Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

What we most need most in midfield is a Delph/Milner type, rather than an out ant out defensive player. Which is kind of what Diame is (a Delph/Milner type), so looks like we're trying to address that area. Hendrick or one of the players Spurs are letting go could be gettable.

Edited by useless

32 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

he did kick up a fuss to get the move to Villa, so lets hope history doesn't repeat. Ross and Ayew would be awesome - in fact Gestede as a target box man with Ayew and McCormack around him would be awesome, be ironic if just when we have a frontline that looks capable of doing something good, we lose Ayew.

Where will Grealish play then?

20 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Yes, he clearly looked like he didn't care.  Great way to impress the new boss.  Just my opinion mind.

I only watch the first half and until the second goal went in but if anything he looked like he was trying too hard to get on the ball and coming too deep, probably in the frustration that he was playing with Gestede.  Hopefully another striker more suited to his game and maybe a midfield enforcer coming in too will make Ayew and the team as a whole look better.  Also, he has a miserable face in general.

• Like 2

Second half on several occasions when he lost the ball he just slowly walked back not trying to win the ball back at all. Maybe it's just me but I want our team to play with a similar mentality to teams like Barca. Yes we haven't got the players to emulate them going forward, but when they lose the ball, they all have it drilled into them to win it back ASAP.

He is more miserable than i ever imagined. After the middlesborough game, my young kids and i waited outside to have a photo with him by the car park gates, and whilst every other player was happy to oblige, talkative and nice... he looked as though i had just weed on his cat and cancelled christmas when he stood behind them... then to make it much worse... as i kneeled down to take it, he walked off before i did and went to his car with his face still looking like he had slept with a coat hanger upside down in it!

Unexpectedly miserable.

Put me off him abit to be honest, especially since i had seen him keep the ball for the second half like he refused to pass to anyone else, lose it and cost us two goals through doing too much!

This is how i look at it if and i say if ayew leaves for 1p less than we sign mcCormack then the club have learnt nothing at all. Infact i will be totally disgusted Jordan Ayew is worth more than ross anyday of the week. Iknow its the sun reporting but it dosnt fill me with great hope.

Edited by villan501

5 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Second half on several occasions when he lost the ball he just slowly walked back not trying to win the ball back at all. Maybe it's just me but I want our team to play with a similar mentality to teams like Barca. Yes we haven't got the players to emulate them going forward, but when they lose the ball, they all have it drilled into them to win it back ASAP.

Pre-season friendlies man. If you pay too much attention to them they will slowly drive you insane.

3 minutes ago, villan501 said:

This is how i look at it if and i say if ayew leaves for 1p less than we sign mcCormack then the club have learnt nothing at all. Infact i will be totally disgusted Jordan Ayew is worth more than ross anyday of the week. Iknow its the sun reporting but it dosnt fill me with great hope.

Really? I haven't seen anything from Ayew yet which makes me believe he'll score 25 a season, even in the championship. 

Ayew may be younger but has only had one season in the Premier League and hardly pulled up any trees. Sure, we've paid top valuation for McCormack but can't see anybody coming in at more than £10m for Ayew as things stand. 

I'm happy with Gueye and Clark out with McCormack in.

I'd be even happier with Sinclair out and Ravel Morrison in.

I'd ideally like to keep Ayew, but to be honest there isn't one person from last seasons squad that I'm desperate to keep - they all need replacing during the next 3-5 transfer windows.

Clark, Gueye and Ayew would all have made RDM's starting XI this season, however I am confident that for the money we will receive for them, we will be better off in the long run as we are recruiting captains and young talented players with the right attitude.  

UTV

16 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Where will Grealish play then?

In my opinion, Grealish needs to play in a position that pressurises him into consistently producing an end result/product, so it would be best to move him to the central attacking midfield spot. I fear if he isn't pressurised into coming up with an end product consistently, he will continue down the path he is on, that is a 'luxury' player, only to be used in the final 15 minutes of a game when 3 or 4 goals in the lead. 

Just now, 1958Villan said:

In my opinion, Grealish needs to play in a position that pressurises him into consistently producing an end result/product, so it would be best to move him to the central attacking midfield spot. I fear if he isn't pressurised into coming up with an end product consistently, he will continue down the path he is on, that is a 'luxury' player, only to be used in the final 15 minutes of a game when 3 or 4 goals in the lead

He won't get a game here so.

8 minutes ago, KHV said:

On the bench where he belongs

You dont really believe that.  He has more quality in his big toe than most of our players.  Attitude(tracking back) inst great which is his majordown fall.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

In my opinion, Grealish needs to play in a position that pressurises him into consistently producing an end result/product, so it would be best to move him to the central attacking midfield spot. I fear if he isn't pressurised into coming up with an end product consistently, he will continue down the path he is on, that is a 'luxury' player, only to be used in the final 15 minutes of a game when 3 or 4 goals in the lead. 

I think McCormick will be the no10 roll to be honest.  Think his only position will be right or left of McCormick

4 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

You dont really believe that.  He has more quality in his big toe than most of our players.  Attitude(tracking back) inst great which is his majordown fall.

I disagree.  I agree with KHV. In my opinion he is one of the most overrated players to come through our ranks.

You are looking at the new Agbonlahor/Delfouneso/G. Gardner

8 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Lazy, arrogant, bad attitude and if I'm honest apart from maybe 3 or 4 decent games he has been shit every time he has played. Done bugger all the warrant a starting place IMO and done very little to show he is all he is hyped up to be.

There have been loads of potential great players from our academy over the years that jave mounted up to be very little. Jack is another one heading that way, he really needs to pull his finger out of his arse and he needs to do it quickly.

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I disagree.  I agree with KHV. In my opinion he is one of the most overrated players to come through our ranks.

You are looking at the new Agbonlahor/Delfouneso/G. Gardner

IMO I dont think his ability will be his downfall, be his attitude.  If he gets that sorted we will have one heck of a player on our hands.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AtkinsonWonderGoal said:

He is more miserable than i ever imagined. After the middlesborough game, my young kids and i waited outside to have a photo with him by the car park gates, and whilst every other player was happy to oblige, talkative and nice... he looked as though i had just weed on his cat and cancelled christmas when he stood behind them... then to make it much worse... as i kneeled down to take it, he walked off before i did and went to his car with his face still looking like he had slept with a coat hanger upside down in it!

Unexpectedly miserable.

Put me off him abit to be honest, especially since i had seen him keep the ball for the second half like he refused to pass to anyone else, lose it and cost us two goals through doing too much!

Surprised by that, after some of our bad showings this season he'd be the one to come clap the fans regardless and give his shirt away.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Best form for us was in the 4-3-2-1 Sherwood played at end of 14/15. Him and N'zogbia off a main forward.

If you shunt him out to the wing he dosen't have enough pace and can be marked out of games too easily.

He certainly needs to be used centrally for space to run into, I too think him as number 10 is worth a go but he needs to improve his shooting and actually score some goals.

Big season for him regardless, he should be good at this level week in week out.

• Like 1