Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just now, Phumfeinz said:

He also waited until the penultimate day the window closes for some reason. Doing himself no favours there!

Maybe he did the math..

Saw that McCormack and Kodjia are likely our first choice strikers and with Adomah likely on the way his position in the starting XI gets less and less likely. 

One it shows ambition that he doesn't want to rot on a bench, but two it shows a lack of fight to keep his place in the team. 

Just now, Daweii said:

Maybe he did the math..

Saw that McCormack and Kodjia are likely our first choice strikers and with Adomah likely on the way his position in the starting XI gets less and less likely. 

One it shows ambition that he doesn't want to rot on a bench, but two it shows a lack of fight to keep his place in the team. 

...and then told the club shop employees instead of the management. Interesting route, fair play!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Maybe he did the math..

Or maybe it's fabricated bullshit and we should give him the benefit of the doubt when the only "source" of a transfer request is a wind-up merchant on Twitter.

41 minutes ago, useless said:

When other clubs like you, it's because they know you aren't a threat.

I think we are hated whether we are playing well or playing shit. I mean we had very few allies last year at our absolute worst.

I think many fans of other clubs are jealous of what Villa have accomplished, because without winning anything of note for decades we are still a more prestigious club than 98% of teams out there. 5 League Cups, 7 FA Cups, 1 Champions League, 1 Super Cup, 1 Community Shield, 7 League Titles.

The last time we were relegated we came back first time of asking and within 5 years had a team that came 2nd in the inaugural Premier League season.. Fans of other teams don't like that you can't keep Aston Villa down for long. They were relishing in our downfall only to see us start buying the league and as more players, stronger players and more money has been spent the level of butthurt from rival fans has increased and increased. 

So we are hated because we just don't go away. Just wait for sheer levels of saltiness from rival fans when we eventually win something again. 

• Like 1

imo the only other business we would be doing is just getting depth/experienced players in on loans(GK-if no faith in Steer/Bunn, Center Half-especially if Richards goes, Center Mid-Probably most important area for myself, and a striker-preferably not african so we have at least 2 strikers not going away to the AFCON) 

Edited by Villaphan04
wording

35 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I think we are hated whether we are playing well or playing shit. I mean we had very few allies last year at our absolute worst.

I think many fans of other clubs are jealous of what Villa have accomplished, because without winning anything of note for decades we are still a more prestigious club than 98% of teams out there. 5 League Cups, 7 FA Cups, 1 Champions League, 1 Super Cup, 1 Community Shield, 7 League Titles.

The last time we were relegated we came back first time of asking and within 5 years had a team that came 2nd in the inaugural Premier League season.. Fans of other teams don't like that you can't keep Aston Villa down for long. They were relishing in our downfall only to see us start buying the league and as more players, stronger players and more money has been spent the level of butthurt from rival fans has increased and increased. 

So we are hated because we just don't go away. Just wait for sheer levels of saltiness from rival fans when we eventually win something again. 

This is why other teams hate us. I doubt many teams are jealous of what we achieved decades ago. We have long since become an irrelevance, yet somehow cling to the belief that because we won a league cup 20 years ago we are still a big club.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

This is why other teams hate us. I doubt many teams are jealous of what we achieved decades ago. We have long since become an irrelevance, yet somehow cling to the belief that because we won a league cup 20 years ago we are still a big club.

Well Newcastle do the same for a trophy they won before colour TV.

• Like 2