Gun and Knife crime

leighavfc

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's pretty much the same over the country. I suspect gun and knife crime is far more rampant in Liverpool than Brum. Rarely a day goes by here without a shooting or a stabbing. It's been like this for a couple of years. The police had some sort of operation going on today, I think they were boasting about an arrest for gun crime every 15 minutes during the operation.

x 2 in London. Its bloody awful here. I'm really disliking London these days full of a lot of horrible people 

Edited by Demitri_C

I can see myself moving away from Birmingham in the next couple of years. I work remotely more now and as long as I show my face in Brum HQ 1 or 2 days a week I would be fine 

21 hours ago, bickster said:

It's pretty much the same over the country. I suspect gun and knife crime is far more rampant in Liverpool than Brum. Rarely a day goes by here without a shooting or a stabbing. It's been like this for a couple of years. The police had some sort of operation going on today, I think they were boasting about an arrest for gun crime every 15 minutes during the operation.

Yeah there was an operation, I heard about it on the radio. Liverpool is a very unique city in so many ways. Gun crime is off the scale up there, and it’s unique in that it’s white males shooting white males. Very similar to Glasgow in that it’s mainly white gangs going around stabbing and shooting each other. Birmingham gun crime is 99% Black and Asian gangs I’d bet. 

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Another lad stabbed in the city. 

16yo on Bull Street

29yo stabbed by Aston Uni today 

Maccie D's in Dale End now have metal detecting arches like an airport when you go in. 

Welcome to Brum! 

On 26/02/2019 at 19:20, Demitri_C said:

What's scary about London it seems to young on young

Same in Brum. All teenagers.

I'm not saying there is a pattern, but looking at the names of the 3 recent victims, I'm not saying there isn't a pattern either. 

On 27/02/2019 at 20:23, Xela said:

Same in Brum. All teenagers.

I'm not saying there is a pattern, but looking at the names of the 3 recent victims, I'm not saying there isn't a pattern either. 

A girl sadly got stabbed to death yesterday, but as she is a middle-class young white girl its plastered all over the front pages.

On 26/02/2019 at 18:23, Xela said:

Like i said, i'd still be in Brum 2 days a week for 'meetings' at the Keg and Grill! :ph34r:

Honestly, I've been there before and didn't think it was all that. The Grove in Handsworth is the undisputed king of Indian mix grills.

55 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

A girl sadly got stabbed to death yesterday, but as she is a middle-class young white girl its plastered all over the front pages.

Have you had your head in the sand? I've seen numerous black people stabbed to death and their pictures have been front page. 

56 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

.  A girl sadly got stabbed to death yesterday, but as she is a middle-class young white girl its plastered all over the front pages.

Quite rightly so.

A teenage female victim of any colour killed in a seemingly random attack is always going go get more column inches than a teenage lad who got killed during a drug/gang scuffle. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Honestly, I've been there before and didn't think it was all that. The Grove in Handsworth is the undisputed king of Indian mix grills.

It's not the best, but in terms of getting people out after work in the city centre, its one of only 2 options (other being Hen 'n' Chickens)

My favourite, I think, is Special Spices in Great Barr, closely followed by The New Talbot in Wednesbury and the New Soho Tavern in Hockley

On 03/03/2019 at 10:10, sharkyvilla said:

This case sounds unusual. She was in a park with her friends while two youths were lurking nearby. The two leave and return 30 minutes later where one stabs her in the back without saying anything. No argument or fight. No motive. 

Â