Are you protesting on Tuesday against Palace?

avfc1982am

Are you protesting on Tuesday against Palace?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going on Tuesday and if so will you be protesting in the North Stand car park during the first 15mins of the game? Do you think protests should be when we are mathmatically relegated? Or is it worth it?

• Yes
    • No
    • When it's mathmatically certain
    • Whats the point

The players won't care in the slightest at the protests, they've already shown their attitude.

Randy is not around, and really doesn't care.

We're already being laughed at with the abuse we gave the players at Wycombe.

A more positive message might be shown by a big attendance shown if we're drawn at home in the next round of the youth cup. Supporting players that could be the future of the club, that still care and have aspirations, that in Ben Petty have a coach that has been a graduate and coach of the Villa youth system. A big crowd with banners saying that we'll always support OUR club, or we'll always support those who play with heart would send a clear message and would catch media attention. All of those boycotting games, which is totally understandable, can get time at Villa park without the misery and without contributing towards Randy's pocket.

And the chances are we might be present for a victory at Villa Park!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Football was the game of the people in 1968. Now people are only at football games to make it look on TV. That's not Villa, that's everywhere.

In the current situation, being 'heard' doesn't really change much in my opinion.

Trouble is our slice of the TV money is about to be drastically reduced, gates and support in the championship will matter

I'm probably about 30/70 as to whether I'm even going

There only one protest they'll understand, empty seats, Tuesday's game is a good chance to do it even if I'll still be counted as being there

Wycombe is the best chance, I wouldn't go to that game if it was free, hopefully the attendance will be around 15k, expecting about 27k on Tuesday but it to be declared as around 32k

5k ST holders choosing not to turn up vs palace, 25k choosing not to go vs Wycombe, that will give them a better message than any protest, banner or swearing at the players

• Like 2

I'm got going either and neither are my 2 kids, not travelling 4 hours on a Tuesday night to watch the worst villa team I have ever seen. My 3 season tickets will not be used gain this season. Would rather waste the rest of my season tickets than waste more money watching #avfc be relegated in front of me.

Offered my tickets to club to use for good causes, didn't even get a reply. 35 years between us watching the Villa - no more. When Lerner has gone I will return.

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

so we should protest to make the likelihood of losing even greater? Great idea!:huh:

the likelihood of losing is remarkably high as it is. Dont think a protest will change anything

37 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I voted Yes, No, No, No. Which was awkward to find a box for.

Sorry OBE. First poll, so trial and error. Should possibly have asked those who would but cant make it? Cant always get it right.

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 1

Protesting before the game is a load of crap. Should protest whilst the game is playing. As soon is the match kicks off everybody should get up and go towards the exits, come back again after 15mins. Or, everyone just sit silent for a certain amount of time - no cheering, no clapping, nothing...

A football club is nothing without fans - gives the right people a taste of what that would feel like if everybody was pushed away. 

Edited by Tayls

7 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Protesting before the game is a load of crap. Should protest whilst the game is playing. As soon is the match kicks off everybody should get up and go towards the exits, come back again after 15mins. Or, everyone just sit silent for a certain amount of time - no cheering, no clapping, nothing...

A football club is nothing without fans - gives the right people a taste of what that would feel like if everybody was pushed away. 

The protest is for the first 15mins.

absolutely ridiculious. how about getting in the ground and supporting the team. 

Done that mate, season ticket holder. 5 away games this season so far. Hasn't gotten us anywhere. A couple of thousand people missing for 15 minutes isn't likely to change anything on the pitch.

• Like 1

Â