Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

48 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Never mind what Michael118 says mate, Tismyk seems to be the go to guy for opinions on holiday destinations on VT! ;)

Valencia is also lovely. Be there on the 31st for Tomatina, where everybody gets to pelt tomatoes at each other.

I would avoid the player like a doctor with a bookcase full of colouring books, however.

Edited by AJ

If we were really interested in Abel Hernandez, I think a deal would have been done by now.

Hull apparently have an interest in Richards, so surely if we had of made a bid of the reported £10m, they would have asked us to throw him in as a make-weight. 

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

----------------------Rhodes ----------------------

Ayew---------------McScore------------Grealish

------------Jedinak------------Tish-----------------

Amavi---------Elphick------Chester---------RDL

-----------------------Gollini-------------------------

Bunn, Baker, Cissokho, Bacuna, Westwood, Green, Gestede

If you'd have told me that could possibly be the team the end of last season I'd have called you crazy.

Why on earth would you make Amavi your first choice left back?

I'll admit the kid looks decent going forward but, he has as much idea about defending, as I do about quantum physics. 

42 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Judging by Ayew's body language the first few games he doesn't look interested. Hopefully he sticks around but I wouldn't lose sleep if he wanted to go. Get a natural right winger out there who wants to play for us.

I agree with your assessment Warnock.

The disinterest has probably come about because he's been asked to do a job for the team and, up until now, I've seen nothing in his play, or demeanour, to suggest that he's a team player. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Why on earth would you make Amavi your first choice left back?

I'll admit the kid looks decent going forward but, he has as much idea about defending, as I do about quantum physics. 

or football for that matter reading your posts : )

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Had a great game here tbf....

All I see is one touch, two touch, lose it. No shot on him and light on the ball.

His smile beats Ayews pained scowl hands down though.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

This some sort of sick joke?

You would rather play Cissokho at LB for the rest of the season? Or maybe we should re-sign Richardson...

Now just where did I say or, give the impression that I'd resign Richardson or, for that matter that I would be happy with Cissokho as the number one choice as left-back.

What I said is, that as a left-back, Amavi is very lacking in the defensive aspects of the job. As a young man, he probably has time to learn the defensive arts, although I'd prefer he didn't do it playing in our first team week after week.

I think his defensive fragility is overplayed. And one of the reason's we've bought Jedinak, is to allow our full-backs to have a little less defensive responsibility, so they can give provide us with our width. I expect that Amavi, provided he stays, will become a permanent fixture in the team very soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Now just where did I say or, give the impression that I'd resign Richardson or, for that matter that I would be happy with Cissokho as the number one choice as left-back.

What I said is, that as a left-back, Amavi is very lacking in the defensive aspects of the job. As a young man, he probably has time to learn the defensive arts, although I'd prefer he didn't do it playing in our first team week after week.

Not sure i agree with this, before his injury last year Amavi was arguably our best player (yes i know, not much competition from last years squad) however he looked very promising. Although Cissokho will be very decent in the championship, i'd like to see a lot more of what Amavi has to offer. I'll leave a video in the Amavi thread for you to take a look at ;)