and stick a buy back into the deal. End of story.

We need to sell him and insert a 'sold as seen' clause into the deal for when Forest inevitably see what we already know.......he's a willing lad but never a Premier League striker while he has a hole in his proverbial.

• Like 1

I wish he was good enough, but he just isn’t. He’s a quality championship player and will do a job for a team looking at promotion, but not a PL player.

If Forrest have ambitions of staying in the PL I can’t see them wanting him on the books. Maybe another loan if he proves the doubters wrong then a buy clause at the end of the season, but that’s a stretch.

• Like 1

If your Forest or any team going up Davis would probably be one of my first signings. Good age. Untapped potential. £10m probably. Get it done and get it done fast.

He could be everything Toney was for Brentford this year. His skillset isn't going to change much in the PL. He's an absolutely menace whether it's league 2 or PL. If he stays fit he's a nausance to everyone.

Forest are ready to go up. They dont have the structure or the team building. If they stay up they need to play shithouse football.

He'd be the absolute first player I'd buy . There isn't anyone close to him you can just get done fast.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dillon66 said:

We need to sell him and insert a 'sold as seen' clause into the deal for when Forest inevitably see what we already know.......he's a willing lad but never a Premier League striker while he has a hole in his proverbial.

I don't think that's necessary. I don't think legally clubs can return players and seek refund if they don't perform as hoped.

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He creates such debate, for me, he is a fantastic player. If he does leave us permanently for Nottingham Forest or someone else, he will do well wherever he goes. He is at an age where he needs regular first team and an opportunity to showcase his talents. He has a very skill set, a great ability to hold up the ball, he’s so close to being a top Premier League striker but he just can’t do the hardest thing to do in football and that is to score goals regularly in the Premier League. This season for Nottingham Forest, he has scored 5 goals in 15 Championship matches and in all competitions, he has scored 5 goals in 21 matches for Forest, he will go on to have a great career

To be a prolific scorer, there are a number of things you have to be proficient at.....when you watch them carefully you can see it.

with respect, Keinan is not a "fantastic player" if he was he would be a permanent fixture.

Keinan is not as good as Ollie, and even Ollie has shortcomings to his game to be elite.

I am not entering the debate on Suarez, but that was what a fantastic player was, in terms of striker.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

To be a prolific scorer, there are a number of things you have to be proficient at.....when you watch them carefully you can see it.

with respect, Keinan is not a "fantastic player" if he was he would be a permanent fixture.

Keinan is not as good as Ollie, and even Ollie has shortcomings to his game to be elite.

I am not entering the debate on Suarez, but that was what a fantastic player was, in terms of striker.

Its the hunger you get with Suarez and Vardy aligned with good finishing. Davis has got neither. Hes a decent player but will never be a great one. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its the hunger you get with Suarez and Vardy aligned with good finishing. Davis has got neither. Hes a decent player but will never be a great one. 

They both have the "eye of the tiger".......Its just fitness, I am unsure about.

14 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think that's necessary. I don't think legally clubs can return players and seek refund if they don't perform as hoped.

Thanks for clarifying that......don't know what I'd have done without that insight into transfer dealings.

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

[insert Suarez hungry for ears as well as goals meme.gif]

Him moving to Forest just suits all parties really.

Villa get to move on a player that isn't at the level they're aspiring to get to for a relatively decent fee.

Forest get a player that the fans have taken to, fits their style of play (particularly if they can get another decent forward player in to replace the distinctly average Zinkernagel and join him and Brennan Johnson up front) and is more suited to being able to help a side whose aspirations don't extend further beyond just avoiding relegation for now.

Davis - injury permitting - gets the opportunity to get some first team minutes in the Premier League for a side that really value him and want to build around him.

Even purely on a human level I'd be happy for that move to happen. Really seems a good fit for all.

• Like 2

On 02/06/2022 at 03:50, QldVilla said:

I wish he was good enough, but he just isn’t. He’s a quality championship player and will do a job for a team looking at promotion, but not a PL player.

If Forrest have ambitions of staying in the PL I can’t see them wanting him on the books. Maybe another loan if he proves the doubters wrong then a buy clause at the end of the season, but that’s a stretch.

This sounds reasonable but remember, we have Leon Bailey in our squad.

From about 12 mins on with a Forest fan.

Haters may as well look away now because the bloke thinks he:

- Has brilliant feet, pace and strength.

- Has a brilliant finish on him.

- Is well worth 15 mill in this modern market.

Only thing he thinks he might need to work on, is knowing WHEN to be in the box.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From about 12 mins on with a Forest fan.

Haters may as well look away now because the bloke thinks he:

- Has brilliant feet, pace and strength.

- Has a brilliant finish on him.

- Is well worth 15 mill in this modern market.

Only thing he thinks he might need to work on, is knowing WHEN to be in the box.

Nah, he's crap mate! 🙄

• Haha 1

Â