Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 hours ago, useless said:

He's already been advising on our transfers this summer. Recruitment is going to be a big part of his job.

Do you have a reason/source for saying this or making it up? :D

2 hours ago, useless said:

Xia angry with Ayew.

Again, do you have a Twitter post for this?

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I wonder if he is to blame for Gollini. Even if he is, it's RDM who chooses to persist with playing him.

Do we have to read your gollini bashing in every thread?

Spoiler

XIa tweeted that the TD has been helping with transfers, along with Di Matteo and others. And I think it's common knowledge that the Technical Director will play a big part in recruitment.

On him being angry with Ayew he he said this...

Dr. Tony Xia Retweeted Vital Villa

One of the reasons I was more angry .

in responce to this tweet from Vital Villa...

But Xia's now deleted his tweet (I was able to copy and paste it, because I still had the tab open and haven't refreshed it).

Put post in spoiler looks a bit messy

Edited by useless

Asamoah Gyan has flown into the south-east of England on Sunday to evaluate a number of offers from English clubs.

The 30-year-old Ghana striker is the subject of interest from Sunderland,Fulham and several other Championship sides over a season-long loan from Chinese Super League team Shanghai SIPG.

Gyan, who spent two years at Sunderland until a move to UAE club Al Ain in 2012, says he is back to prove himself in England and will not necessarily choose the Premier League over the Championship.

He told Sky Sports News HQ: "I have a lot of options. Me and my agent are here to evaluate them and get the work done, and then I can continue doing what I do best, which is scoring goals and playing well.

"I am confident I will have a club in England. There are good options to think about, so we had to fly in quickly. Me being in England means there is something concrete, so we need to evaluate the options and do the work.

"I heard about Sunderland and Fulham but we will see what happens. There might be surprises. Football is full of them. The people around me are trying to benefit me. It doesn't matter if it is Championship or Premier league, it's about being comfortable where I am.

"Sunderland is a good club. It was unfortunate I didn't play for many years there. I had to leave and that is football. Sometimes you stay for a long time at a club and then other times you go. I just want to prove myself again in England. I am ready to go.

"I went to the Middle East but I was scoring goals for the national team and in the world cup. I don't regret it at all and now I am back to prove myself again. Maybe it is my destiny to be back to the Premier League or the Championship.

"Maybe we will make a decision tonight, or tomorrow."

Unpredictable loan?

Edited by TheWalletInspector

As strange as it might seem I think we need a striker who doesn't wan't the ball all the time :D

Ayew, McCormack and Grealish all wan't and are rather comfortable with the ball, but as our current center striker Gestede is a bit immobile it makes us a bit slow and complicated in possession.

We need someone who will move all the time and make runs without the ball to stretch the opposition and open up space for our other players. Obviously this player still needs to be clinical when given the chance. 

If we sign a proper wide player or creative midfielder Ayew could be this player, think he'd be better suited to play further up than as a wide player.

13 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Gollini was a summer transfer. This is the summer transfer thread. It was in reference to the transfer advisors at the club. 

What about the post match thread for Bristol city, the pre-match thread for nottm forest, the Roberts di Matteo thread and of course the gollini thread? Do we have to read it in all of these too?

25 minutes ago, useless said:
  Hide contents

XIa tweeted that the TD has been helping with transfers, along with Di Matteo and others. And I think it's common knowledge that the Technical Director will play a big part in recruitment.

On him being angry with Ayew he he said this...

Dr. Tony Xia Retweeted Vital Villa

One of the reasons I was more angry .

in responce to this tweet from Vital Villa...

But Xia's now deleted his tweet (I was able to copy and paste it, because I still had the tab open and haven't refreshed it).

Put post in spoiler looks a bit messy

Thanks, Useless. Both very informative.

5 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

What about the post match thread for Bristol city, the pre-match thread for nottm forest, the Roberts di Matteo thread and of course the gollini thread? Do we have to read it in all of these too?

I think most people would use a post match thread to discuss the poor performance of a player in that game. Similarly they would suggest that the player be dropped in the pre match thread for the next game. And as for the Gollini thread.....

25 minutes ago, Richard said:

I think we will have four. Two permanent and two loans 

I think that four are necessary, any less and we don't look like a team. My hopes are resting on the next few transfers and that the players gel.

Think villa_southerner is on holiday for a couple of weeks. Pretty sure he/she is also @avfctransfers1 on Twitter and that account hasn't posted since August 19.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sne said:

As strange as it might seem I think we need a striker who doesn't wan't the ball all the time :D

Ayew, McCormack and Grealish all wan't and are rather comfortable with the ball, but as our current center striker Gestede is a bit immobile it makes us a bit slow and complicated in possession.

We need someone who will move all the time and make runs without the ball to stretch the opposition and open up space for our other players. Obviously this player still needs to be clinical when given the chance. 

If we sign a proper wide player or creative midfielder Ayew could be this player, think he'd be better suited to play further up than as a wide player.

If we sign Adomah, it might be good for Gestede.