Are you protesting on Tuesday against Palace?

avfc1982am

Are you protesting on Tuesday against Palace?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going on Tuesday and if so will you be protesting in the North Stand car park during the first 15mins of the game? Do you think protests should be when we are mathmatically relegated? Or is it worth it?

• Yes
    • No
    • When it's mathmatically certain
    • Whats the point

26 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Agreed. What's more embarrassing is the supine reaction some give on here to a potential protest. 

If it was a proper protest, it would get pretty much everybody's backing.

If this was a proper, organised protest with a proper message that loads of people would turn up to, then I'd back it 100%. I'd join in.

As it is I can't see it being anymore than a couple of dozen grown men holding bedsheets and hurling abuse at a few other grown men. It won't work, and it won't look good. I've got nothing against the people who will be there, I just don't think it will be well executed.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

5 years too late, the damage is done.

I'm not picking on you alone here, but you still like to vent on a messageboard. That literally achieves nothing except to perhaps make you feel a bit better.

Why not do it in person? Like in the days before the internet. Let off some steam. No harm can come of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eames said:

2) The protest will inevitably descend into a bunch of pissed up berks in the club colours yelling "word removed" at anyone who will pay them attention. 

That's my thought on the protest too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrissmith921 said:

Sky Sports News will love this - 30 people in a car park with some bedsheets. F**k sake

BBC will report that Villa are again bringing football back to the dark ages

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Small time how? By showing they care? I've never thought that to be insignificant.

Too many Villa fans worry far too much about what fans of other clubs think. I think that's small time myself.

'Smalltime' will mean the same to the target of the protests as it will to anyone else! 

Why will they care if there are a few people complaining....especially if they are being ridiculed?

If a message is to be made it should be made in the right way, and that involves getting those outside the club interested and the media onside (ie Bayerns ticket price protests)......so in cases like this it does matter what others think.

IMO of course.

Edited by Nigel

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

'Smalltime' will mean the same to the target of the protests as it will to anyone else! 

Why will they care if there are a few people complaining....especially if they are being ridiculed?

If a message is to be made it should be made in the right way, and that involves getting those outside the club interested and the media onside (ie Bayerns ticket price protests)......so in cases like this it does matter what others think.

IMO of course.

well to protest along the lines of "you've cut our wage bill so cut our ticket price" would actually gather some steam.

If they are offing Gabby, Zog, Kozak this window they'll be shifting 3 big earners. To go with Vlaar, Benteke, Delph of the last window - that protest can actually be supported by parts of the media without it looking like a bunch of spoilt brats crying because we're going down. (which is how it will be portrayed)......

By all means protest by staying away or even do it after the match. But the folks you are aiming at wont be there and wont be listening

So maybe a better idea is to focus all that pent up energy cheering the team on instead

You're asking Lerner to sell up and piss off, as it he hasn't tried to do just that. NOBODY wants to buy us. That must've sunk in by now

51 minutes ago, Ulver said:

By all means protest by staying away or even do it after the match. But the folks you are aiming at wont be there and wont be listening

So maybe a better idea is to focus all that pent up energy cheering the team on instead

You're asking Lerner to sell up and piss off, as it he hasn't tried to do just that. NOBODY wants to buy us. That must've sunk in by now

Maybe because that clown Lerner has put a stupid asking price on the club? Hopefully this will encourage him to sell cheaper. The idiot is going to lose a fortune once we go down now. Stupid moron

Maybe I've missed something, but when has Lerner said he isn't actively trying to sell the club? 

The evidence to suggest he is , is that the last time he spoke about selling the club he said he was trying too. 

As I said, maybe I missed it when he said he wasn't? 

Edited by PieFacE

Fox saying he isn't a motivated seller is just spin, because being a club with an owner who wants away doesn't look very good. Lerner either wants to sell us or he doesn't being a motivated or not, doesn't have much to do with it.

Not being a "motivated seller" doesn't mean he's not trying to sell the club though, does it? 

I think the reality is that no one is really interested in buying the club. And why would they?

Any potential buyer will be waiting for us to go down, and then buy us when the club is cheaper, get back into the Premier League and get a cash injection....

Â