Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

10 hours ago, romavillan said:

Keita has missed training with Lazio, now that would be a good signing....

We were linked last year I think? 

Any player who doesn't turn up for training doesn't have the sort of attitude I would want in a player. Diawara was the same. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Don't know too much about Valencia, but that West ham fans on twitter think he's s**t is no way to judge. Just search what Liverpool fans said about Benteke.

Good point, also what Villa fans said about Lescott and Richards* 

*just in case any scouts are lurking :wave:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Don't know too much about Valencia, but that West ham fans on twitter think he's s**t is no way to judge. Just search what Liverpool fans said about Benteke.

How twelve months makes a change, I wonder if Benteke thinks that when he left us that twelve months later we would be playing in the championship and him playing for Palace

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crumpet said:

I live with two West Ham fans and based on their assessment, Sakho is an absolute clearing in the woods who is refusing to play, and could not even attend a medical at West Brom because he was too unfit.

Valencia, they said is a good player but has an attitude problem. RDM seems to be trying to get rid of players like that, so like you would rather stay clear

Valencia and Sakho sound like a right pair of tubes. I hope we don't go anywhere near them

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Well he didn't do anything worthy of note there.  Whether that is lack of game time or what, he just didn't do it at Liverpool...from a fans perspective probably justified, big money signing making no impact.

26 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

He was absolute dogshit last year, He broke up more united attacks than any opposition players combined. Way past it now and would honestly rather have Westwood in the team.

Not that he's a serious target but Schweinsteiger would boss the Championship. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jon_c said:

OK but I don't think you ignore either do you?  Benteke is quite a rare case IMO, I would say fans more often than not get these things right. I mean who would Villa fans collectively rate as poor?  I think we can all imagine who we be on that list.  Are we wrong?  No I wouldn't say so.  On the flip side, most of our other signings have come with ringing endorsements or at least some positives from fans - Elphick, Tish, Yedinak and I think they have or will be excellent. 

As I said, I have not seem the guy play so I may be reading too much into their fans keenness to get rid and I will back him if he comes.  I also agree he might do well in the championship which he will find easier.  But could we do better for 11m or 12m - probably yes.

1 hour ago, Crumpet said:

I live with two West Ham fans and based on their assessment, Sakho is an absolute clearing in the woods who is refusing to play, and could not even attend a medical at West Brom because he was too unfit.

Valencia, they said is a good player but has an attitude problem. RDM seems to be trying to get rid of players like that, so like you would rather stay clear

You live with 2 West Ham fans?.....call your social worker NOW!

It's stupid because our business has been superb this summer. 

But I've really had my heart set on Morrison and Hernandez. If we don't get one I'll be disappointed. I know that's stupid, before anyone calls me stupid. 

I'll trust the Dr and RDM though, haven't let us down yet. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

Is that good?

Considering the Germans have won the world cup 3 times since England did in 66, using irrelevant mathematics, if SS (BS) was a 1/3 as good as any of those England players he would be 50 years better than anyone in the CH.

Edited by Grasshopper

30 minutes ago, jon_c said:

True, but Benteke had already proved how good he was at Villa. Valencia hasn't proved anything in England yet 

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

West Ham United have rejected a bid from Aston Villa to sign Enner Valencia with the Premier League club determined to bring in another striker before they will consider letting him go.

Meanwhile manager Slaven Bilic confirmed, as reported by Telegraph Sport, that West Ham hope to take Wilfried Bony on loan until January.The Manchester City striker is understood to already have a deal in place to move to the cash-rich Chinese Super League when their transfer window opens at the turn of the year and is set to go out on loan before that.

West Ham paid around £12 million for the 26-year-old and would, at least, want their money back. Another forward, Diafra Sakho, is still expected to leave West Ham before the window closes. A deal for him to move to West Bromwich Albion broke down earlier in the summer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/24/west-ham-reject-aston-villas-bid-for-enner-valencia-with-slaven/

From the Telegraph, but not from Percy. Would be surprised if he was our first choice target.

Edit: just seen John Percy's name also attached to the article.

Really like Valencia....he'd be a massive statement signing at this level imo.

Quite surprised by the negative reaction of WHU fans to him....wasn't that long ago him and Sakho were scoring every week for them. He scored twice v Man. City last season.

Don't see him leaving though...Sakho is in exile, Andre Ayew is out until xmas and Andy Carroll is Andy Caroll so they're pretty light on strikers.

• Like 1