Pre-match thread

Arj Guy

It's amazing just how little Wilkins knows about our players, apparently the problem with our French boys and Traore is that 3 are 22 and 2 are 19...

Troare is 19

Amavi is 21

Veretout is 22

Ayew is 24

and Gueye is 26

How the **** can you not know the ages of the players you were supposedly working with day in day out?

Hmmm - anyone else thinking that Garde may have, even in some small way, written off this season and is just waiting to build this club up from the ground up again and get rid of all the leeches who have delivered Villa to where they are now? His criticism of N'Zogbia was very telling...

I think he is more then willing to stick around and rebuild the club again. He must have thought about that before taking the job...

Hopefully the players can earn their wages and concentrate on the game and show some pride against Newcastle today!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Dont get the mentality of the people that are happy with the lineup.

This is a must win game, to put out a team like that is disgusting.

Maybe this is the right team for a must win game. Out of interest, what would you have preferred?

20 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I think that lineup could have done with a bit more attacking intent but I just don't know who would provide that.

Gil has been poor, Grealish looks uninterested and I still don't think Adama is all he is cracked up to be just yet. 

Hopefully this is a keep it solid, try and nick one, first half approach with a more attacking approach coming later in the game. Its risky but so is going all out and losing the game in the first half.

Compared to the rest of our dross he really has not.

• Like 2