Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, would be better than De Laet IMO. 

Really? Haven't seen him play much to be honest but he always struck me as the Gabby of defending, all pace, no brain.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

Really? Never seen him play much to be honest but he always struck me as the Gabby of defending, all pace, no brain.

If he was good enough to keep Billy Jones out of the Sunderland backline, he's good enough for me. 

Jedinak, Morrison, De Laet, Diawara & Hernandez or Bamford would be a terrific window, especially when coupled with the players landed already and exits that might happen before the window closes

Edited by thunderball

14 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Jedinak, Morrison, De Laet, Diawara & Hernandez or Bamford would be a terrific window, especially when coupled with the players landed already and exits that might happen before the window closes

Cant see us getting 3 midfielders. 

Just now, westholmevillan said:

Source?

Big thing for me was RDM saying we were in for him...managers don't usually say stuff like that unless negotiations are a fair way down the line...Pat Murphy said we were in for him...Richard did...his conduct at the end of the Palace game yesterday was apparently of a farewell nature.

Think that's enough there to say it's more than a tentative link and will be done soon enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Big thing for me was RDM saying we were in for him...managers don't usually say stuff like that unless negotiations are a fair way down the line...Pat Murphy said we were in for him...Richard did...his conduct at the end of the Palace game yesterday was apparently of a farewell nature.

Think that's enough there to say it's more than a tentative link and will be done soon enough.

Don't forget Agent Dave, love that guy...

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Thanks.....convinced now!  Will be a great addition IMO

33 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Yedlin is essentially a sprinter. If he played with Adama on the right we could take out half the leagues left backs with ankle injuries.

Probably wouldn't get much defending done, though.

could be very dizzy Villa fans sitting in the front row as well

Jedinak probably has less than two seasons left in his legs. Yesterday he reportedly had a good first half but, his second half performance was jaded and pedestrian.  Hardly what we need, besides there are younger players who are captain material.

Diawara hasn't had any preseason, so he'd be two months behind fitness wise if he was signed today. Can we really afford to have a player who wouldn't be fit to play for two to three months?

Morrison is hardly the type of player who fits the criteria laid down for incoming purchases.

Hull have nobody in place to deal with transfers, either in or out, so Hernandez is a no-go.

I for one, am unsure about De Laet, simply because he seems to be the perpetual loan player.