Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I disagree.  I agree with KHV. In my opinion he is one of the most overrated players to come through our ranks.

You are looking at the new Agbonlahor/Delfouneso/G. Gardner

He cartainly needs to start producing, big year for Jack but I certainly wouldn't be starting him unless there is a dramatic change

Yes, I think attitude is his problem. I feel that he is almost posing out there at times.

He needs to find the drive that will help him to influence games, do the basics and not try to be fancy.

I will be disappointed if he does not have a very good season, as I think he is very capable of having an excellent career, hopefully with us.

44 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Pre-season friendlies man. If you pay too much attention to them they will slowly drive you insane.

In this case (as opposed to the Teams defensive mental collapse etc etc) I agree, Ayews performance was just a typical pre-season friendly walkabout.

And at least he walked about, unlike Rudy.

I made a similar comment about Clark when he left. Grealish is another one who gets an easier ride with the fans because he's an academy lad, a Villa boy. 

The last time I remember him having a really good game was the Liverpool FA Cup Semi Final. Arguably he played well in the Blues Cup game and Leicester away games as well last season. 

That's hardly a brilliant return from supposedly one of our star men / 'More talent in his little finger'. For me he has to start properly producing this season. He's on the path quickly towards a luxury bit part player only. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DamsonwoodVillan said:

I made a similar comment about Clark when he left. Grealish is another one who gets an easier ride with the fans because he's an academy lad, a Villa boy. 

The last time I remember him having a really good game was the Liverpool FA Cup Semi Final. Arguably he played well in the Blues Cup game and Leicester away games as well last season. 

That's hardly a brilliant return from supposedly one of our star men / 'More talent in his little finger'. For me he has to start properly producing this season. He's on the path quickly towards a luxury bit part player only. 

Feel like he is going to get a few crunching tackles this year and that will make him more aware of passing the ball and not showboating. the lad has talent just needs to applie it

Just now, Garvey13 said:

the lad has talent just needs to applie it

Agreed. I don't think the pear of idiots we have on the books in Gabby and Richards are helping him though.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Agreed. I don't think the pear of idiots we have on the books in Gabby and Richards are helping him though.

That goal he scored against Leicester last year was a peach though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:
4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

That goal he scored against Leicester last year was a peach though.

Just caught it plum!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, DamsonwoodVillan said:

The last time I remember him having a really good game was the Liverpool FA Cup Semi Final.

Bloke i work with calls him 'one game Grealish', he thinks Wembley is the only decent game he's ever had. Now that might be a bit of an exaggeration, and a bit childish, (like you i think he did well against sha) but there aren't many games that stand out given how highly he is rated by some. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Bloke i work with calls him 'one game Grealish', he thinks Wembley is the only decent game he's ever had. Now that might be a bit of an exaggeration, and a bit childish, (like you i think he did well against sha) but there aren't many games that stand out given how highly he is rated by some. 

Well he has only started 16 games in the league plus a few cup games - https://www.whoscored.com/Players/113069/History/Jack-Grealish

Off the top of my head Liverpool, Everton, West Ham from 14/15 stand out, but that's not to say he only had three good games. He was decent every time I saw him. Palace, Chelsea, Leicester and SHA from the first half of last season were all good performances though it was clear he was struggling for fitness at the time. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I cant judge Grealish yet - he played bad last season in a VERY bad team. Next season we will see if he is up to the grade. He will (literally) have to pull his socks up in the championship.