Pre-match thread

Arj Guy

I think that lineup could have done with a bit more attacking intent but I just don't know who would provide that.

Gil has been poor, Grealish looks uninterested and I still don't think Adama is all he is cracked up to be just yet. 

Hopefully this is a keep it solid, try and nick one, first half approach with a more attacking approach coming later in the game. Its risky but so is going all out and losing the game in the first half.

I appreciate completely what you're saying about Adama but I think it's about time we just have him a go from the start. If he played the four midfielders and him I'd be a lot happier.

To me that's the same old lot who I've watched all season.

• Like 1

Game will pan out as follows...

Bright 5-10 mins followed by hope we may actually do something. 

Sloppy error puts Newcastle 1-0 up and soon 2-0 just before half time. 

Unchanged XI at half time. 

Gil & Traore come on at 70 mins and we actually look decent. But we have nothing left in the tank. 

Game over.

• Like 3

We'll attack on the break with Ayew's clever running and Sinclair's pace - I think the four in the middle are there to stop Newcastle dominating. 

It is absolutely vital that we don't concede early.

Also a big game for Westwood who has something to prove.

9 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I think that lineup could have done with a bit more attacking intent but I just don't know who would provide that.

Gil has been poor, Grealish looks uninterested and I still don't think Adama is all he is cracked up to be just yet. 

Hopefully this is a keep it solid, try and nick one, first half approach with a more attacking approach coming later in the game. Its risky but so is going all out and losing the game in the first half.

That's exactly where I am. The team isn't great but there aren't to many options. 

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We'll attack on the break with Ayew's clever running and Sinclair's pace - I think the four in the middle are there to stop Newcastle dominating. 

It is absolutely vital that we don't concede early.

Also a big game for Westwood who has something to prove.

It's a big game for Vertout, Sanchez and Gueye too who so far have shown nothing at all

Cisse to score within two minutes, heads will drop, Newcastle will run riot and be 3 up before half time. They will give up second half and we will get one back and lose 3-1 then Garde will give a really uninspiring interview afterwards