The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

6 minutes ago, Duck said:

Odds are completely and utterly against this before I even spit this out.... But...

in an ideal world.... And if Garde were to leave....

Mourinho is looking for a project this summer. If the board were to spin it the right way to him, sell it to him as a proud traditional club with a lot to gain and nothing to lose, and offer him a big enough pay check, I think it'd be perfect for him.

hed need a hell of a lot of backing though

I'm sure he could deliver more than what the last load of "managers" have.

And then I wake up and realise that's never going to happen, and we'll sign Ian dowie instead

Yeah but, could he cut it in the Championship? 

• Like 1

The only real manager in recent times has been Alex Ferguson who and without mega funds took Aberdeen to the top and destroyed the Celtic/Rangers era.  Then there is Eddie Howe of Bournmouth and of course Arsene Wenger of Arsenal.  Your Peps and Jose's are just check book managers.  Jose would never take a project like us or anybody similar without insane amounts of money!!! 

The quality of the manager doesn't really matter if the setup is wrong.  All these teams above us had a proper 5 year plan,  we chopped and changed our plan with every new appointment.  The seriousness of this **** up needs to be documented! I'm glad the press are now starting to take notice.  It's not fair we're labelled as a 'laughing stock', it goes much deeper than that.  Neutrals should feel sorry for us!

I think Garde is the best manager since MON. Sherwood was a chancer and a clown (to quote another member). What a suprise he managed to motivate Grealish. I think he might have got stitched up with the summer transfers but to be honest who would take his opinion seriously and he likes to blame others for his own failings. I like Garde and I think he has done the best he can. In any other time he might have been able to build something, but he needs years. He has been stitched up and you can see he is fed up. When we go down, the problem I have with Garde is on a number of occasions when things have been going wrong he hasn't changed things tactically. With the money (or lack of it being invested) we need people who can make a silk purse out of a sows ear to get us out of the championship. Remi isn't the one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duck said:

Odds are completely and utterly against this before I even spit this out.... But...

in an ideal world.... And if Garde were to leave....

Mourinho is looking for a project this summer. If the board were to spin it the right way to him, sell it to him as a proud traditional club with a lot to gain and nothing to lose, and offer him a big enough pay check, I think it'd be perfect for him.

hed need a hell of a lot of backing though

I'm sure he could deliver more than what the last load of "managers" have.

And then I wake up and realise that's never going to happen, and we'll sign Ian dowie instead

If Garde does go for me in summer it's between two managers for job depending if they want it!!

Mark Warburton or Gary Rowett!!

Mourinho is unrealistic!!

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

If Garde does go for me in summer it's between two managers for job depending if they want it!!

Mark Warburton or Gary Rowett!!

Mourinho is unrealistic!!

I would agree with them 2, think if couldnt get either of them maybe Steve Clarke be a good shout steady the ship

That last interview with RG is pretty damning.  He is basically saying that his squad is so poor he knows he is sending out players that are not up to the job and don't have the heart for the fight.  Never mind what that says about the players on the pitch, it speaks volumes about those that cannot even get a game.  What a desperate state this club is in. 

On 23/02/2016 at 01:18, TRO said:

It's not the worst Villa team I have ever seen.....but let me say this.

with the potential resources and training facilities and weighing up the whole infrastructure.....this last 6 years has been as scandalous a case of mismanagement you will ever see.

It is clear that a low level of football nous has been employed and even now the penny hasn't quite dropped.

I do understand that you can't have too many cooks in the kitchen and that Remi probably prefers no other footballing interference.

....but what if Remi fails too.

We need a footballing heavyweight on the board even in a non- executive roll at least.

I have to disagree with you on this, it is the worst. Even when we went down to the old third division the players had more fight about them than this lot and we did get to a league cup final as a third division club. So no I can't think of a worse Villa team ever.

Either he's been given the thumbs up to completely overhaul the squad in the summer, or he's leaving at the end of the season, based on that, I'd say. He seems to have no problems burning bridges with the players in the squad.

• Like 1

I don't think anything he said in that press conference was a revelation nor was it particularly damning.  We are 3rd in the injury table.  Saying you don't have too much choice in how you change the remaining team is a statement of fact rather than an indictment of what's left.

• Like 1

Â