Pre-match thread

Arj Guy

This is a must win, but I have no faith in us even getting a point. Newcastle will be full of confidence after back to back wins, we have none. It is a ground that we haven't won at since 2005. Newcastle have also been very impressive at home in front of the Sky cameras this season.

3-0 Newcastle 

• Like 2

Remi Garde's Aston Villa season starts here

We need 3 pts by hook, crook or luck.

1pt with an organised solid performance that shows signs of improvement would be acceptable considering Toons frontline and the 2 good wins against plop/spuds.

From now on in, no excuses or margins for error if we're to survive

• Like 1

Its a good thing Newcastle got those two recent results, means they'll keep schteve mclaren until it's too late. They'll be overconfident and we'll get a nervy 1-2 win which will just prolong our pain and misery by giving us hope.

I'll put money on that cynical and bitter little cockling John Carver being a pundit for this one. He would love it... just love it, if Villa went down...

I knew that 'Sob on the Tyne' banner would backfire on us one day... Going to be a horrible last home fixture for us...

3 hours ago, dakid007 said:

Guzan

Hutton Richards Okore Lescott

Gana Veretout

Traore Jack Bacuna

Ayew

I'd go Gabby for Bacuna, and keep Bacuna at left back. We need goals and I think the 4-2-3-1 suits us with the personnel we have. 

• Like 1

Think we need a platform to build on, so although we need to win games fast it is a must not lose game for me now! We therefore need to be solid at the back and have pace up top. Richards back hopefully and perhaps Westwood can feed the front 3 better than Sanchez?

----------Guzan--------------
Okore-Richards-Lescott-Clark
----------Westwood-----------
----Gana---------Veretout----
Traore----Ayew----Sinclair

Would have Grealish and Gil coming off the bench to keep the ball better in the second half. Score draw for me but would love to sneak a 2-1.

42 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Would have Grealish and Gil coming off the bench to keep the ball better in the second half. Score draw for me but would love to sneak a 2-1.

I wouldn't even have Grealish on the bench

• Like 2

Win it and we've got a shot at survival but lets be honest it's just not happening.

This is the one where everyone will have to accept where we are heading. If we start properly preparing for the Championship in January we may be able to minimise the damage the drop is going to do to us and have a chance of bouncing back up. If we pack the team full of past it journeymen (as I fear we will) in a futile attempt at escape we could easily end up another Forest, Leeds or Wednesday.

4 minutes ago, Hanky said:

Sod it. Assuming the fitness of Richards.

Guzan

Hutton-Okore-Richards-Bacuna

Traore-Gana-Veretout-Grealish

Ayew-Agbonlahor

I like yours better lol. Can't see Gabby coming back though 

Edited by supermon

Draw not good enough. A win is beyond imperative. Adama will need to play. We may still lose. But the time for gambling is now. 

I'd go

----------------Bunn------------------

Hutton-Okore-Richards-Bacuna

------------Gana----Sanchez---------------

------------------Gill------------------

Traore-----Ayew------Agbonlahor/Nzog

And tell **** Hutton not to go beyond the half way line. 

Edited by supernova26

This really is it - my last bit of hope is on this game.

Anybody putting Clark or Lescott at LB, please meet me at the back of reception, wait till you hear a single gun shot, then report back for further information.

Come on Villa!!!! please!!!!!!

• Like 1