Keinan Davis

a-k

Forest's record so far when Davis is on the pitch. 3 goals scored, 0 goals conceded.

I know it's not a lot of games but it's a trend that's held true even when he played for us.

Last season we scored 5 goals and conceded 1 whilst Davis was on the pitch.

The season before that we scored 6 goals and conceded 7 whilst Davis was on the pitch. Which doesn't sound too good, but consider how bad we were that season. In per 90 terms, our goal difference with Davis on the pitch was better than any other player we had that season who played significant minutes.

• Like 2

Some Forest fans suggesting he is a level above the Championship.

Absolutely bullying defenders.

Doesn't fit the narrative in here.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Davis becoming a regular PL player eventually. Only thing that could potentially hinder him are his injuries, not his ability.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's pleasing he's doing well. He was behind better players with us. With confidence he can hopefully prove himself at the next level too, maybe with Forest as well, they're due a return to the top flight. 

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Some Forest fans suggesting he is a level above the Championship.

Absolutely bullying defenders.

Doesn't fit the narrative in here.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Davis becoming a regular PL player eventually. Only thing that could potentially hinder him are his injuries, not his ability.

He has looked decent for them. Probably slightly better than Grabban in the times they've been on the pitch together. They were clearly desperate for someone who can hold the ball up as from what I've seen they go pretty direct.

You can't really do the "[other clubs] fans think" angle when there are many posters on here who have watched every minute of his professional career.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I still think he's a better prospect than Archer.

interesting really.

Davis has the all round game, but up until the last couple of weeks, not the finishing to match.

Archer doesnt have the well rounded game, but is a seriously clinical finisher from what i have seen.

Pity we cant do that thing from The Fly movie, and meld them in to one......but without the nasty side effects like animal hairs and fly eyes, wings etc.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I just think Davis is more a West Ham / Burnley type CF than the game we're playing at Villa. So while I think he can develop into a Premier League CF I don't see it happening with us. 

Keinan isn't just a big lump.

He can really play with his feet to go along with his strength.

His link up play and ball control is criminally underrated

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I still think he's a better prospect than Archer.

Agree, it's easy to dismiss him due to his goal return, but he's only ever really had cameos with us. The only time he was a regular was when he was a teenager in the championship and played really well without the goals, then a few games after lockdown when we looked nailed on for relegation. It's hardly a good sample size. 

Annoyingly it seems villalad also rates him, which means he must be shit 

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Keinan isn't just a big lump.

He can really play with his feet to go along with his strength.

His link up play and ball control is criminally underrated

Antonio can play too, he has good feet. We play through the two 10s with quick interplay, while West Ham get direct to Antonio sometimes and get the most crosses into the box of any team in the league. Davis would thrive in a system like that more than ours. While I feel Archer being a finisher and very quick will thrive in ours more.

8 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Looks like Forest are going to sign Sam Surridge today. 

A striker in a similar mould to Keinan - so could limit his minutes going forward.

Will be cover for the Grabban injury.

Not a chance he’s taking Keinans place, he was standout yesterday. 

People are analysing him for his performances against the likes of Barnsley and Cardiff, two of the worst teams in the Championship.  You can only beat the teams in front of you but Davis, at his age and experience, at a minimum should be able to take these teams to task.  He’s played well but it’s the minimum he should do against such poor opposition, it doesn’t mean those who thought he was great and under appreciated by Villa fans were correct, it just means that he’s doing well at his loan against teams that are many levels of quality below the PL that he should be doing well against.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

People are analysing him for his performances against the likes of Barnsley and Cardiff, two of the worst teams in the Championship.  You can only beat the teams in front of you but Davis, at his age and experience, at a minimum should be able to take these teams to task.  He’s played well but it’s the minimum he should do against such poor opposition, it doesn’t mean those who thought he was great and under appreciated by Villa fans were correct, it just means that he’s doing well at his loan against teams that are many levels of quality below the PL that he should be doing well against.

He was a handful against Arsenal too but OK

Â