Will you boo the players if/when we go down?

Villarocker

15 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

Booing is pointless.

I do, however, love the idea of going against the grain and get the whole of Villa Park singing something like "Remi Garde's Claret and Blue army" or simply chanting "Villa!"

The deadweight won't care that we booed. The people who have tried to keep us up will take note of us singing our hearts out. Might even inspire one or two to stay on.

I admire your blind optimism/naivety but that is plinly ludicrous. Do you really think the players give two **** what the fans do/dont do in the final game? The ones who can get better contracts will sign them before their boots from the last game are cleaned and the ones who dont are just too shit to get signed by a better club (which is most of them).

I cant believe that in 2016, fans still think players make decisions based on anything the fans have got to say.

If we fight for everything from now to the end of the season no. Being relegated is not a booing thing playing badly with no passion shows is just about a booing thing. Actually being relegated there's no need to boo everyone will know it's not good!! 

8 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I admire your blind optimism/naivety but that is plinly ludicrous. Do you really think the players give two **** what the fans do/dont do in the final game? The ones who can get better contracts will sign them before their boots from the last game are cleaned and the ones who dont are just too shit to get signed by a better club (which is most of them).

I cant believe that in 2016, fans still think players make decisions based on anything the fans have got to say.

No but it'll show to everyone else that we are still fighting and that we'll be back. It may not encourage people to stay but imagine a sellout crowd v Newcastle and the place rocking it'd be a place people want to come to instead of a poisonous atmosphere on the slide!! 

Just now, dn1982 said:

No but it'll show to everyone else that we are still fighting and that we'll be back. It may not encourage people to stay but imagine a sellout crowd v Newcastle and the place rocking it'd be a place people want to come to instead of a poisonous atmosphere on the slide!! 

Who's "everyone else?". Let me break it down to you. When Villa get relegated, every other clubs fans will be pissing themselves. Just like we did with Newcastle, Leeds, West Ham and of course, Small Heath. Remember those pathetic Coventry fans in 2001 who held up "we'll be back" signs. How did that work out? The only way players with come here is if we give them a better contract that any other team. Players wont give a **** if the "place was rocking" when they got relegated. And when the **** does Villa Park rock anyway? After we score for 5 minutes?

13 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I think some players do make decisions when the fans have something to say.

image.jpg

15 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I hate booing. I really **** hate it. I think it's ridiculous.

There are exceptions ego deserve that kind of contempt, such as Fabian Delph, but generally it makes me die a little inside every time.

There must be "booers" who are reading this now. Despite appearing like I've already made my mind up if genuinely like to know what you get from it?

I don't disagree with this Doug. However, what I do believe is that this has been so shambolic that the club needs to feel the 'wrath' as want for a better word.

Now I personally, for some time now, have decided that I'm not going. I won't be booing when we go down because I won't be there. I have no interest in being there atm. 

Now some, even you (not saying defo btw) would reply to that with, good riddance, we're better off without fans with that attitude. 

That's fine, however, my question to those ppl is what would be a suitable reaction to the disgrace unfolding?

Sit there and applaud because we showed a bit more spirit for the 2nd half of the season.... I don't think so.

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Why what decision did he make like? 

He didn't ignore the fans.  His decision to go and 'speak' to them was purely from their actions.

Did you actually read the earlier posts that started this?

On topic, no - booing is pathetic.  Football is only a game, after all.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Who's "everyone else?". Let me break it down to you. When Villa get relegated, every other clubs fans will be pissing themselves. Just like we did with Newcastle, Leeds, West Ham and of course, Small Heath. Remember those pathetic Coventry fans in 2001 who held up "we'll be back" signs. How did that work out? The only way players with come here is if we give them a better contract that any other team. Players wont give a **** if the "place was rocking" when they got relegated. And when the **** does Villa Park rock anyway? After we score for 5 minutes?

Pissing themselves?

Can't imagine anyone would care after the last day of the seasons match of the day finished.

