Will you boo the players if/when we go down?

Villarocker

You mean by saving our premier league status and getting to the FA Cup Final?

Personally, I'd be pretty chuffed if we did that!

2015 ended in December.

A month in which we won 2, drew 2 and lost 2, including a draw against Man U (although I know that's not such a feat these days)?

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

For what it's worth I went twice in the three and a half years from the appointment of McLeish and December 2014. So I won't be saying good riddance, no. We need all the fans we can get and it matters not one jot how much I disagree with you on here I hope you find good enough reason to return. 

Il be back as soon as I witness a consistent show of effort and desire. All I want. The results would follow.

Of course we are customers. We certainly are in AVFC's eyes.

20 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

What astounds me about this post is how we are praising a footballer for doing the decent thing, yet at the same time ridiculing the thought of letting them know about their undoubted failures.

First of all, apologies in advance for not quoting your entire post, I try to avoid doing that.

I don't feel I was OTT in my praise or suggested praise of what Richards did. I also fail to see any ridicule in my post. 

Like I said, I was merely pointing out that this idea that players don't give a shit (that's how I interpreted the prior post to mean) isn't completely correct in my view. 

If you've paid your money and you want to jeer the players, go for it. As I said, it doesn't sit right with me, or perhaps I should say that wanting to boo players doesn't come naturally to me. 

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

First of all, apologies in advance for not quoting your entire post, I try to avoid doing that.

I don't feel I was OTT in my praise or suggested praise of what Richards did. I also fail to see any ridicule in my post. 

Like I said, I was merely pointing out that this idea that players don't give a shit (that's how I interpreted the prior post to mean) isn't completely correct in my view. 

If you've paid your money and you want to jeer the players, go for it. As I said, it doesn't sit right with me, or perhaps I should say that wanting to boo players doesn't come naturally to me. 

No perhaps ridicule was the wrong word reading back. Apologies. I suppose in a nutshell that players need to be given the rough and the smooth, is what I'm trying to say.

And I don't think they are given anywhere near enough rough. Now Im not sure what would be the right way to show them the 'rough' as booing for me, is pretty ineffective.

But I do believe they couldn't care less. I've had conversations with players, coaches who have confirmed that. And I do believe they are taking the piss.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

What astounds me about this post is how we are praising a footballer for doing the decent thing, yet at the same time ridiculing the thought of letting them know about their undoubted failures.

Shropshire Lad didn't praise a footballer at all.  He simply pointed out that sometimes fans' actions do affect players.  R. Bear's initial point was that any actions of fans are just ignored by players - they have no impact.

What astounds me about this post is how you've managed to completely ignore the entire discussion, yet still continue to give irrelevant input.  Again, read! :detect:

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

A month in which we won 2, drew 2 and lost 2, including a draw against Man U (although I know that's not such a feat these days)?

Have you had a stroke?

In December we Won 0 Drew 3 and lost 2, and didn't even play Man Utd.

Besides, I was talking about how we ended 2015, not just the month of December. If anyone denies that the end of 2015 wasn't a completely terrible time for this football club then they are the king of the optimists!

Edited by Stevo985

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

No perhaps ridicule was the wrong word reading back. Apologies. I suppose in a nutshell that players need to be given the rough and the smooth, is what I'm trying to say.

And I don't think they are given anywhere near enough rough. Now Im not sure what would be the right way to show them the 'rough' as booing for me, is pretty ineffective.

But I do believe they couldn't care less. I've had conversations with players, coaches who have confirmed that. And I do believe they are taking the piss.

It's alright Woodytom, I didn't think you were particularly aggressive there, just wanted to clarify! :thumb:

I do know where you're coming from though. I sometimes feel that my annoyance at how the club has been run over the last 5+ years has almost left me feeling that the players have carte blanche which isn't the case.

And yes, I ultimately agree, for me booing is fairly ineffective.

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

Yes pissing themselves. Do you realise that Newcastle fans STILL hold us with hate and resentment because we dared to chuckle at their relegation in 2009? They would be creaming themselves with relish if they werent in a such a shit predicament themselves.

May I suggest that you, or the Newcastle fans you know stop taking it so personally?

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"Good shag, but that's the least I expect from sex. You're the worst woman with more than 50 shags I've ever slept with"

"You only ever want to do it sideways."

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

It's all down to the individual, isn't it. If one person wants to blow them kisses and throw their knickers onto the pitch in a show of gratitude for the enjoyable season they've just delivered then it's up to them. They're well within their rights to do so.

Likewise, if someone wants to shout nasty things whilst waving v signs because they feel this season hasn't been good enough, and, ultimately, it's the players who got us in this mess, so they deserve dog's abuse. Who am I to judge!? 

We all support the club for the long term. The players are a group of men who mostly have no affinity or loyalty to the club and would drop us in the blink of an eye if they ever had a better offer. 

We shouldn't be overly worried about upsetting them, or making them feel nasty and bad; and we shouldn't be too concerned about believing our swear words will have any real effect on them.

The amount fans care is totally disproportionate to that of the players.

When they're driving around in super cars, roasting women in their mansions, spending 20K on watches and more than most fans' yearly wage on their summer trip to the Vegas pool parties, I'm sure they have very little thought to poor old Gary; who's been left sobbing into his Villa kit, and is almost too embarrassed to go to work because he's being ribbed down at his minimum wage job by fans of other clubs.

I guess what I'm saying is I'll neither boo or cheer. I'll remain indifferent. The club will still be there next season, and that's who I support, but most of those lot, who at least 'tried' will not. And even if they are, they're only passing through. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

Have you had a stroke?

In December we Won 0 Drew 3 and lost 2, and didn't even play Man Utd.

Besides, I was talking about how we ended 2015, not just the month of December. If anyone denies that the end of 2015 wasn't a completely terrible time for this football club then they are the king of the optimists!

Sorry, was still thinking you were talking about last season.

I confess I have no idea what you are trying to define by the phrase "the end of 2015 " and why you (perhaps?) think the beginning of 2016 has been much better, but I have a sneaky suspicion this isn't worth pursuing. [emoji3]

As a foreign fan, this is probably one topic I have little right to proffer an opinion on.  But I've a big mouth so here goes.

If we go down due to a lack of effort on the part of the players, then they would deserve booing at that point.  It would mean that they have come to this great club, happy to pick up a wage and have conspired to have a direct hand in what has been a disastrous relegation.  The worst season ever to be relegated, and a bit more effort on their part might have made a significant difference.  If you can't boo an under-performing relegated player then what exactly can you boo?

If however we end up going down and this lot have done everything they can, given everything that they have, then it becomes the fault of those who brought them in.  If you are buying the wrong players; if you are buying rubbish, then you can't give out to the rubbish if they don't have it in them.  It's not the fault of rubbish players that they're rubbish.  It's the fault of those in charge for bringing then in in the first place.  In that scenario you don't boo the players.  You protest against those above them.  The 'custodian', the financiers and the decision makers.

At this point there's probably a selection of players that fall into either category above.  Let's see how the rest of the season pans out.

• Like 1

Â