Keinan Davis

a-k

To be honest I’m happy for the bloke, and I hope he has a great season for them. If he scores 6-7 goals in half a season and looks consistently effective I’d like to see him be given a cup run here too. I just feel he’s never really been given a chance here.

And if he doesn’t show enough for us, I think there’ll be plenty of interested buyers in the championship. This loan puts him in the store window at the very least - really we should have done it a season or two ago, because I think he needs the game time to finish developing his game.

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

Davis played well that game.

Not scoring doesn't mean you didn't play well.

That’s Davis all over though. Sooner or later strikers are judged on goals. Shame really. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Looks like Forest are going to sign Sam Surridge today. 

A striker in a similar mould to Keinan - so could limit his minutes going forward.

Not good news. Hopefully Grabban is out for the remainder of the season 

He's not had a chance to prove himself at any level before this loan move. We have been dreaful at loaning out our talant for years and Kienan is the latest player to have his early career damaged by it, criminal..

He's got something about him that's for sure , he's fast , strong but he's also tidy with the ball at his feet, as someone else pointed out , Antonio all over.

Hopefully he will grow into the player I think he can be at Forest , he will need some luck with no injuries and to keep in with the goals, if he does I would sell him with a buy back clause or sell on fee so we can buy him back or benefit from his further development.

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I still think he's a better prospect than Archer.

Not sure a 24 year old can be considered a prospect anymore

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Archer is our top scorer this season and hes only played a handful of games. Natural finisher

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HKP90 said:

That’s Davis all over though. Sooner or later strikers are judged on goals. Shame really. 

Sooner or later strikers are judged "by some people" on goals, surely? Firmino has never been prolific—not to say he doesn't score goals though, and is clearly far more proven than Davis.

I really rate Keinan as someone who's looked like he brings more out of his teammates. Hopefully this loan can bring him up a level and get his eye in at least a little bit.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Not sure a 24 year old can be considered a prospect anymore

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Archer is our top scorer this season and hes only played a handful of games. Natural finisher

Sorry, you're right, I should have been clearer.

I think he's a better player than Archer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sorry, you're right, I should have been clearer.

I think he's a better player than Archer.

Not a better striker though.

Theres a footballer in KD but not suited as a CF in the era where most teams only play one up top.

His poor finishing will always hold him back, back to back goals is nice for him, but we've seen him miss great chances too many times to believe hes suddenly turned into a good finisher.

I expect Archer will have more than 10 career goals by the time he is 24

Its probably too late for KD to have a career at Villa now, especially as over 23s take up squad places.

19 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Not a better striker though.

Theres a footballer in KD but not suited as a CF in the era where most teams only play one up top.

His poor finishing will always hold him back, back to back goals is nice for him, but we've seen him miss great chances too many times to believe hes suddenly turned into a good finisher.

Its probably too late for KD to have a career at Villa now, especially as over 23s take up squad places.

People go from being terrible finishers to suddenly scoring from every touch of theirs and vice versa all the time. Look at Messi right now, we all know how great he is and he is an incredible finisher among his many other assortment of skills. But he is the worst finisher in the entirety of ligue 1(well at least was when I read that stat) according to the xG.

This isn't an uncommon phenomenon. Hell, El Ghazi went from being a terrible finisher in our first PL season to scoring 10 goals in limited minutes in his second. Trezeguet went from being able to score vital goals to almost going last season not scoring a single one. Traore's finishing the season before we bought him was horrendous and certainly contributed to the fanbase's dislike of him. Comes to us and scores some incredible goals.

I can believe that with confidence, game time and luck, Davis will be able to turn his finishing around.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I think he's perfectly suited to play as a CF in the modern era with only one up top. With one up top, teams are looking for a forward that occupies centre halves, holds the ball up, brings people into play and provides a physical presence - Keinan has got all that. His goalscoring isn't good enough (and if it was he'd be a hell of a player) but his overall game is very much suited to the modern role of lone striker.

I think Archer on the other hand isn't suited to it anything like as much, he hasn't got that physicality and I don't think he's technically as good as Davis. He's quick and he scores goals, but I think he needs to either be a wide forward or part of a front two in order to be successful.

I agree, I think Archer will score goals, he's got an eye for it and he works hard at it - what level he ends up scoring those goals at is questionable,

Keinan has played 34 Premier league games and I'm not sure that Cameron will ever achieve that number at the highest level. 

I think both will end up in the Championship, but there might be someone willing to give either a try in the Premier league as an impact sub based on Keinan's strength and Cameron's pace.

If I had to pick one of the two in front of Buendia and Coutinho next week, it'd be Keinan.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If I had to pick one of the two in front of Buendia and Coutinho next week, it'd be Keinan.

I'm 100% opposite

Buendia and Coutinho would create so many chances, I'd rather have a finisher finishing them off.

Its why I'd rather have Ings in the team than Watkins right now 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

I'm 100% opposite

Buendia and Coutinho would create so many chances, I'd rather have a finisher finishing them off.

Its why I'd rather have Ings in the team than Watkins right now 

That's fair enough - I think Keinan would do a great job of pulling us upfield and create chances for Buendia, Coutinho and Ramsey to finish off - we might both be right.

I think Watkins is in at the moment because he can do a bit of both - a sort of Davis/Archer hybrid if you like - which probably tells us something about the limitations of both players.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's fair enough - I think Keinan would do a great job of pulling us upfield and create chances for Buendia, Coutinho and Ramsey to finish off - we might both be right.

I think Watkins is in at the moment because he can do a bit of both - a sort of Davis/Archer hybrid if you like - which probably tells us something about the limitations of both players.

Sell Ollie and Ings for 75 mill, promote Keinan and Archer to first team.

Sign world class CM/CDM.

Sorted 👀

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

People go from being terrible finishers to suddenly scoring from every touch of theirs and vice versa all the time. Look at Messi right now, we all know how great he is and he is an incredible finisher among his many other assortment of skills. But he is the worst finisher in the entirety of ligue 1(well at least was when I read that stat) according to the xG.

This isn't an uncommon phenomenon. Hell, El Ghazi went from being a terrible finisher in our first PL season to scoring 10 goals in limited minutes in his second. Trezeguet went from being able to score vital goals to almost going last season not scoring a single one. Traore's finishing the season before we bought him was horrendous and certainly contributed to the fanbase's dislike of him. Comes to us and scores some incredible goals.

I can believe that with confidence, game time and luck, Davis will be able to turn his finishing around.

Comparing Messi to Davis scoring abilities…

giphy.gif

• Confused 1

Is Keinan's lack of goals purely down to poor finishing? I can't picture him missing sitter after sitter in my head, and his first goal for Forest at least was a good finish.

He's maybe not a natural finisher, but I have a hunch he's not actually that bad at it. Probably more his instincts and positioning that are lacking. Add to that, of his appearances for us, how many minutes do they actually translate to? As he's come off the bench a hell of a lot. And when he started those few games for us in the PL, we were terrible at that point, but he still put good performances in if I remember right.

• Like 1

Â