Just now, Woodytom said:

Why what decision did he make like? 

Really I was suggesting that I think the idea that players don't give a shit about the fans or don't react based on how the fans react isn't totally accurate (IMO).

I suppose I would say, Micah made the decision to speak to the angry fans where a lot of players would decide not to.

As for the general topic of booing. Nah not for me. Call Randy a rocket polisher, that's fine. But booing players never sits right with me.

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Really I was suggesting that I think the idea that players don't give a shit about the fans or don't react based on how the fans react isn't totally accurate (IMO).

I suppose I would say, Micah made the decision to speak to the angry fans where a lot of players would decide not to.

As for the general topic of booing. Nah not for me. Call Randy a rocket polisher, that's fine. But booing players never sits right with me.

What astounds me about this post is how we are praising a footballer for doing the decent thing, yet at the same time ridiculing the thought of letting them know about their undoubted failures.

This is how I see the micah richards incident. He was praised by fans and press for doing what I would call the decent human being thing. Now I'm not saying being a decent human being should not be rewarded, however the extent to which he was praised especially by pundits was OTT. 

And this is why I think it's OTT: it's simple to stand out in the football world as a decent human being because it's littered with arseholes who are so used to being let off with underwhelming drivel both on and off the pitch. (Here's where your comment of booing players doesnt sit right comes into play). Therefore the decent thing that micah did is over exaggerated. 

They've been an utter disgrace and one way or another they need to be told. Otherwise they will continue to take the piss and wel continue to see players who give 100% as potential legends.

11 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Pissing themselves?

Can't imagine anyone would care after the last day of the seasons match of the day finished.

Yes pissing themselves. Do you realise that Newcastle fans STILL hold us with hate and resentment because we dared to chuckle at their relegation in 2009? They would be creaming themselves with relish if they werent in a such a shit predicament themselves.

30 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Whatever mate but we'd be the biggest club in the championship so when signing players things like that do actually matter. It's a momentum thing we'd go into next season as a united fan base not one that blames everything else. We'd be the biggest team to be relegated as we've never been out the PL so it'll be massive news showing a full house behind the manager would be reported massively but I'll let you wallow in your pity. 

Just now, dn1982 said:

We'd be the biggest team to be relegated as we've never been out the PL so it'll be massive news showing a full house behind the manager would be reported massively but I'll let you wallow in your pity. 

It will be "massive news" if we have a full house on the last day when we get relegated? No it will be a footnote. In fact not even that. Some of our fans have self-delusion that will make a Liverpool fan blush.

22 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I don't disagree with this Doug. However, what I do believe is that this has been so shambolic that the club needs to feel the 'wrath' as want for a better word.

Now I personally, for some time now, have decided that I'm not going. I won't be booing when we go down because I won't be there. I have no interest in being there atm. 

Now some, even you (not saying defo btw) would reply to that with, good riddance, we're better off without fans with that attitude. 

That's fine, however, my question to those ppl is what would be a suitable reaction to the disgrace unfolding?

Sit there and applaud because we showed a bit more spirit for the 2nd half of the season.... I don't think so.

For what it's worth I went twice in the three and a half years from the appointment of McLeish and December 2014. So I won't be saying good riddance, no. We need all the fans we can get and it matters not one jot how much I disagree with you on here I hope you find good enough reason to return. 

As for your point regarding booing, I mostly just think it's wanky. You want to shout and swear, go for it. The dugout incident at Wycombe, or at a push even shouty coach man, fine. Booing? Sod that, you're not "customers" after all. It smacks of pretension, "I've not had my money's worth". Bollocks to that, this is football. Grow a pair. 

IMO ;)

6 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Yes pissing themselves. Do you realise that Newcastle fans STILL hold us with hate and resentment because we dared to chuckle at their relegation in 2009? They would be creaming themselves with relish if they werent in a such a shit predicament themselves.

They need to get a life then. As does anyone worried about then chuckling back.

Â