Will you boo the players if/when we go down?

Villarocker

I will be booing myself for being such naive **** and such a suck-up over the last five years when I believed the lies the club told me, despite the evidence, and agreed with the really shitty and dishonourable things they did to players they had signed and regretted paying too much.

I was there slagging of players and sucking up to Lerner just because he is rich.

I was there believing them when Lerner's men said that the financial problems had been solved and believing that it meant what they knew I would assume, that the club would return to a normal financial footing. 

I was there slagging off McLeish for playing crap football and refusing to accept why.

I was there demanding Lambert and I was there demanding he should be sacked.

I was there welcoming Sherwood and I was there demanding he was sacked and calling him a fraud, while believing the lies the club told about his situation.

I was there telling reassuring lies to young fans out of misguided loyalty to the lying a***holes who run the club.

So I will be booing myself for being such a ****!

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Sorry, was still thinking you were talking about last season.

I confess I have no idea what you are trying to define by the phrase "the end of 2015 " and why you (perhaps?) think the beginning of 2016 has been much better, but I have a sneaky suspicion this isn't worth pursuing. emoji3.png

Briny, I've said it before, but you are absolutely brilliant at finding issue with things nobody has said. You could have an argument in an empty room.

What I said was that if we ended the season like we ended 2015 (The year 2015. The CALENDAR year. It runs from January to December. You are aware of what a year is?), then I wouldn't have an issue with people booing.

We finished 2015 bottom of the league heading for a record points low, with 1 win in our past 20-odd league game. So my point was if we carried on the form that got us there to the end of the season then I'd be fine with people booing, because it would be equally as terrible.

Why you are struggling with "The end of 2015" is beyond me.

The start of 2016 has been slightly better, but I didn't say that in my post so I'm not sure why you've taken issue with that either.

I really didn't think what I'd said was difficult to understand. I'm stunned I've now spent 3 posts explaining myself :crylaugh:

Though I don't agree with it, given the utter miss management and lack of interest from the board that has resulted in us going down, I think once relegation has been confirmed there are going to be horrible scenes at VP.

I'm thinking back to when SHA went down a few years back and people were trying to get to the board, I really think we could see similar. Especially if the fans feel after this window that the board haven't tried. 

Just read this about the Charlton fans protesting, and even if you can't really compere there are some striking similarities.

" It is not a happy Valley just now and has not been for a while. A combination of an unwanted (and absent) millionaire owner, a footballing-naive if somewhat enthusiastic chief executive and a sequence of failed managerial appointments point to the malaise continuing for the foreseeable future"

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/23/charlton-athletic-blackburn-rovers-championship-match-report

• Like 1

Interesting though. Should we go down..

Mr Hollis suggest we are where we are because of a lot of intagibles (well at least, undescribed so far)...and we can't boo intangibles. 

He also suggests the players we bought haven't been good enough.  Well, we can't boo players who aren't good enough, that's utterly unreasonable, it's not their fault that they aren't good enough.

He also says it wont be due to lack of money spent, so we can't boo Lerner.

He does say the last 5 years have lacked certainty and stability, but I don't really know how to boo a concept, especially the absence of one.

He says Garde is here no matter what, so even if we lose every game he will effectively be saying its not Remis fault, so we can't boo him.

So I'm not really sure whether there is anything left TO boo !

I suppose we could boo each other for being unrealistic or too moaney......

For me I never boo but in a scenario where we are getting relegated at Home to Newcastle I would consider booing Richardson if he perfroms like he was perfroming just prior to being left out, and the same goes for one or two others, like Gabby.  But since it is unlikely they will play I can't really do that !

So I'll probably prefer to sing and look forward to having about 10 misery-free Saturdays.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sne said:

Just read this about the Charlton fans protesting, and even if you can't really compere there are some striking similarities.

" It is not a happy Valley just now and has not been for a while. A combination of an unwanted (and absent) millionaire owner, a footballing-naive if somewhat enthusiastic chief executive and a sequence of failed managerial appointments point to the malaise continuing for the foreseeable future"

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/23/charlton-athletic-blackburn-rovers-championship-match-report

they were on Sky on saturday and I was thinking it sounded very very familiar

21 minutes ago, terrytini said:

This is fundamental and I think it's important. Spending a bit of money, or even spending enough money, wouldn't let Lerner off the hook for years of catastrophic mismanagement of the club.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChrisVillan said:

This is fundamental and I think it's important. Spending a bit of money, or even spending SOME money, wouldn't let Lerner off the hook for years of catastrophic mismanagement of the club.

Fixed Chris

13 minutes ago, ChrisVillan said:

This is fundamental and I think it's important. Spending a bit of money, or even spending enough money, wouldn't let Lerner off the hook for years of catastrophic mismanagement of the club.

I completely agree, and just in case my original Post context gets lost,  it  was intended to be a wry chuckley type Post....for me I would boo Lerner and Hollis all day and night for what I see as their totally misguided view on how to succeed at football if I thought it would do the tiniest scrap of good, but it won't.

56 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Interesting though. Should we go down..

Mr Hollis suggest we are where we are because of a lot of intagibles (well at least, undescribed so far)...and we can't boo intangibles. 

He also suggests the players we bought haven't been good enough.  Well, we can't boo players who aren't good enough, that's utterly unreasonable, it's not their fault that they aren't good enough.

He does say the last 5 years have lacked certainty and stability, but I don't really know how to boo a concept, especially the absence of one.

He says Garde is here no matter what, so even if we lose every game he will effectively be saying its not Remis fault, so we can't boo him.

So I'm not really sure whether there is anything left TO boo !

You didn't mention Doris the tea lady; do we need to boo her?

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Fixed Chris

I know what you're getting at, and I agree. The point I was making there was that even if the club had spent enough money, I believe mismanagement would have shafted us regardless. 

Edited by ChrisVillan
  • Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 15:21, a m ole said:

May I suggest that you, or the Newcastle fans you know stop taking it so personally?

It was the pre-made banners in the Holte that has meant they take it so personally still to this day 'Sob on the Tyne' and 'Who's your next Messiah, Ant or Dec?'

I would have expected them to have eased up by now, but hey ho!

7 hours ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

It was the pre-made banners in the Holte that has meant they take it so personally still to this day 'Sob on the Tyne' and 'Who's your next Messiah, Ant or Dec?'

I would have expected them to have eased up by now, but hey ho!

Ha ha yes it was funny...they certainly did like their messiahs......ah well at the end of the day it is, though we often forget it ( and wouldn't have it any other way) only a game, so I suppose really it is quite funny if they get their own back.

I won't be thinking that at the time though.

What would make it more entertaining is if we are both going down.....especially if each needed a win to stay up and we drew.

Or best of all if we were already down and needed to beat them 4-0 to relegate them, and did ......that'd be a good one lol.

Edited by terrytini

Â