Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

On 29 May 2016 at 18:14, rodders0223 said:

It's not about money...it's about sending a message.

What has Clark done then? He always gives his best and will be easily good enough in the Championship. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Been utter shit for the best part of half a decade.

IMO!

He's decent not top half of premier league class but easily top end championship. You can question his ability but not his attitude unlike some of the other players previously mentioned. 

I actually would have said yes to Huddlestone when he went to Hull, there was uproar on here when we were linked but I was all for it.

Funnily, now we have dropped down a division I don't fancy him. I used to think his passing ability made up for his lack of mobility and it is true you don't always have to be mobile to make it...but really you can't be THAT **** immobile.

No thanks.

Thing is about Clark, Gabby, Westwood, and most of the other players in the squad, is that we just have had to endure them for the last 3 or 4 seasons, and they are just not good enough, so why should we endure them for another season? I would rather rip it up and start again.It can't be any worse than the last 3 or 4 years.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I wonder if RDM is still on good terms with all at Chelsea?

Wouldn't mind us trying to get Lewis Baker for a season on loan.

That would be an excellent move for us, a young, dynamic, goal scoring midfielder is something we've not seen in a while. 

Im just not sure anyone will want to send their players to us on loan as things stand. But once the changes are made and things are settled, I'd expect we'll be more appealing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Been utter shit for the best part of half a decade.

IMO!

Well, I don't entirely agree, but even if he had been completely appalling, constantly, with no redemption whatsoever you still don't pay to get rid of someone when someone else is trying to give you £5m for them. 

funny how huddlestone is being thrown around here, i remember when we were linked to him, i said id like to see him here, and i got slated by a few on here for it.

same for ranieri, cant remember before which manager it was (i just remember ranieri was out of work at the time), i said id like to see him here, again, i got slated by a few on here for it, now look what hes achieved ;-)

8 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

funny how huddlestone is being thrown around here, i remember when we were linked to him, i said id like to see him here, and i got slated by a few on here for it.

same for ranieri, cant remember before which manager it was (i just remember ranieri was out of work at the time), i said id like to see him here, again, i got slated by a few on here for it, now look what hes achieved ;-)

we are in a different league now. it's not particularly surprising that general opinion of a players' potential usefulness to Aston Villa has increased.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Callum O'Dowda and Wes Hoolahan.  Never heard of O'Dowda before tonight but he looks a good player after checking him out.  Get him in along with Wes.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ4efYywJ4s

^ Link to a youtube video of O'Dowda, don't how to make it embed from ps4 browser.

We've been watching O'Dowda  and have asked to be kept in formed!!!! Good lad who'd jump at the chance to join us. ( his exact words! ) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I wonder if RDM is still on good terms with all at Chelsea?

Wouldn't mind us trying to get Lewis Baker for a season on loan.

That would be a great signing. I've heard that many of the young players in the academy are becoming disillusioned at Chelsea so the promise of first team football could possibly even persuade some to move on a permanent. I also really like John Swift, and Bamford might be convinced to drop back down to the Championship. Then there are the likes of Dom Solanke, Izzy Brown, Tammy Abraham etc. are very talented but they're younger so they probably won't be as eager to get out.