Keinan Davis

a-k

Just now, DCJonah said:

Or potentially after a successful year helping forest stay up and proving he's a prem player he'd be worth even more money or worth keeping in our squad as we look to challenge for multiple cups and potentially Europe. 

Yes, there is that potential, so why would you not want to buy him for 10m/15m?

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Yes, there is that potential, so why would you not want to buy him for 10m/15m?

Because we already own him. It's a completely different scenario if he isn't a villa player.

27 minutes ago, useless said:

I think if there's a buy back clause it would have to be high to make the deal attractive to Forest, something like double what he'd cost Forest in the place so  if we were to activate it at least they would make a decent profit, and we would know that if Davis did so well that we wanted him back then we would be happy to pay the clause, because in that scenario it will have meant he will have become worth more than the buyback clause.

He might not improve to that extent but would be a good insure policy, Liverpool did similar when they sold Brewster.

If he became that good then why would he come back to us.  Even in a buy back agreement the player has to agree at the time.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Because we already own him. It's a completely different scenario if he isn't a villa player.

Its not different. We own him and if we can sell him for 10m/15m then we could have that money in the bank plus the added advantage of helping with FFP. Davis is an asset the club owns. The club can elect to keep that asset as the player or exchange that asset for cash. The club will decide which asset is better for the club. If the club believe that it would be better to keep the asset in the form of a player that is EXACTLY the same as electing to spend the same amount of money on the player. People saying they would refuse 15m for Davis are in effect saying they would spend 15m on Davis

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Or potentially after a successful year helping forest stay up and proving he's a prem player he'd be worth even more money or worth keeping in our squad as we look to challenge for multiple cups and potentially Europe. 

The odds are more likely that he'll get injured and won't fulfil his potential. If selling him for 15m allows us enough FFP allowable losses to get a new world class striker this season it's a no brainer.  The odds are not on him setting the world alight this season in the PL.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

Because we're at a much higher level than Forest?

But he’d probably have better options or other club options if he was that good and given his luck and opportunity at Villa why would he come back?  He looks like he’s had more fun at Forest in six months than he did for six years at Villa.  If he was playing that well other clubs would be interested and why would he come back here after that and we then sold him.

• Like 1

I'd thought a loan would be good, and then changed my mind.  I've always liked him, but he would have to improve immeasurably to command a starting position in a year's time. The owners aren't messing around and I can't see Davies leading our line in the future, so best all round to let him go for a good fee. 

Nottingham want him, they have new money, we don't have space for him and he appears to enjoy playing for them. Seems like a no brainer

Edited by Adman
Typo
  • Like 3

All things considered, selling him for 12 mill plus > loaning any day of the week. For all the reasons mentioned above. And I really like Davis and would be happy to see him succeed and realize his potential.

Besides FFP, those money could go a long way in financing a hell of an academy if we want to think along those lines.

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

People saying they would refuse 15m for Davis are in effect saying they would spend 15m on Davis

Interesting point. Psychologically this is called the ‘Endowment Effect’ where we overvalue things we own, especially if we think we risk looking foolish letting them go. I have been a proponent of keeping Davis (although I’d sell for 15m) but your wording here has made me think I 100% wouldn’t gamble even half that on him now if he was a Forest player.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The odds are more likely that he'll get injured and won't fulfil his potential. If selling him for 15m allows us enough FFP allowable losses to get a new world class striker this season it's a no brainer.  The odds are not on him setting the world alight this season in the PL.

True. I don't care either way. A loan just gives us a chance to really see him play regular prem football before we decide its pointless. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

All things considered, selling him for 12 mill plus > loaning any day of the week. For all the reasons mentioned above. And I really like Davis and would be happy to see him succeed and realize his potential.

Besides FFP, those money could go a long way in financing a hell of an academy if we want to think along those lines.

