Are you protesting on Tuesday against Palace?

avfc1982am

Are you protesting on Tuesday against Palace?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going on Tuesday and if so will you be protesting in the North Stand car park during the first 15mins of the game? Do you think protests should be when we are mathmatically relegated? Or is it worth it?

• Yes
    • No
    • When it's mathmatically certain
    • Whats the point

I hope any protest is more dignified than what we saw at Wycombe. That was pure gold for the media circus. But if folks need to get stuff off their chest, then sure, protest, its understandable.

We're going down.......we've been there before. We shall return (God, i'm turning into Krulak).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Not being a "motivated seller" doesn't mean he's not trying to sell the club though, does it? 

I think the reality is that no one is really interested in buying the club. And why would they?

Any potential buyer will be waiting for us to go down, and then buy us when the club is cheaper, get back into the Premier League and get a cash injection....

It means he isn't being as active as he could be though surely. Fox made quite a big deal of making it known that he was no longer pushing hard for a sale.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/selling-aston-villa-not-priority-8537056

“I don’t think he (Lerner) is a motivated seller right now. I think he’ll want to make sure that he’s put Aston Villa on the best possible path for the future.

“He’s very involved in the football club, he watches every match.

Aston Villa chief executive Tom Fox Aston Villa chief executive Tom Fox

"I’ve been at his house watching matches together and both of us are standing up pacing around at various points of time - depending on what’s happening - so he know’s what’s happening here.

“He’s very, very well informed as to the business side of what’s happening on the pitch.

He pushed for a sale in the summer before last. Are you absolutely 100% sure he has done everything he can since then to sell the club? Because if you do I think you're wrong and I'm not going to sit on my hands and hope for the best.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I appreciate the effort some people will go to.

But this will end up making us look even more of a laughing stock than we already are.

I doubt it stevo. We are very much already the laughing stock of English football at the moment and have been for several seasons now. Fans showing their discontent at the bullshit way the club is being ruined are no more laughable than those sitting on their arse doing nothing but continually moaning via a keyboard.

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It means he isn't being as active as he could be though surely. Fox made quite a big deal of making it known that he was no longer pushing hard for a sale.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/selling-aston-villa-not-priority-8537056

He pushed for a sale in the summer before last. Are you absolutely 100% sure he has done everything he can since then to sell the club? Because if you do I think you're wrong and I'm not going to sit on my hands and hope for the best.

This is the thing. The message from the club isn't even try to be a PR stunt yet people are almost creating for themselves. 

Not a motivated seller, but a willing seller nonetheless. That the club is up for sale is public knowledge, but no knight in shining armour has come along with bags of money to offer for the club.

Now, maybe somehow there are potential buyers who would be interested, but don't know the club is still up for sale. I'd say they know **** all about football in that case and should stay away/or aren't that keen on owning one if they need to be found by some M&A schmuck from BAML. 

Anyone with an interest in football, or owning a football club, will be fully aware it's up for sale, but where are they? Perhaps there's nobody with an appetite to throw hundreds of millions at a Birmingham based football club with no guarantee of success.

A study in the summer valued us at around £160M. I doubt Lerner is asking much more than that, if at all. Yet, still, we remain unsold.

As it happens I think the best chance a sale happening is when we're finally a Championship club. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

6 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Not a motivated seller, but a willing seller nonetheless. That the club is up for sale is public knowledge, but no knight in shining armour has come along with bags of money to offer for the club.

Now, maybe somehow there are potential buyers who would be interested, but don't know the club is still up for sale. I'd say they know **** all about football in that case and should stay away/or aren't that keen on owning one if they need to be found by some M&A schmuck from BAML. 

Anyone with an interest in football, or owning a football club, will be fully aware it's up for sale, but where are they? Perhaps there's nobody with an appetite to throw hundreds of millions at a Birmingham based football club with no guarantee of success.

A study in the summer valued us at around £160M. I doubt Lerner is asking much more than that, if at all. Yet, still, we remain unsold.

As it happens I think the best chance a sale happening is when we're finally a Championship club

Sorry to pick on a couple of points but I agree with the rest of your post in a way. However I think a study this summer may value us significantly less than a £160m. Does anyone honestly think Lerner will sell the club whilst in the Championship and take such heavy loses? I would personally be gobsmacked! Most potential buyers will be looking at a club in the lower divisions to buy for a fraction of that and build with minimal investment. We will be vastly overpriced imo and less likely to see the back of Lerner and his circus.

People might think it is ridiculous to protest at the ground using bedsheets, singing or any other method of attracting attention(not aggression). But does anyone really think the club gives half a shit about low attendances and fans staying away these days when the TV money blows gate reciepts out the water.  Enough fans will always turn out to make our numbers respectable and in essence negate the effect of the few staying away.

Those protesting by staying away I cannot knock as I have done it myself during certain periods of the clubs history when I haven't been happy at what is going on and just thought F*** it! But if you give a shit you still feel shit and staying away never has any bearing on what direction the club will move in or on your mood when we lose on a saturday.

Anyone willing to stand up though and say enough is enough or question leadership/ownership when it is obvious that it is not fit for purpose should be applauded imo. Even if only 50 fans make their feelings known tomorrow next week it will be 100 and so on until there is a point where ignorance is no longer an option for the idiots running the club.

Everyone talks about players needing to show fight and passion but what about the fans - the real custodians.

I'll leave my seat vacant for the first 15mins tomorrow with anyone else willing to do the same and meet in the North by the Mcgregor and sing a few songs(minus the bedsheets). Then go and support my team as I always do. What I wont do though is continually cry and moan for change and do nothing to aid it or those trying to change it, even if the actions have a minimal effect or none at all.

• Like 2

Wouldn't protest tomorrow. Think the Wycombe replay is the better option.

For the Palace game you've got ST holders who have paid for their seats who will want to go, and rightly so.

With the Wycombe game, people won't have got tickets yet and we could send a real statement with a very low attendance with large numbers outside the ground during the game....potentially [emoji3]

16 minutes ago, benireduk said:

For the Palace game you've got ST holders who have paid for their seats who will want to go, and rightly so.

With the Wycombe game, people won't have got tickets yet and we could send a real statement with a very low attendance with large numbers outside the ground during the game....potentially emoji3.png

Can appreciate what your saying Ben but I am an ST holder and tbh I have missed watching us play anything like decent football for around 15 games or so this season and many more over the last few years. Missing 15 min tomorrow doesn't bother me in the slightest. And yes should fans choose to boycott or protest against Wycombe I will join in that also.

With the Wycombe game, people won't have got tickets yet and we could send a real statement with a very low attendance with large numbers outside the ground during the game....potentially [emoji3]

Can appreciate what your saying Ben but I am an ST holder and tbh I have missed watching us play anything like decent football for around 15 games or so this season and many more over the last few years. Missing 15 min tomorrow doesn't bother me in the slightest. And yes should fans choose to boycott or protest against Wycombe I will join in that also.

Not really sure what missing 15mins would achieve? I get what you're saying as a ST holder, it's been dire for years, but the club already has your money so it's not going to hurt them in the pocket.

Boycotting the entire Wycombe replay would be a more powerful message I feel.

Â