The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

For once. this is completely unfair to Gabby. 

Gabby had been the one who won the ball in the left-hand channel, and passed it to Cissokho, he absolutely didn't have time to get in the box. Gil, Veretout, Bacuna, one of them should have taken a chance and got there. But Gabby can't be in two places at once. 

Ok you got me. To be honest I only had one eye on the game and balls if I'm going to watch any highlights. All I saw was the cross and it was a peach.

Plus I really wanted to make a Gabby eats pies gag.

I remain unconvinced that Garde is the man to get us promoted from the Championship next season. Hopefully in March with Ayew and Traore available the performances will get better.

Really needs to get us improving our attacking play and committing more men forward IMO.

• Like 1

^ Not sure if Traore is nailed on to leave in the summer, but the last thing we want is him tearing it up in the last few games, putting himself in the shop window.

i suspect and hope Garde will give some youngsters a chance shortly, I think after Everton we are pretty much finished. If Garde is staying he must know who he can or can't work with next season. Unfortunately we cannot sell 25 players in one window, this team will need to evolve. I can see four offensive mid/forward players, a keeper and three defenders needing to come in though.

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I remain unconvinced that Garde is the man to get us promoted from the Championship next season. Hopefully in March with Ayew and Traore available the performances will get better.

Really needs to get us improving our attacking play and committing more men forward IMO.

I'm also unconvinced.

But the difference is I'm also unconvinced that he ISN'T the man to get us promoted next season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm also unconvinced.

But the difference is I'm also unconvinced that he ISN'T the man to get us promoted next season.

Exactly. Being unconvinced means that you don't know either way. People seem to be conflating being unconvinced with "I don't think he'll do it". 

• Like 1

I'm convinced he's not the manager to lift us up the table in the premier league.

I don't watch the Championship regularly enough to say if he could get us promoted. I think we could get a worse manager but if we have premier league ambitions I am certain we can do better.

10 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I don't hate Sherwood, the guy was just a charlatan. 

And no, it wasn't as bad as this. It was worse.

This - what you feel right now may always seem stronger/worse than it was before but in a lot of cases it's not true. (See also, Doug Ellis Era, The.)

• Like 1

He will be elaving in summer anyway. Players are crap, not bothering to play for him and he has been stitched up.

Another summer of uncertainty again. If remi leaves as about 90% of the fanbase think, we need to get Pearson in. i cant stand the bloke but he is really experienced in championship and did well in premier league. he wont take no crap from losers like lescott.

I would love Rowett but cant see us going for another blose manager after the mcleish episode

It's difficult to judge him too harshly what with the current mess he's walked into. Someone else could have come in and done better, they might not though. Who knows what might have happened. I'm not completely convinced he's the right man for next season, however as long as the board fully back him to create his own team then I'm happy to give him the chance. I like him as a person, and I think he has potential to do very well. Not with this squad though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

We need a root and branch change of the squad - Pearson could get more out of this lot than Remi can but I don't think he's necessarily a better manager and I think it would only paper over the cracks a la Lambert. 

We'll be getting a 'root & branch' change what with all the corporate big wigs we've now got overseeing our demise.

9 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Regardless of if Garde goes or not, and if its Pearson, or Monk, or whoever, unless we have proper management at the top then nothing is going to change.

Yyyyyyyep.

On 27. Februar 2016 at 19:37, DCJonah said:

I do to some extent. But we're not a charity, he's being paid a lot of money. If he's truly unhappy he can walk at anytime. He needs to prove he deserves the opportunity to bring this club back up and build something. 

McNose stayed because it was always going to be the best job he could ever have.

Now Lambert, once broken, stayed for the compensation package - unforgivable

Sherwood, b-lined for 20th so he could get compensation.

I think Remi is doing his best, feels let down from all sides, and will go with dignity at the end of the season under extremely bad circumstances set by bad ownership/board management and bad player attitudes

Garde has mainly let me down with his comments and team selection. He said players arent figthing or not good enough yet starts 10 of them vs Stoke. Im no fan of Clark but I would rather see him try and fail than watch Lescott lumber around like he playing a testimonial

also at Lyon he had a reputation for playing kids well he has had a few on bench last few games yet same subs in Sinclair and Gestede. the Lyden lad surely cant be worse than Westwood

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Garde has mainly let me down with his comments and team selection. He said players arent figthing or not good enough yet starts 10 of them vs Stoke. Im no fan of Clark but I would rather see him try and fail than watch Lescott lumber around like he playing a testimonial

also at Lyon he had a reputation for playing kids well he has had a few on bench last few games yet same subs in Sinclair and Gestede. the Lyden lad surely cant be worse than Westwood

1) How do you know that Clark is showing enough in training to warrant a place in the team? Lescott playing poorly doesn't automatically mean that another player deserves a chance if they aren't pulling their weight in training. Bunn has had a shocker in 2 consecutive games but the alternative is Guzan, does he just throw Guzan back in? No, because like Clark he blows hot and cold, mostly cold at present.

2) Have you seen the quality of the youngsters he had to work with at Lyon? In that respect he got lucky because the funds weren't there but also didn't need to be. Lyon had people who knew that they had a good generation coming through. What was Garde given? A poorly assembled group of players OKed by a glorified youth development coach playing as manager and when the opportunity arose for him to at least get some of his own players in the club turned their back on him.

Â