Top Gear 2016

tonyh29

On 06/06/2016 at 17:25, turnbull said:

Jenson Button was the highlight for me, he's got that likeable way about him, whereas Evans, well, he should be pushed out of a moving car. 

I like Jenson, but the bit where he was trying to be all cool pointing out things like the sat nav and alcantra whilst actually really struggling to keep a hold of the car was a bit cringey 

17 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Very Average band who Evans plugged to death as he had the hots for her and managed to propel her to stardom 

seems he's still doing his bit to keep her in the public eye , another reason to hate him ... I'm expecting Danny Baker as the star in the car next week ...

Surely Reef will be brought in to do the theme tune soon?

• Like 1

Thought last night's show was easily the best yet, helped by less shouting from Evans, less LeBlanc, more Chris Harris, more Rory Reid, more Sabine Shmitz, some nice cars and two good guests in Antony Joshua and Kevin Hart. 

Worth a look if you haven't seen it.

• Like 1

I thought the episode was quite boring, and was pretty stunned to discover that the worst part of top gear (stars in cars) took up 40% of the episode. I skipped that part, and the episode was done in half an hour. 

I don't like how all the segments seem random and completely unrelated to one another. Like there is no segway into what they are about to do. The Ken Block drifting is a perfect example. It really came out of no where. They could have easily put that in the first episode saying something like "we wanted to welcome Matt to our beautiful country and make him feel more at home, so we organized a bit of a tour of london for him, but with an american twist". There you go. That is a perfect segway into that segment. 

On 13/06/2016 at 16:35, turnbull said:

Thought last night's show was easily the best yet, helped by less shouting from Evans, less LeBlanc, more Chris Harris, more Rory Reid, more Sabine Shmitz, some nice cars and two good guests in Antony Joshua and Kevin Hart. 

Totally agree, Harris and Reid are the best two presenters on the show, particularly Harris who is excellent.  The more they are involved the better the show will be.  I still can't stand the format of the star in the car, but I think you can put Kevin Hart in any format of interview and get good value for money, that guy has so much energy in him.

5 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Totally agree, Harris and Reid are the best two presenters on the show, particularly Harris who is excellent.  The more they are involved the better the show will be.  I still can't stand the format of the star in the car, but I think you can put Kevin Hart in any format of interview and get good value for money, that guy has so much energy in him.

Kevin Hart is proper crazy.

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I have zero idea who he is .. yet alone how he can afford 9 cars

played to 53,000 people in Philadelphia in one night. Sold out 10 consecutive nights at Radio City Music Hall with 6,000 capacity. Think he's doing OK.

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

played to 53,000 people in Philadelphia in one night. Sold out 10 consecutive nights at Radio City Music Hall with 6,000 capacity. Think he's doing OK.

Not forgetting the obligatory acting career.

On 08/06/2016 at 13:10, choffer said:

Still would though.

I saw her at hall green technical college circa 1987. Bet The Saturdays never went there

Enjoyed most of last nights show, thought Sabine was a bit annoying trying to be wacky but very enjoyable overall I thought. Especially enjoyed the Tesla Model X, that truly is a very special car. 

• Like 1

On 13/06/2016 at 17:35, turnbull said:

I watched it last night,  enjoyed it all apart from the ridiculous 2 stars in a car and a few other bits below.  But I hate the car in a star or whatever it is.

1. Reading out why each other is there does not cover the fact it is a self promotion thing.

2. Getting 2 people in to stretch it out is pathetic.

3. Making out its a big competition between the 2 people in the studio (Whilst there is a board clearly showing it's about the time on the track)

4. "Ooooh so it's 1-nil to so and so.  Lets see you wins with the best car ever"  based purely on who pretends to cheer the loudest is face punchingly cringe inducing swap shop /Tiswas rubbish that was shit in the 1978.  Evans is an absolute word removed,  why not start saying "CrackerJack" now and again and give out some pens the word removed.

5. The German bird is a waste of space,  her English is so so much worse than my Dutch it's painful,  she talks like a child but that's as far as her vocabulary will get her.  Would the Dutch let me on a TV show with 4 year old Dutch ? 

6. WTF is the thing with the spoons at the end,  "OH NO!!!! he's got the spoons" is a bit like "look it's the phantom flan flinger"  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

7. It's all a bit high level these days,  it would be good to see how new tech actually works as oppose to watching people have a laugh in a car.

Apart from that it's OK.

Â