Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

14 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

I don't really understand the urgent need for another striker, but I'm cool with it if it means no more Gabby in the squad.

We have a massive need for a striker. Goals are what's going to get us promoted. In the team we have one player who can consistently get them us. Ayew might and Gestede might but neither is certain. Another proven player at this level would be fantastic. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 8pints said:

Highlights_Reading_2_2_Huddersfield_Town

I like his reactions here, it's a good ball to him from this keeper (Who looks a goodun, I wonder who he plays for now?) but he miscontrols it however is very quick and alert to react to get it back from the defender's poor pass and set up a counter-attacking goal.

lolololol the keeper with the big kick is our very own Jed Steer.

8pints! Nice to see you back, old chap! 

• Like 2

As others have mentioned we've been linked with Jedinak, I'd be really pleased if we got him. But this article is based on Twitter I think.

Aston Villa have submitted a bid for Crystal Palace midfielder Mile Jedinak, according to a reliable journalist.

TalkSport reporter Callum Williams revealed on his personal Twitter account that the Championship side have made a move for the Premier League midfield enforcer

Clickety

Not totally convinced with Wells. His goal scoring record is ok but mostly in the lower divisions. Would prefer Hernandez Bamford or Kodjia

He looks similar style to Ayew. We need something different.. we dont have a player who can hold the ball upfront. A bigger lad with good control and finish. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KSV said:

Not totally convinced with Wells. His goal scoring record is ok but mostly in the lower divisions. Would prefer Hernandez Bamford or Kodjia

He looks similar style to Ayew. We need something different.. we dont have a player who can hold the ball upfront. A bigger lad with good control and finish. 

I don't understand this. Hernandez and Kodjia have both had literally one good season in the Championship, but you'd prefer them over a player who has consistently scored over a number of seasons in all 3 of the lower divisions?

Wells is a no brainer over those two for me. Bamford is a cut above, but Hernandez in particular isn't an impressive striker.

Similarly, I don't really get the clamour for Mile Jedinak. It seems that any player we're linked with is an exciting, must buy. Bizarre. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It seems that any player we're linked with is an exciting, must buy. Bizarre. 

That's because a lot of players we have are crap, must sell.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, villa_southerner said:

From what I've been told a bid is in for Nakhi Wells.....and there is interest from us for McNair however at present Stoke look in pole position.

McNair would be a great signing. And he does not want a loan move, which would be even better. But the competition looks fierce.

51 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't understand this. Hernandez and Kodjia have both had literally one good season in the Championship, but you'd prefer them over a player who has consistently scored over a number of seasons in all 3 of the lower divisions?

Wells is a no brainer over those two for me. Bamford is a cut above, but Hernandez in particular isn't an impressive striker.

Similarly, I don't really get the clamour for Mile Jedinak. It seems that any player we're linked with is an exciting, must buy. Bizarre. 

As I said.. he's similar to Ayew. Would prefer we got more of a different threat 

1 minute ago, KSV said:

As I said.. he's similar to Ayew. Would prefer we got more of a different threat 

not really Wells would outscore Ayew any season. Wells more alive in the box than Ayew ever will be

How would folks feel about giving out of contract Charlie McGrew a trial?

For those that don't know, McGrew was at Celtic until the end of June. He ran his contract out because he wasn't satisfied with their offer of an extension.

McGrew was Celtics player of the season. He is a Scotland international and experienced Champions League and Europa player. He is primarily a left-footed left back who can also play as a central defender or, defensive midfielder.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

As others have mentioned we've been linked with Jedinak, I'd be really pleased if we got him. But this article is based on Twitter I think.

Clickety

1 hour ago, KSV said:

Haha

Lol. Not my words, the words of Football Insider.