Eric Black

villan-scott

I think I hate him more than Garde and Sherwood. At least they had the justification of trying to survive to justify shit decisions. What's this guy's reasons for picking the same shit?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

I don't think they'd be hammered if played along side the few we have left with a decent attitude. Certainly no more hammered than the 'first' team are every week.

I meant hammered by the opposition. If the current shambolic lot get hammered, then they deserve it. If the kids do, then they don't. I think protecting the kids is a wise thing, personally. Putting them in when/if they're not ready is not fair on them, however rubbish the first team is.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

I meant hammered by the opposition. If the current shambolic lot get hammered, then they deserve it. If the kids do, then they don't. I think protecting the kids is a wise thing, personally. Putting them in when/if they're not ready is not fair on them, however rubbish the first team is.

Agree to an extent, but think a couple more could be 'blooded' without doing them any long term harm. 

They would be well supported (by the fans not their team-mates!) and the young'uns tend to play without the same fear. 

There is definately more he could do than just keep picking this lot for the remaining games! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

a couple more could be 'blooded' without doing them any long term harm.

Yeah, I agree - maybe as subs or whatever. I genuinely don't know enough of their abilities as a group to think that chucking a load in would be a good idea. If one or two are ready-isa, then yeah, do it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Well, he's doing a great job boosting his CV isn't he?

Was just about to say that! 

He'll likely come away unscathed in that respect due to the circumstances, but if I were a prospective employer, I'd be having a look elsewhere! 

As Blandy has alluded to, his hand might be tied and it would be wrong for all of us to lambast him for what is a pretty dire situation (and we don't know the full facts).  Dropping first-teamers and throwing in the youngsters to the fire pit would be wrong.  Let the players in the current squad live up to the fact that they are ultimately responsible for the state we're in. Most should be shipped out but Westwood did well today.  It is now a challenge for the current squad to prove why they shouldn't be discarded, why they should play proper football, and if anything, why they should be playing in one of the top leagues. 

(for what it's worth, I thought he was wrong in subbing Ayew even though I doubt he'll be here next season). 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

Â