Also, we can't forget that we are a business and at some stage NSWE and CP want to see us as a revenue generator and not just an expense item. Realising anything near 10m for a player that probably has a book value of about 2m/3m would be a really positive step in the right direction. We need to be doing this type of thing year in year out. Someone mentioned the other day that Bannan, Robinson and Enda Stevens all left for free and forged decent Championship careers. We must stop this leakage of revenue from Villa's accounts and become much smarter in the transfer market and particularly at the disposal of players. I, and am sure many others, are sick of releasing players for free or paying them to leave. 

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo
  • Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

True. I don't care either way. A loan just gives us a chance to really see him play regular prem football before we decide its pointless. 

and if he doesn’t do anything then we don’t get the money we could get now!  If it’s £10-15m then it’s still a good chunk of money for at out of favour player.  We’d be delighted if we got that for each of our fringe players.  The chances of him being good enough for us at PL level are incredibly low.

35 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

As much as I like him, I don't see him as a Gerrard player, and I think he would be better to stop at Forest and become a legend.

He needs to play every week, injuries permitting , and he's not going to get the opportunities at Villa.

Agree 100%.

I really hope he goes there and has a fantastic first season in the Premier League.

A likeable guy who always gave his all for us.

Also riled up the Blues fans this season which gains him even more respect 

17 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Dont understand the love in for Davis, get him gone, any price will do. 

Yeah, maybe you should take a back seat in the negotiations!

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Interesting point. Psychologically this is called the ‘Endowment Effect’ where we overvalue things we own, especially if we think we risk looking foolish letting them go. I have been a proponent of keeping Davis (although I’d sell for 15m) but your wording here has made me think I 100% wouldn’t gamble even half that on him now if he was a Forest player.

I like Davis and I'm in the same boat as you, £15m would be a good price for us and Forest 

The bold is a crazy argument. Rather than think about us now and looking to get into Europe, think about us the year we first came up and needed to rebuild the squad to hopefully avoid relegation. We spent £25m on Mings with 1/2 a good season in the championship and a terrible injury record (including getting injured in the playoff final). We spent £12m on El Ghazi. We spent £15m on Trezeguet. £12m on Samatta. £25m on Wesley. If, when we came up, we had the current version of Keinan Davis on loan to us and was an integral part of the team as well as a fans favourite, would you spend £12-15m on him THEN? Because that's where Forest are, I think they'd be crazy not to 

All signings are gambles, but signings that are already important parts of your squad are less so. Forest have lots of loans and are in a not too dissimilar place to us when we came up, their first priority should be converting as many of those loans into permanent signings to keep some semblance of squad continuity to go with their shiny new PL signings. People on here have suggested selling him for £1m. It's laughable

Edited by weedman
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Not that I strongly disagree with your points but plenty on here say “he’s 24 so he won’t improve” when Vardy, per your example, was playing for Halifax Town at 24 hoping his transfer to Fleetwood went through. Not that I think Keinan will have the upward curve Vardy did…

Vardy  was a late starter, but that was as much down to scouts not picking him up, than his own development.......When he first joined Leicester, for a small fee......his pace, effervescence and ability to spot opportunities, was special, and there to see...he was a very busy player, who could cause problems for any defence.

Its hard to compare players, but some just have that special something that turn opportunities in to goals........I don't think Keinan has that, he is more of a work horse, for others, which is commendable.....and I am trying not to be unkind.

• Like 1

We are aiming at a level,maybe some have not cottoned on to, just yet.

Would any of the top 8 be interested in Keinan?

If he is doing a mitrovic next season and staying fit.......maybe then, there is a case for getting it wrong.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Oh great, Keinan decides to throw a pair of shoes into a huge crowd and it's all "woohoo, go Keinan!!!" 

I do it at one guy at McDonald's, and it's "STOP LAPAL_FAN!! THEY ONLY EARN MINIMUM WAGE AND DON'T DESERVE THIS!!!"

Life ****' sucks 😒

Double standards an that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â