Will you boo the players if/when we go down?

Villarocker

43 minutes ago, supermon said:

I'll have a banner saying "**** off Linekar, hello Manish" :wub:

If we're rolling out of the premier league then I'm going down guns blazing 

Manish? Isn't it on channel 5 now with the lovely Kelly Cates? I'd say hello to her any day of the week. In fact, it'll all most be worth going down just to watch a bit more of her. ;)

From past experience I think we would probably be too grief stricken and shell shocked to boo at the end of a game that had taken us down. I agree with the following:

19 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I love the idea of going against the grain and get the whole of Villa Park singing something like "Remi Garde's Claret and Blue army" or simply chanting "Villa!"

The deadweight won't care that we booed. The people who have tried to keep us up will take note of us singing our hearts out. Might even inspire one or two to stay on.

The media might even say something positive about our football club and its long suffering fans.

But this could still be a decision we might not have to make. ;)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Manish? Isn't it on channel 5 now with the lovely Kelly Cates? I'd say hello to her any day of the week. In fact, it'll all most be worth going down just to watch a bit more of her. ;)

Lol I dunno, just goes to show nobody watches Championship 

Depends on the game and the performance, if we work our bollocks off from now until then put ourselves in a position where a win v arsenal last game keeps us up then no I'd probably applaud the effort, if it's after a half hearted performance and an embarrassing result v Bournemouth at home then yes I probably will

I won't. I never boo my own team as a rule and that won't change for relegation.

However, I accept that other people boo and that's fine.

Whether I agree with them booing in this case depends on how we end the season. If we end the season like we ended 2015 then fire away.

But I have a feeling we'll continue to give a good account of ourselves this season, despite it not being enough to stay up.

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why?

Dunno - I don't really do booing. It'll only be one goal I won't celebrate although I guess it depends on the manner of the goal. If it's a later winner I probably won't be able to help myself.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I won't. I never boo my own team as a rule and that won't change for relegation.

However, I accept that other people boo and that's fine.

Whether I agree with them booing in this case depends on how we end the season. If we end the season like we ended 2015 then fire away.

But I have a feeling we'll continue to give a good account of ourselves this season, despite it not being enough to stay up.

You mean by saving our premier league status and getting to the FA Cup Final?

Personally, I'd be pretty chuffed if we did that!

Edited by briny_ear

As others have said it depends on the manner in which we go down. If we're down in March/early April without so much as a whimper then I would boo, but if we fight and scrap to the last game, win but other results send us down (looking more likely imho) then I wouldn't

8 hours ago, briny_ear said:

You mean by saving our premier league status and getting to the FA Cup Final?

Personally, I'd be pretty chuffed if we did that!

2015 ended in December.

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I hate booing. I really **** hate it. I think it's ridiculous.

There are exceptions ego deserve that kind of contempt, such as Fabian Delph, but generally it makes me die a little inside every time.

There must be "booers" who are reading this now. Despite appearing like I've already made my mind up if genuinely like to know what you get from it?

I feel a little embarrassed on behalf of people that do, to be honest. You're a grown up, look at the state of yourself. I agree that if someone pays the money for a ticket they are entitled to express themselves how they wish (short of abuse), but they should be aware how much of a thick clearing in the woods it makes them look, and how completely counter productive it is to boo your own team.

Delph is another story.

I don't do booing. In fact I don't even think I booed the Snake back in the autumn much as I hate the shifty little turncoat. My dilemma is slightly different is that I am not sure I want be there when the last rites are administered with the gloating London / Manchester centric media panning across the crowd to spot crying fans and protest banners. For the last few years I have aways thought, despite being a STH, I would miss THAT game although it may not be easy to predict in reality. I have still not decided.

When we put Newcastle down a few years ago I derived no pleasure in that or seeing shellshocked NU fans. In fact I clearly remember walking past them queueing for the train at Witton Station and the overriding emotion was anger that it had come to this. They were in a similar position to us now, not a bad side but a club that had been mismanaged for years.

Booing will be interpreted as against the players and that is only justified, and I still don't agree with it, if they are not trying. The one thing I wanted Garde to bring to the party was a bit of fighting spirit, we go down with a little pride. I think we will do that.

Of course the other extreme was the spittle flecked riot of the Neanderthals at the Sty when they went down. Hopefully we have a little more class

• Like 1

Â